Page 608 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 10850855859860460560660760860961061161261865870811081608 ... LastLast
Results 9,106 to 9,120 of 36574
    Extraordinary Member

That Superman vs. Elite review is pretty good

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    that's what i love about sfdebris' review. he really goes deep into the themes and storylines than just reviewing the movie/show and making jokes.

his deep look into the character of superman and humanity in general is pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    That Superman vs. Elite review is pretty good
    I did enjoy the character study on Superman as well, and I've also been enjoying his Sith Warrior series. His KOTOR reviews haven't disappointed yet.

Watching the youtuber Deusdaecon's reviews on the Final Destination movies (well, 3-5), and he compares them to live-action Itchy and Scratchy. I disagree with that, because the Final Destination films aren't live-action Itchy and Scratchy, they're live-action Happy Tree Friends.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Ooooh, Kase-san and Morning Glories is getting an english dub that sounds really good.

The manga is one of my favourite slice of life romance series.

Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 08-15-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Apparently there's a Superman game out there that's really good.

Except it's not a Superman game. It's a game about an unnamed invincible hero defending his city from super villains. And it's made by three students from Vantan Game Academy, Osaka. And it's really more of a proof of concept kind of game.

But it looks hella cool.

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Looking back at things, Bad Boys is a strange manga where if I recommend it, I'd also tell them the first volume or two are kinda lame in both art and premise. Then later it becomes pretty neat of a read.

...It really does feel awkward the most recent chapter released makes you feel bad and kinda happy for a main character that honestly is a total scumbag especially in the early story which again is difficult to get through.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

My Hero Academia: *after the battle*

spoilers:
    Apocrypha: Hey, Re-Destro. Can I just run a few things by you, you know see if I got things right?

Re-Destro: Sure. Go ahead.

Apocrypha: We challenged the League of Villains to a fight because they're annoying and we wanted to use their defeat to show that citizens freely using their quirks without restrictions and reliance on heroes is the right way for society to go.

Re-Destro: Right so far.

Apocrypha: But we know that they're dangerous so we really stacked the odds in our favour by strong arming them to come into a trap in a city controlled by us and we're going at them with a massive numbers advantage. Like it the six of them against like 100 000 of us. And our top guys are by no means weak. You can destroy a city by punching at it, I can control massive amounts of ice, Curious could place explosive mines wherever she wanted, Skeptic could produce a small army on his own and Trumpet could buff our troops, which I remind you outnumber the enemy to a ridiculous degree.

Re-Destro: Everything you say is accurate.

Apocrypha: But despite all of those advantages, we still lost. And not in the "They survived, saved their friend and got away" kind of lost. We lost in the "Got our asses handed to us" kind of lost. Not only did they murder a plethora of our soldiers, but the physical and mental stress we put them through made a number of their members stronger (either by them overcoming their own crippling handicaps or their quirks evolving). And then a giant monster man showed up and we couldn't do **** to him.

Re-Destro: Yeah. We did not see that coming.

Apocrypha: And they whup us so badly that we're actually just going to hand over control of our entire organisation and all of its assets to these insane criminals. my question is basically... How? How did that happen?

Re-Destro: Well, I think...

Shigaraki: Allow me. It's because you guys suck and we rule. Now make like a beaten Pokemon trainer and hand over half you money. Except make it all your money and everything else you own. We're gonna get rad HQ.
    end of spoilers

But seriously, I really like this development. Did not see the aftermath of that battle coming. Shigaraki and the League have really stepped up their game now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    My Hero Academia: *after the battle*

spoilers:
    Apocrypha: Hey, Re-Destro. Can I just run a few things by you, you know see if I got things right?

Re-Destro: Sure. Go ahead.

Apocrypha: We challenged the League of Villains to a fight because they're annoying and we wanted to use their defeat to show that citizens freely using their quirks without restrictions and reliance on heroes is the right way for society to go.

Re-Destro: Right so far.

Apocrypha: But we know that they're dangerous so we really stacked the odds in our favour by strong arming them to come into a trap in a city controlled by us and we're going at them with a massive numbers advantage. Like it the six of them against like 100 000 of us. And our top guys are by no means weak. You can destroy a city by punching at it, I can control massive amounts of ice, Curious could place explosive mines wherever she wanted, Skeptic could produce a small army on his own and Trumpet could buff our troops, which I remind you outnumber the enemy to a ridiculous degree.

Re-Destro: Everything you say is accurate.

Apocrypha: But despite all of those advantages, we still lost. And not in the "They survived, saved their friend and got away" kind of lost. We lost in the "Got our asses handed to us" kind of lost. Not only did they murder a plethora of our soldiers, but the physical and mental stress we put them through made a number of their members stronger (either by them overcoming their own crippling handicaps or their quirks evolving). And then a giant monster man showed up and we couldn't do **** to him.

Re-Destro: Yeah. We did not see that coming.

Apocrypha: And they whup us so badly that we're actually just going to hand over control of our entire organisation and all of its assets to these insane criminals. my question is basically... How? How did that happen?

Re-Destro: Well, I think...

Shigaraki: Allow me. It's because you guys suck and we rule. Now make like a beaten Pokemon trainer and hand over half you money. Except make it all your money and everything else you own. We're gonna get rad HQ.
    end of spoilers

But seriously, I really like this development. Did not see the aftermath of that battle coming. Shigaraki and the League have really stepped up their game now.
    spoilers:
    Nice way to protect Gigantomachia and keep him looking strong while still getting him working under Shigaraki's command.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    spoilers:
    Nice way to protect Gigantomachia and keep him looking strong while still getting him working under Shigaraki's command.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, that was a good compromise. And he'll probably get to do more in future arcs.

spoilers:
    I do like that what made Shiggy decide to accept the surrender is that his crew wanted some sushi earlier in the arc. They can get all the sushi they want now. Tomura Shigaraki is a good boss.
    end of spoilers

My Forum check it out

BANNED

Am I the only one who thinks Aqua is the most overated character in KH? I mean you allways here people talk about how she's the best written female (the series dosn't have the best track record with female characters), but I just think she's painfuly bland. She has a nice design and she can fight but that's about all her character reall has going for her. The only time she was ever anything aproaching interesting was in 0.2.

I mean the other girls in KH arn't handeled great either, but Namine, Xion, Larxene, Skuld and even Miss Useless herself Kairi, have more well defined and fleshed out personalities than Aqua has.

My Forum check it out