Page 628 of 2458 FirstFirst ... 12852857861862462562662762862963063163263867872811281628 ... LastLast
Results 9,406 to 9,420 of 36861

Earth-86082. WTH.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, after twenty-two years, the Pokemon anime is finally going to reeceive a full reboot. So long Ash, you bland, immortal failure.
    So are they actually gonna let Ash win a League, or is he gonna go out on a "perfect" 0-7 record?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Shield Hero is getting two more seasons. Hell yeah!
    i keep meaning to read shield hero. always forget to.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    I’ll probably read it at some point.

I would like for Wortenia Senki to get an adaptation.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, after twenty-two years, the Pokemon anime is finally going to reeceive a full reboot. So long Ash, you bland, immortal failure.
    1. no Reboot has been announced

2. Ash Ketchum is awesome
    Don't bother, it's a complete garbage fire. The writing is sexist trash, The setting has no thought put into it whatsoever The characters are bland stereotypes at best, and the MC is a completely detestable person.

They try to go for an "Good guy forced into moral extremes because of mistreatment" but it fails because

- One of the key conceit's is that the Main character finds himself in a "Shield" Class that is considered worthless in-universe because it had no way to deal damage, with is stupid because it's completely ignorant of the concept of Tanking, and also because the show goes out of it's what to have the main character unlock OP upgrades every five minutes with no effort

- The MC was already an ******* before he was mistreated, and the subsequent fall is so rapid that it feels like he was always that bad.

-The mistreatment has no perceivable motivation and as a result it feels like an MRA conspiracy theory

- The show refuses to ever let the MC be in the wrong no matter how vile his actions are.

To give you an example, in the 3rd or foruth episode, where expected to believe that one of the other characters is a douchebag for trying to free the main character's slave. Said other character is even told "If you really cared, you would own a slave too". That's actual dialogue.

On the topic of the main character's slave, she is a child. She has a slave brand that shocks her whenever she disobeys him, and he uses this to force her into life or death battles for his benefit. The behaviour is presented as though he's helping her mature. And she's one of the MCs love interests (One of because it is, of course, a harem show). These two are depicted as being in a worse relationship than Harley Quinn and the Joker, and the audience is told that it is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

2. Ash Ketchum is awesome.
    Hey if you count the movies I'm pretty sure he's repeatedly saved the world. Respect.

Also he lifts.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Hey if you count the movies I'm pretty sure he's repeatedly saved the world. Respect.

Also he lifts.
    Yep.

There's a very good fanfic I follow called Ashes of the Past that puts a light on how badass Ash really is

Yep.

There's a very good fanfic I follow called Ashes of the Past that puts a light on how badass Ash really is
    That Ash is pretty much an AU. Not that I haven't read and enjoyed it, but that Ash is far more intelligent and skilled than canon Ash is.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

2. Ash Ketchum is awesome

Don't bother, it's a complete garbage fire. The writing is sexist trash, The setting has no thought put into it whatsoever The characters are bland stereotypes at best, and the MC is a completely detestable person.

They try to go for an "Good guy forced into moral extremes because of mistreatment" but it fails because

- One of the key conceit's is that the Main character finds himself in a "Shield" Class that is considered worthless in-universe because it had no way to deal damage, with is stupid because it's completely ignorant of the concept of Tanking, and also because the show goes out of it's what to have the main character unlock OP upgrades every five minutes with no effort

- The MC was already an ******* before he was mistreated, and the subsequent fall is so rapid that it feels like he was always that bad.

-The mistreatment has no perceivable motivation and as a result it feels like an MRA conspiracy theory

- The show refuses to ever let the MC be in the wrong no matter how vile his actions are.

To give you an example, in the 3rd or foruth episode, where expected to believe that one of the other characters is a douchebag for trying to free the main character's slave. Said other character is even told "If you really cared, you would own a slave too". That's actual dialogue.

On the topic of the main character's slave, she is a child. She has a slave brand that shocks her whenever she disobeys him, and he uses this to force her into life or death battles for his benefit. The behaviour is presented as though he's helping her mature. And she's one of the MCs love interests (One of because it is, of course, a harem show). These two are depicted as being in a worse relationship than Harley Quinn and the Joker, and the audience is told that it is good.
    i've heard all about it from various youtubers. still plan to read it. and honestly, this stuff doesn't bother me. i've read worse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    That Ash is pretty much an AU. Not that I haven't read and enjoyed it, but that Ash is far more intelligent and skilled than canon Ash is.
    that;s normally how he is almost always written in fanfics. at least the ones i've read.

BANNED

i've heard all about it from various youtubers. still plan to read it. and honestly, this stuff doesn't bother me. i've read worse.
    It's okay.

Take away the non-troversey and it's a middle of the road fantasy show that has some pretty cool moments. Give it a look if you don't have anything better to watch/read.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    So are they actually gonna let Ash win a League, or is he gonna go out on a "perfect" 0-7 record?
    Would be nice since his win/loss ratio in Leagues is abysmal. I mean, saving the world is great and admirable, but it's not what he set out to be or his primary goal in life, in which he's failed miserably. If he did give up on becoming a Pokemon Master and just went around strengthening his pokemon and helping the community, I'd be content with it.

Also, here's one of the articles where the news of the reboot dropped.

Yeah, it's best to judge for yourself than hearsay. The slavery premise bothered me at first until I got further into the series. However, I can confirm with certainty that it isn't some incel garbage like Arifureta.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 09-01-2019 at 08:00 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator