Page 634 of 2458 FirstFirst ... 13453458462463063163263363463563663763864468473411341634 ... LastLast
Results 9,496 to 9,510 of 36869

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Parliament update: Today, Joe Johnson (Boris’ own brother) quit as an MP and as a minister in Boris’ government because he couldn’t reconcile family loyalty and the nation’s interests, and was deeply troubled by all the MPs that were ejected from the Conservative Party just for voting against Boris.

You couldn’t make this stuff up.
    Ay.

How come you guys are copying the US.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ay.

How come you guys are copying the US.
    They're still doing better than us, since they have a couple of dozen politicians willing to put the country before their party.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    They're still doing better than us, since they have a couple of dozen politicians willing to put the country before their party.
    Haha. Aww.

Now I'm sad.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Time To Float.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Time To Float.

Time To Float.
    On that note, I still can't reconcile if Pennywise is actually female or male. Sure, Bill's wife claimed that IT's true gender was female after seeing its Deadlights, but Maturin claimed that Pennywise was his "brother". Eh.(shrugs)
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    On that note, I still can't reconcile if Pennywise is actually female or male. Sure, Bill's wife claimed that IT's true gender was female after seeing its Deadlights, but Maturin claimed that Pennywise was his "brother". Eh.(shrugs)
    Isn't that claim by Maturin sort of refuted in the Dark Towers series?

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Penny's a shapeshifting cosmic horror. Gender is irrelevant to IT. IT could easily change ITs gender to produce babies if IT felt like it.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

An RPG Fairy Tail game.

I'm intrigued.

As long as I get to eat fire for days/weeks.

Arx Inosaan

i wonder if the nakama power up is something you can grind for.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Isn't that claim by Maturin sort of refuted in the Dark Towers series?
    Was it? I can't remember, to be honest.

Penny's a shapeshifting cosmic horror. Gender is irrelevant to IT. IT could easily change ITs gender to produce babies if IT felt like it.
    Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As long as I get to eat fire for days/weeks.
    What have I told you about sharing the same thread as me? (skewers Cthulhu in the forehead)
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i wonder if the nakama power up is something you can grind for.
    What I'm wondering. Are they gonna have the infamous nakama power-up in the game as something you can add to your character to make them able to win despite everything saying they shouldn't?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    What I'm wondering. Are they gonna have the infamous nakama power-up in the game as something you can add to your character to make them able to win despite everything saying they shouldn't?
    Well, that was a thing in Final Fantasy V, which I've been playing through recently. There's a point in the game where X-Death tricks your party, effortlessly one shots the team in cutscene and pins them down using the power of the crystals that hold the world together.

Galuf's granddaughter shows up and tries to interfere and gets thrown into a circle of contracting flames got her trouble. To protect her; Galuf gets up, forces his way through the torrent of energy holding him in place, exerting so much force doing so that the magical world-supporting crystal overloads and shatters. He then dives through the circle of flame spells, chucks his granddaughter to safety and takes the hit when they explode on him but he's still upright.

He then faces down against X-Death alone and, when you do the fight in game, even if your health reaches zero, he just keeps going. X-Death hits him with all the most powerful spells in the game in sequence and he still won't go down and Galuf beats him down and drives him back.

Then, and only then, he dies.

Moments like that, which make no sense even in terms of game mechanics are really fun to do even if it's very scripted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Well, that was a thing in Final Fantasy V, which I've been playing through recently. There's a point in the game where X-Death tricks your party, effortlessly one shots the team in cutscene and pins them down using the power of the crystals that hold the world together.

Galuf's granddaughter shows up and tries to interfere and gets thrown into a circle of contracting flames got her trouble. To protect her; Galuf gets up, forces his way through the torrent of energy holding him in place, exerting so much force doing so that the magical world-supporting crystal overloads and shatters. He then dives through the circle of flame spells, chucks his granddaughter to safety and takes the hit when they explode on him but he's still upright.

He then faces down against X-Death alone and, when you do the fight in game, even if your health reaches zero, he just keeps going. X-Death hits him with all the most powerful spells in the game in sequence and he still won't go down and Galuf beats him down and drives him back.

Then, and only then, he dies.

Moments like that, which make no sense even in terms of game mechanics are really fun to do even if it's very scripted.
    but nik, that's only slightly impossible.

FT nakama power-up is COMPLETELY impossible.