Page 663 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 16356361365365966066166266366466566666767371376311631663 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,945 of 36885
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

one of my more quirky profiles.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Uh.

Is lying to the Queen, like ... Treason ?
    I should highlight that Johnson's request to the Queen was deemed "unlawful" rather than "illegal".

He and his cabinet, haven't committed a crime exactly. This is more the equivalent of asking a machine to do a thing it's not programmed to do rather than hacking the system if you will.

The computer [the law as reasoned by the Supreme Court] says no [dems the action unlawful] and all action taken in accordance with that invalid command functionally never happened.

Johnson got the legal equivalent of the Omega Effect right to his prorogation.

The statement by the chief justice on the SC made it very clear that he will comply or there would be stronger consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    ... hasn't Boris only been PM for like, ten minutes ?
    Boris Johnson became PM on July 23, 2019, which makes it two months. If he makes it to three months, I'll be surprised.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I should highlight that Johnson's request to the Queen was deemed "unlawful" rather than "illegal".

He and his cabinet, haven't committed a crime exactly. This is more the equivalent of asking a machine to do a thing it's not programmed to do rather than hacking the system if you will.

The computer [the law as reasoned by the Supreme Court] says no [dems the action unlawful] and all action taken in accordance with that invalid command functionally never happened.

The statement by the chief justice on the SC made it very clear that he will comply or there would be stronger consequences.
    Hilarious.

Everyone is going through political turmoil right now. *sighs* Canadian Federal Election right around the corner...this one is already a mess.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Okaaay. That... exists... for some reason.

I really want to see the pitch meeting for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Relatively independent judiciaries will tend to take the least restrictive route possible to preserve legality when interfering with other branches of government.

Read about this last night and had a good laugh. Boris Johnson overplayed his hand by quite a bit, and the courts don't really care about clown acts.

Extraordinary Member

Seven Deadly Sins: Cool, Escanor extends his limits. But I'm worried that it's not going to be without consequences. But first up we'll get to his backstory chapter.

Fairy Tail: Erza uses her various cosplay armors, including the Seduction armor, to override Jellal's brainwashing into wanting to fool around with her and beat up anybody that gets in the way of that. Then we're further teased with a Jellal vs. Laxus situation before it's interrupted again. The Diabolos guild has appeared to further complicate things.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Hilarious.

Everyone is going through political turmoil right now. *sighs* Canadian Federal Election right around the corner...this one is already a mess.
    Speaking of...The die has been cast.

The Cheeto is getting formally impeached

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Seven Deadly Sins: Cool, Escanor extends his limits. But I'm worried that it's not going to be without consequences. But first up we'll get to his backstory chapter.
    God damn, that was manly.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Speaking of...The die has been cast.

The Cheeto is getting formally impeached
    Saw that. O_o Let's see how far it gets.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

It's not the House of Representatives that needs to be convinced, it's the voters, and maybe some Republicans in the Senate. It's going to be hard since the DOJ is now Trump's personal Law Firm, one being paid for by the Taxpayers.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Based on what launched the inquiry, it definitely has traction.

Trump essentially leveraged his position for personal gain, by withdrawing something like $400 million in military aid (in mid-July) from Ukraine; only to call Volodymyr Zelensky a week later to put pressure on him to get dirt on Joe Biden's son.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan