Page 68 of 2467 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172781181685681068 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 36998

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Didn't look all that great in the still images, but I think it looks pretty nice in motion.

<clip>
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I've tried this, but never got very far.

I'm the kind of guy who will simple art and consistently good animation quality over detailed art with bad animation quality, I'm afraid.

I'm sorry but while Filmation He-Man/She-Ra may have had detailed art, the way they were animated was awful even for the time, in my opinion.

Just felt like I owed you an explanation as to why.
    Oh, I wasn’t hating you for not liking the original.

Just for being too young to have seen it first time round. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i was born early enough to enjoy he-man and she-ra.

and now i look back at the old eps and just laugh.
    See this...? ^

This I can get behind.

Age and wisdom as well as discernment and taste.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Just judging by that thumbnail, She-Ra looks very anime...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I got into He-man and She-ra as a kid but that was mostly because my family got me a bunch of the books and the toys. I never actually watched the cartoons.

New She-ra looks super cool. I am very on board.
    I’m really not keen on this. I’ve never been a fan of anime-style art and animation, and this also looks like She-Ra herself has a really flat and lifeless palette. Plus she looks about 12, but... bleh... anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    To me she looks kind of awkward, a bit dorky. The original series was 'eh', but the artwork was pretty good.
    I’d agree with that.

Shall we sit on the porch in rocking chairs and yell at the younguns to git off our lawn, Tami?

BANNED

She-Ra was pretty much a magical girl anyway so I think the anime style kind of suits her.

She-Ra was pretty much a magical girl anyway so I think the anime style kind of suits her.
    The Original She-Ra was I believe, in her late teens - age 17-19. This version does make her look like she is a Pre-teen, 9-12. It's like the difference between Teen Titans, and Teen Titans Go.

And like Beadle said, the palette is flat, notice how the New She-Ra's cape doesn't have shadows to define it?

I don't mind bring her age down, or making her 'less sexy', more 'tom boyish'. I just think they could have invested more time in her post-transformation design.

Fan artists discuss why the wave of She-Ra fan art is subversive and uplifting
    Last edited by Tami; 09-11-2018 at 05:20 AM.

The Original She-Ra was I believe, in her late teens - age 17-19. This version does make her look like she is a Pre-teen, 9-12. It's like the difference between Teen Titans, and Teen Titans Go.

And like Beadle said, the palette is flat, notice how the New She-Ra's cape doesn't have shadows to define it?

I don't mind bring her age down, or making her 'less sexy', more 'tom boyish'. I just think they could have invested more time in her post-transformation design.

The art style is simpler in the way Steven Universe's or Kim Possible's art style is simple. This makes it easier for the animators to show smooth movement. Of course it's fine not to like an art style, just pointing out that your criticism sounds more directed at art style rather than design. Or is the costume/body itself something you have issue with?

While I do suspect a lack of shadows overall, it makes sense to me that there are no shadows in that picture. New She-Ra herself is glowing, as opposed to Old She-Ra who had light behind her.

If there is anyone here in the path of Hurricane Florence, stay safe. Don't take any chances and do what you have to do to protect yourself and your families.

BANNED

I'm pretty sure that promo image is an an unfinished cell considering that the clip show had more detailed lighting and shading and the characters in all the other images had lighting and shading that reflects their environments. Plus her hair is drawn differently.

I preferred She-Man, and He-Ra.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Get wrecked Cinder.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I preferred She-Man, and He-Ra.
    It's pronounced SheZow, actually.