Page 665 of 2452 FirstFirst ... 16556561565566166266366466566666766866967571576511651665 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,975 of 36771
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Oh, he's completely ruined overseas/border relations.

What's even more depressing however, is the people that still believe he's the second coming. I deal with them every single day; and every single day I can't help but wonder how people can be so ... ignorant. Especially when the people who support the man (and I deal with) rely on Medicare/Medicaid.
    my take? trump ran on a campaign of fear, bigotry and xenophobia, which appealed to a ton of closet racist who saw this as a "ok" to be very open about it. there are many other opinions on this matter but that's just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It's really going to be hard for country leaders (and other countries in general) to just 'trust' the US again after this. Even if some new leader gets elected who runs around trying to get the US back to where it was internationally, how are people to trust that 'another' Trump won't just get elected again? Especially with the current massive political divide in the US?

I admit, one of the most baffling things is the fact that some people feel God sent Trump to save His favorite country.

..I imagine the same people feel that they have a 'God-Given' right to carry guns.
    which is ironic because those same people saw obama as the anti-christ.

tells you how screwed up modern day "christians" are in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    my take? trump ran on a campaign of fear, bigotry and xenophobia, which appealed to a ton of closet racist who saw this as a "ok" to be very open about it. there are many other opinions on this matter but that's just mine.
    Nah, I pretty much said that myself a bit after this one.

which is ironic because those same people saw obama as the anti-christ.

tells you how screwed up modern day "christians" are in this country.
    I distrust Lemurs. They're obviously plotting something.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 09-25-2019 at 01:51 PM. Reason: More PC I guess. Nobody
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Whoa, I mean it’s not my thing, but I don’t think we should start criticising Christianity.

Certain types of Christians, maybe. But not the whole religion. At least, not here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Whoa, I mean it’s not my thing, but I don’t think we should start criticising Christianity.

Certain types of Christians, maybe. But not the whole religion. At least, not here.
    Nah, Christians themselves are generally decent. I'll remove the comments about the book.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Nah, I pretty much said that myself a bit after this one.

I mean, without launching off on a rant about it. The book that Christians read and draw their worldview is pretty bad. Not completely bad, there are a few decent things in there ... a few.
    i got nothing against christians. it's the ones who call themselves "christians" who i have issue with. when i became a buddhist, i had two very different reactions from people who identify as Christians.

one was one of those types who give out pamphlets on the street and is all in your face about it. when i told him, he said, with a smile on his face, that i was worshipping a false god and that i would have to worship jesus or burn in hell.

the other was a guy i worked with named shawn. when i told him, he said "that's great. tell me more about it". he didn't judge me or condemn me. he just wanted to know more about it. and we've had long conversations about religion, spirituality, and improving one's life.

i hold shawn up as one of the few true christians who walks the walk and makes people around him better.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

I should also clarify that what one believes is fine provided it isn't harmful, and provided that it's not being forced upon others. Which ... well, y'know. I live in the US so.

Arx Inosaan

Well. The Path to Hell (or at the very least 'being held accountable for one's horrific actions') is paved with good intention, surely.
    Absolutely. Blue and orange morality inherently means some will find the actions of a person possessed of that morality condemnable. The precise nature of my disagreement with what you did, on the other hand, comes with a frustration I would prefer not to dredge up.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i got nothing against christians. it's the ones who call themselves "christians" who i have issue with. when i became a buddhist, i had two very different reactions from people who identify as Christians.

one was one of those types who give out pamphlets on the street and is all in your face about it. when i told him, he said, with a smile on his face, that i was worshipping a false god and that i would have to worship jesus or burn in hell.

the other was a guy i worked with named shawn. when i told him, he said "that's great. tell me more about it". he didn't judge me or condemn me. he just wanted to know more about it. and we've had long conversations about religion, spirituality, and improving one's life.

i hold shawn up as one of the few true christians who walks the walk and makes people around him better.
    Shawn sounds pretty awesome. I'm Christian myself and I have no problems with other religions or atheists for that matter. As long as you're a decent human being to others, that's all that matters to me.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Absolutely. Blue and orange morality inherently means some will find the actions of a person possessed of that morality condemnable. The precise nature of my disagreement with what you did, on the other hand, comes with a frustration I would prefer not to dredge up.
    Which isn't an excuse for 'aberrant' behavior that impacts the well-being of individuals in a society or the society as a whole. Which was essentially where we disagreed.

It's also why "everything is an ass pull" is rather reductive. Morality, and how a society comes to an agreement on what is and isn't moral, is a very complex thing.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Shawn sounds pretty awesome. I'm Christian myself and I have no problems with other religions or atheists for that matter. As long as you're a decent human being to others, that's all that matters to me.
    Unless you've got tentacles, you forgot to add.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    shawn was the man. dude was always smiling and doing good work. always thinking positive. and even when i messed up at work, he never got mad at me.

plus, he knew the bible like the back of his hand. had the whole thing memorized. and he was always quick to call out "christians" when they are acting out of pocket.

not bad for a reformed pimp.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...If such a guy told my Dad he's gonna burn for being a Buddhist...He's gonna start hurting.

...In his 70s and being Southeast Asian is surprisingly scary.

BANNED

On the topic of the christianity. Isn't the concept of Hell as a place of eternal suffering and torture an invention of Dante's Inferno, while the actual Bible dosn't elaborate on it much beyond not being with God?

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    On the topic of the christianity. Isn't the concept of Hell as a place of eternal suffering and torture an invention of Dante's Inferno, while the actual Bible dosn't elaborate on it much beyond not being with God?
    There are a lot of popular teachings in Christianity that are nowhere to be found in the Bible. Hell is one of them.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    There are a lot of popular teachings in Christianity that are nowhere to be found in the Bible. Hell is one of them.
    yep and "dante's inferno" was basically a eminem diss track against the pope and all the people who screwed him over.