Page 677 of 2458 FirstFirst ... 17757762766767367467567667767867968068168772777711771677 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,155 of 36868
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Seriously? I guess this is a start. Better than them not prosecuting her at all, like they do a lot of racist cops.
    i knwo but...........sigh. with cases like this, i always think, "that could be me". and it makes me mad and sad to see something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    yep. and according to my mom, with good behavior, she could be out in 5.

sigh.
    The prosecutor won over the jury, but sentencing was always going to be light given the judge, who told the jury they could apply castle doctrine to the defendant.

Castle doctrine, like it or not, is about protecting a property owners' rights by allowing one to use lethal force to defend themselves without a duty to retreat if reasonably possible first. Allowing it as legal defense for a person who walked into the home of another and shot him dead boggles the mind. There is no mental element to whether you are in your home castle when considering castle doctrine.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

i knwo but...........sigh. with cases like this, i always think, "that could be me". and it makes me mad and sad to see something like that.
    Same, bro, same. I could say more, but I'll leave it at that.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

30 minutes away from the wednesday night war.

This arc of Abyss Rage has been great. Its been awesome learning about Kimijima's past and how he has so much freedom in the prison. I know that its not likely that he'll win this fight but I hope that the author throws a curve ball.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

30 minutes away from the wednesday night war.
    Which is kind of anti-climactic in the UK.

They’re not broadcasting AEW over here until 8am on Sunday(!) and because of the USA deal, NXT now doesn’t go onto the WWE Network until Thursday night / Friday morning. So the ‘Wednesday Night War’ for us is the ‘Friday & Sunday Mornings Phoney War’.

They’ve even pushed back uploading NXT UK by a day as well, and that’s not even part of the USA deal! It’s just because... muffins.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Which is kind of anti-climactic in the UK.

They’re not broadcasting AEW over here until 8am on Sunday(!) and because of the USA deal, NXT now doesn’t go onto the WWE Network until Thursday night / Friday morning. So the ‘Wednesday Night War’ for us is the ‘Friday & Sunday Mornings Phoney War’.

They’ve even pushed back uploading NXT UK by a day as well, and that’s not even part of the USA deal! It’s just because... muffins.
    They have actualy changed he schedule, the full show for AEW will be avalable on ITV hub from 7pm on the thursday after and will air on ITV4 at 11:30 on the friday

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

she got ten years.

ten years for murdering a man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    You talking about the police officer who murdered a guy in his own home?
    yep. and according to my mom, with good behavior, she could be out in 5.

sigh.
    I gotta say, I'm amazed she actually got that much. It doesn't mean it's right, I just...sadly...expected her to get less, given how things have proceeded in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    The prosecutor won over the jury, but sentencing was always going to be light given the judge, who told the jury they could apply castle doctrine to the defendant.

Castle doctrine, like it or not, is about protecting a property owners' rights by allowing one to use lethal force to defend themselves without a duty to retreat if reasonably possible first. Allowing it as legal defense for a person who walked into the home of another and shot him dead boggles the mind. There is no mental element to whether you are in your home castle when considering castle doctrine.
    That it was trotted out as a defense sickens me. I mean, I don't like Castle and Stand-Your-Ground anyway, but here? That's just...wow, let's twist the law even more.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

...I'm seriously considering switching over to PS from Xbox with my next console purchase. The games on Xbox do not inspire me, and the few that do are multi-platform.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...I'm seriously considering switching over to PS from Xbox with my next console purchase. The games on Xbox do not inspire me, and the few that do are multi-platform.
    That's generally my reason for sticking with Playstation. They just have more exclusives I'm interested in, and a lot of other cool looking games are, as you say, multi-platform.

Extraordinary Member

I'm currently watching the final season of Jessica Jones (I'm way behind on Netflix stuff) and I'm REALLY enjoying it. Probably my favourite season so far of the series, which makes it somewhat bittersweet since I know it's the last one.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Allowing it as legal defense for a person who walked into the home of another and shot him dead boggles the mind. There is no mental element to whether you are in your home castle when considering castle doctrine.
    No, no... You're thinking of Castle DEFENSE Doctrine. This is Castle ASSAULT Doctrine.

Feudal Nobles were TOTALLY Allowed to shoot other Nobles and/or guards, peasants, and other folk they didn't like when they were attacking someone else's castle. I mean they had to use crossbows, but same basic idea. The question is did she have a Cassi Belli? Because an Unjust War should get you a serious penalty to other Noble's opinion of you.

I MAY have been playing a bit too much Crusader Kings 2 lately...
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That's generally my reason for sticking with Playstation. They just have more exclusives I'm interested in, and a lot of other cool looking games are, as you say, multi-platform.
    Yeah...I'm leaning that way.

*sighs*

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm currently watching the final season of Jessica Jones (I'm way behind on Netflix stuff) and I'm REALLY enjoying it. Probably my favourite season so far of the series, which makes it somewhat bittersweet since I know it's the last one.
    Maaaan, JJ was my favourite out of all of the Netflix MCU stuff. Very different, very interesting stuff, and without the 'replace interesting villain with blah' issues that plagued the other shows.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Maaaan, JJ was my favourite out of all of the Netflix MCU stuff. Very different, very interesting stuff, and without the 'replace interesting villain with blah' issues that plagued the other shows.
    I'd say that Daredevil was good with its villains in season 1 and 3, MCU Kingpin and Bullseye are great and I'm so sad that we won't get more of them.

But yeah, season 3 of JJ has done a great job so far with simple but terrifying villain, and it's given the entire cast interesting arcs that are largely their own but weave together nicely. I'm especially happy with how they handled Jessica and Trish's relationship this season.