Page 707 of 2461 FirstFirst ... 20760765769770370470570670770870971071171775780712071707 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,605 of 36907

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing that movie.

I'm 66 pages into this year's Christmas story, and behind my schedule. My recent field trip wreaked havoc with my time.

Anima players, don't know if anyone has posted, but I'll have a look tonight or tomorrow.
    And I am looking forward to your thoughts on this movie!

Try as I might, I don't feel much for Genevieve to do at present during the latest post, so I'll wait till the next thing happens.

Anyone remember the video game Dead to Rights?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I’ll be honest, I haven’t. What with my dad and also quitting my job, I’m a bit out of it. The funeral is next week (yup, it’s a long time after), so I should be able to start getting back into stuff after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Wait ... Quit your job ?
    Yeah, I’m starting a new job shortly. Timing wasn’t perfect, I’ll be honest.
    This is understandable, Beadle. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    And I am looking forward to your thoughts on this movie!

Try as I might, I don't feel much for Genevieve to do at present during the latest post, so I'll wait till the next thing happens.
    Well, an issue is that without anyone posting, the GM isn't going to just sit and post alone. I'll check and see if there's something to which I can respond - there might be, I was away for more than a week thanks to my field sampling.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Okay, general election should be on for December.

Here we go, here we bloody well go!

And UK residents reading this, get registered to vote if you need to.

DO IT RIGHT NOW

Can Brexit be negated, though?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Can Brexit be negated, though?
    Straight up? No, not possible. The only route for that would be if the Liberal Democrats (centrist party running on a platform of revocation) swept the election completely which is, barring full on acts of god, impossible.

The best case scenario is as follows.

- Tories (right wing, pro Brexit) do not win and, more crucially, do not have the numbers to form an alliance with the Brexit Party (far right, pro no deal and generally insane).
    - Labour (left wing, pro second referendum) get enough votes that they can form a coalition with the SNP (Scottish nationalists, anti-Brexit), Plaid Cymru (Welsh nationalists, pro second referendum) and the Lib Dems. Maybe the Greens (far left, pro second referendum).
    - That coalition would then give us a second referendum and then we see what happens.

That's the best case at the moment. The margins are very thin and, honestly no one knows what's going to happen. We don't usually have elections in the winter, political alienation and confusion have never been higher but people have also not been this politically engaged for a long time.

This is, very much, a roll of the dice but it's our best bet at the moment.

Ugh. Sounds nasty.

Still cannot believe Britain is leaving the EU, but that's the world we live in now.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Straight up? No, not possible. The only route for that would be if the Liberal Democrats (centrist party running on a platform of revocation) swept the election completely which is, barring full on acts of god, impossible.

The best case scenario is as follows.

- Tories (right wing, pro Brexit) do not win and, more crucially, do not have the numbers to form an alliance with the Brexit Party (far right, pro no deal and generally insane).
    - Labour (left wing, pro second referendum) get enough votes that they can form a coalition with the SNP (Scottish nationalists, anti-Brexit), Plaid Cymru (Welsh nationalists, pro second referendum) and the Lib Dems. Maybe the Greens (far left, pro second referendum).
    - That coalition would then give us a second referendum and then we see what happens.

That's the best case at the moment. The margins are very thin and, honestly no one knows what's going to happen. We don't usually have elections in the winter, political alienation and confusion have never been higher but people have also not been this politically engaged for a long time.

This is, very much, a roll of the dice but it's our best bet at the moment.
    Of course, we all know the only way the SNP will back Labour is if Corbyn promises them another Scottish Independence Referendum during the next term.

So... ‘best case’ is a bit like “well, if I had to pick, I’d rather lose my left hand - I write with the other one”.

Ugh. Sounds nasty.

Still cannot believe Britain is leaving the EU, but that's the world we live in now.
    It ain't over yet. There is a path back, it's very steep and we've been incredibly and weirdly lucky to get this far with everything that's happened.

We still might not leave yet.

Of course, we all know the only way the SNP will back Labour is if Corbyn promises them another Scottish Independence Referendum during the next term.

So... ‘best case’ is a bit like “well, if I had to pick, I’d rather lose my left hand - I write with the other one”.
    Well, it might not even be Corbyn's decision. Rumblings are that the Lib Dems would only back Labour if Corbyn agrees to step down as leader which is... yeah very ugly from a democratic standpoint in my opinion.

Also, the live show from Parliament indicates that Labour might not back the election unless a specific amendment passes and it's being voted on right now.

Votes are in, Creasy Amendment passes, the UK is still on course for an election barring things getting highly irregular.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    The game where you are (or used to be) a K9 officer?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    had that game for the GC. loved the hell out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I'm getting some Bioshock vibes.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

my heart...........bawls.

legendary comedian and actor john witherspoon has left us at 77.