Page 619 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 11951956960961561661761861962062162262362966971911191619 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,285 of 36799

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    She's getting really good at checking her six between kills and while moving. She still misses them once in a while, but since for now she's exclusively playing Juggernaut when on Gold-level missions, it's not so big a deal. On Silver it's not so much of a problem, and she's pretty good at keeping her eye out for the insta-kill types.

Also, I occasionally give her a head's up with some frantic signing. 'Behind you!' Frigging Praetorians...man, Collectors are still the 'Difficulty level + 1/2' group.
    That works!

There is going to be new info on the next Yakuza game in a few days. It’ll be interesting to see the new protagonist in action.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Keith David will reprise his role as Spawn in MK 11 https://realotakugamer.com/keith-dav...rtal-kombat-11

13RW Season 3 is a season for celebration!

spoilers:

Monty and Bryce are DEAD! Bryce gets his leg broken and thrown off a bridge to drown in ice cold water and Monty is killed in prison.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Is it wrong that I think those two guys probably should've lost that last fight there?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Nanatsu No Taizai: Ok, one chapter of interactinos was all it took to get to appreciate Zeldris/Gelda as a couple.

Now please show me the backstory of how they met and became an item despite being on opposite sides. Give me the meat of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Is it wrong that I think those two guys probably should've lost that last fight there?
    I haven't seen that movie in years!

"The Divergent film series has the best hand-to-hand fight scenes ever filmed."

-Sharpandpointies

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post

-Sharpandpointies
    Context please? Sarcasm? Alternate universe Sharp? I have rewatched some fight scenes, it didn't look brilliant (how are they supposed to move efficiently in that stance, that doesn't protect the head in any way?). Though I did like the end result of 100-pound Tris trying to wrestle that much bigger than her guy (hint: it wasn't pretty). Also, regarding the stance, she tooks some hooks, so there's at least that.

Also, hesitating somewhat about what to do starting from September, between starting Combat SAMBO, which would allow me to only do the boxing classes in my Savate club, and restarting Judo, which would allow me to continue working on my Savate... Unless I select that other Judo club, which would allow me to take a weapons classes close to my home, but that would mean leaving my Jeet Kune Do club ... Does anyone have a Time Turner I could borrow?
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 08-27-2019 at 03:57 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Every good Spidey run should remember to not only have relationships with the usual Spidey-crew, but also the other heroes with whom he has a bond, like Stephen Strange, Johnny Storm, Matt Murdock, Tony Stark and apparently now Shang-Chi. And then just to troll him, Frank Castle.
    Indeed. Speaking of which, Johnny Storm has already shown up to help in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Yeah, speaking of which, he should make an appearance in the next DD issue. Also, it would be nice if Matt and Peter knew each other's secret identity again.
    Yes, but it doesn't look like a friendly meeting. Peter gave Matt that warning last time they met, and the preview doesn't make his Spider-mask look happy.

-Sharpandpointies
    I have never said this.

....I'm guessing the fight scenes are horrible?

Trolling me, bleah.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Context please? Sarcasm? Alternate universe Sharp? I have rewatched some fight scenes, it didn't look brilliant (how are they supposed to move efficiently in that stance, that doesn't protect the head in any way?). Though I did like the end result of 100-pound Tris trying to wrestle that much bigger than her guy (hint: it wasn't pretty). Also, regarding the stance, she tooks some hooks, so there's at least that.
    Okay, now I'm curious. I have to find some of these fights.

Also, hesitating somewhat about what to do starting from September, between starting Combat SAMBO, which would allow me to only do the boxing classes in my Savate club, and restarting Judo, which would allow me to continue working on my Savate... Unless I select that other Judo club, which would allow me to take a weapons classes close to my home, but that would mean leaving my Jeet Kune Do club ... Does anyone have a Time Turner I could borrow?
    What weapon classes? What sort of practice do they do?

How is the SAMBO club? How does their practice look?

Nothing wrong with a Judo/Savate combination... ^_^ And if you're already good at Savate, unless you're bored with it then honing what you have is a solid idea.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

-Sharpandpointies
    Troll. ^_^

I admit, I've seen worse. Hollywood is rife with what I feel to be absolutely crappy fight scenes. There were some hook punches from the dude there that didn't come across as absolutely terrible, though they were mostly arm punches. Bleah.

Her 'grappling' of him was contrived and awkward. I mean, everything in a fight scene is pretty much contrived, but this LOOKED contrived. The actress basically fumbled like heck getting his arm, and he just...let her, as his arm slides through her loose grip.

*watches again* Spoke too soon about the hooks, the one at 1:25 is awful. He snaps his shoulder forward THEN throws the punch with his arm. And I'm still not sure what she did at the start to cause him to go 'Owww!' Punch his shoulder? 'Poke a nerve cluster' crap? Give him a purple nurple?

Again, not the worst I've seen by any stretch, but nowhere near something I would endorse. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Well, their opponents were pretty useless, frankly.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yes, but it doesn't look like a friendly meeting. Peter gave Matt that warning last time they met, and the preview doesn't make his Spider-mask look happy.
    True, I am also curious to see the way a certain person is going to help (retrain? like Lady Shiva retrained Batman in Knightsend) Matt.

I have never said this.

....I'm guessing the fight scenes are horrible?

Trolling me, bleah.

Okay, now I'm curious. I have to find some of these fights.
    Ask, and you shall receive:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRTpaWPOmIw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzPxDCwTz6Y

(Next part, due to having to many smilies in one message, I guess)

What weapon classes? What sort of practice do they do?

How is the SAMBO club? How does their practice look?

Nothing wrong with a Judo/Savate combination... ^_^ And if you're already good at Savate, unless you're bored with it then honing what you have is a solid idea.
    I didn't go to the weapon classes yet, it is a mix of Balintawak, which is,from the little I have seen, a substyle of Eskrima that has a focus on the medium/short range (not ideal, but I am curious), and Baraw Sugbo, which is a knife fighting style. The Facebook page does talk about applying with a helmet and foam weapons, so it is a good sign it won't just be drills. There is a workshop on Sunday, if I am not too exhausted from helping a friend, I'll pay them a visit .

The Sambo club looks good, especially the grappling, which is what I am looking for, though the kickboxing part is nothing special (some weight on the heels, some haymakers), and the city area the gymnasium is in looks a bit dodgy. Also, they might be going a little too hard (slight bleeding here, I also got afraid that someone broke their clavicle at one point, like me a few years ago, even if it ended up being nowhere near that bad), though I guess that comes with the territory.

I wouldn't say "good at Savate", just capable enough to enter minor competitions and do well enough, and definitely far from bored. I guess the Judo/Savate combination is a better idea, voicing out (or writing out) concerns does help, thanks .

One of the Judo clubs is in the same gymnasium as the one I practice Savate. The other is not far from the train station before mine. Which one I choose will depend on the weapon classes .