Page 680 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 18058063067067667767867968068168268368469073078011801680 ... LastLast
Results 10,186 to 10,200 of 36885

I have literally no idea. I’m not even reading the series. Just seen bits of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I have literally no idea. I’m not even reading the series. Just seen bits of it.
    I'm going to stick with Moon Knight I think. Guy is crazy, but at least it's fun.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'm going to stick with Moon Knight I think. Guy is crazy, but at least it's fun.
    I really can’t wait until we see what the screen version of Spector looks like.

They’d better not bottle it. If they go full-on, batshit, Bushman-face-wearing Marc, it should be a whole lot of fun.

I really can’t wait until we see what the screen version of Spector looks like.

They’d better not bottle it. If they go full-on, batshit, Bushman-face-wearing Marc, it should be a whole lot of fun.
    Dude we can only hope that they do that.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

basic breakdown of "house of X"

turns out moira mcctaggert, long time friend and ally of the xmen, is a mutant with the power of reincarnation. anytime she dies, she is sent back into to when she was a newborn with full memories of her life. at first, she didn't really want anything to do with charles or mutants in general but after a talk with destiny, she decided to try to do something for mutants. first she teamed with charles. then she teamed with magneto. then with apoclypse. but each time, mutants got fucked over.

so in her latest life, she let a young charles read her mind and gain all of her experience from all of her lives. this gave charles a idea: create a nation of mutants. but not like genosha or any other gathering. it would be an officially recognized nation by the UN and based on the island mutant of krakoa. charles then begins to recruit all the other mutants he's been beefing with for years to make this dream real. there was a insane level of prep involved in this but once everything was ready, he made an announcement to the world that he is done playing by humanity's rules. in exchange for their soverity, krakoa would give them some wonder drugs that can extend human's natural life span and a cure for almost every major alliement known to man, including alzihimer's and cancer. charles said that before, they would've given these drugs to humans for free. now? they just have to pay for it.

after that, charles extended a invite to all mutants. and they answered: apoclypse, the acolytes, mr. sinister, the morlocks, the hellfire club.

the situation with creed was that he, mystique and toad were on a covert mission for krakoa. mags told creed not to kill people. and then he killed people. the fantastic four caught him but cyclops appeared and told them that creed, as evil as he is, is a citizen of krakoa and thus not subject to human laws. he said that they would come for him soon and extented a invite for franklin to join his people. thanks to emma and the coocoos, creed was released into their custody. the ruling council of krakoa deemed creed too dangerous to just let him go and damn hard to kill him. so they "exilled" him. krakoa opened up the ground and buried him alive under the island. he would be alive and awake but he would just be trapped, alone, with no way out.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Ha!

Cassus belli is bullshit 99% of the time anyway. Countries want a war for one reason or another and look for a way to talk of themselves as the good guys. It's war. By the end, nobody's hands will be clean.

I have a few friends who love those games.
    Psh. If I could have gotten away with "I want your stuff and you don't have a big enough army to stop me" it would make that game a LOT easier. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! All your vassals and the other rulers get all pissy if you start any "unjust" wars. *rolleyes*
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    basic breakdown of "house of X"

turns out moira mcctaggert, long time friend and ally of the xmen, is a mutant with the power of reincarnation. anytime she dies, she is sent back into to when she was a newborn with full memories of her life. at first, she didn't really want anything to do with charles or mutants in general but after a talk with destiny, she decided to try to do something for mutants. first she teamed with charles. then she teamed with magneto. then with apoclypse. but each time, mutants got fucked over.

so in her latest life, she let a young charles read her mind and gain all of her experience from all of her lives. this gave charles a idea: create a nation of mutants. but not like genosha or any other gathering. it would be an officially recognized nation by the UN and based on the island mutant of krakoa. charles then begins to recruit all the other mutants he's been beefing with for years to make this dream real. there was a insane level of prep involved in this but once everything was ready, he made an announcement to the world that he is done playing by humanity's rules. in exchange for their soverity, krakoa would give them some wonder drugs that can extend human's natural life span and a cure for almost every major alliement known to man, including alzihimer's and cancer. charles said that before, they would've given these drugs to humans for free. now? they just have to pay for it.

after that, charles extended a invite to all mutants. and they answered: apoclypse, the acolytes, mr. sinister, the morlocks, the hellfire club.

the situation with creed was that he, mystique and toad were on a covert mission for krakoa. mags told creed not to kill people. and then he killed people. the fantastic four caught him but cyclops appeared and told them that creed, as evil as he is, is a citizen of krakoa and thus not subject to human laws. he said that they would come for him soon and extented a invite for franklin to join his people. thanks to emma and the coocoos, creed was released into their custody. the ruling council of krakoa deemed creed too dangerous to just let him go and damn hard to kill him. so they "exilled" him. krakoa opened up the ground and buried him alive under the island. he would be alive and awake but he would just be trapped, alone, with no way out.
    I mean "too hard to kill" ?

Hardly. Any number of mutants could, lol
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I mean "too hard to kill" ?

Hardly. Any number of mutants could, lol
    i should word that as "hard to kill and keep down".

but the council deemed that just straight up killing him would bring up issues.

i should word that as "hard to kill and keep down".

but the council deemed that just straight up killing him would bring up issues.

Yea but killing all humans eventually is gucci

Arx Inosaan

first 3 laws of krakoa:
    1: no mutant shall kill a human.
    2: krakoa is not property or should be treated as such.
    3: and this was brought by kurt of all people...................EVERYBODY START BANGIN'!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I didn't really mind Diamondback. The only thing that annoyed me about him was that he replaced the brilliant Cottonmouth.

Also, fun fact: The actress who played Black Mariah in Like Cage also played the mother who accosted Tony in Civil War.
    And now Cottonmouth is Blade
    nope. just had krakoa bury him alive under the island until he learns to play nice.

and since this is creed we talking about, he aint getting out..........ever.
    Rumor has it the Creed thing is a set up for a new Exiles book

They don't want to do that any more.

In House of X's companion book, Powers of X, it's revealed that the conflict isn't Humans vs. Mutants. It's Machines vs. Mutants, to see what replaces Humankind eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

In House of X's companion book, Powers of X, it's revealed that the conflict isn't Humans vs. Mutants. It's Machines vs. Mutants, to see what replaces Humankind eventually.
    yep. moira did the whole "let's kill all humans" thing and it didn't work out for anyone with meaty bits.

it's the machines, specifially nimrod, that they need to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Which will be incredible.

Really? Sweet. Although this really isn’t the Sabretooth that Clarice knows.

So where does that leave Warlock? And Danger. And Omega Sentinel.

I assume this conflict is all Nimrod/Bastion/Sentinels-centric?

Because if what you say is the case, with the X-Men on the same side as Sebastian Shaw for a change, Donald Pierce and the Reavers would be an obvious enemy.

As would a resurrected Cameron Hodge.

Extraordinary Member

Warlock is currently Doug Ramsay's arm, and they seem to be on good terms. Also we get some lore revelations about his species and the Phalanx, cause Hickman loves his charts

Nimrod is a major player in the future segments of Powers of X*

The Sentinels are destined to always show up no matter the timeline

The Omega Sentinel is being brainwashed by her tech and will be a villain in the future segments.

* Powers of X is a story set in 4 time periods: Year X1, the founding of the X-Men. Year X2, 10 years after the founding of the X-Men and the current. Year X3, 100 years into the Future when the War between Mutants and Machines is looking dicey for the Mutants. Year X4, 1000 years into the Future where Mutants and Machines have merged together

Which will be incredible.

Really? Sweet. Although this really isn’t the Sabretooth that Clarice knows.

Because if what you say is the case, with the X-Men on the same side as Sebastian Shaw for a change, Donald Pierce and the Reavers would be an obvious enemy.

As would a resurrected Cameron Hodge.
    so far, the main point is nimrod. thankfully, in moira's last life, she was able to learn the date or thereabouts of when nimrod will be created. so right now, they are just getting krakoa off the ground and running. they have over 100 nations signing trade deals with them. the UN has recongized them as a nation. sinister's gene bank is up and running since they now have the power to bring back any mutant who is killed.

they know the fight is coming and they want to be established before the fight comes.