Page 734 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 23463468472473073173273373473573673773874478483412341734 ... LastLast
Results 10,996 to 11,010 of 36800
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

"now you can take ol' freddie fazbear and all his friends home with you. you'll be alone again."

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Well, caught up with Tokyo Manji Revengers and...Damn.

spoilers:
    Who knew taking every possible bad influence in Toman and strengthen the bonds of your friendships in the past...Resulted in the worst future where the guy you're trying to save from said bad influences killed literally everyone but you? O_o
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Well, caught up with Tokyo Manji Revengers and...Damn.

spoilers:
    Who knew taking every possible bad influence in Toman and strengthen the bonds of your friendships in the past...Resulted in the worst future where the guy you're trying to save from said bad influences killed literally everyone but you? O_o
    end of spoilers
    I mean, sounds pretty good to me.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Man, this is a pretty cool opening.

I really wish it was for an anime continuation instead of a mobile game.

Still, pretty cool.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

UK based people. Today is the deadline to register to vote. Every vote matters, democracy only really works if we all do it. Register to vote, it takes five minutes.

Do it.

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    UK based people. Today is the deadline to register to vote. Every vote matters, democracy only really works if we all do it. Register to vote, it takes five minutes.

Do it.
    Seconding the above. We need to get the Tories out hard

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Do it.
    Democracy only works if all the people who have educated themselves on the issues do it.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Democracy only works if all the people who have educated themselves on the issues do it.
    Actually that's not correct.

Strictly speaking, Democracy only requires that people have a vote and use it to function as an effective form of electoral representation. The system itself is not predicated on nor reliant on people being educated about the issues of the vote itself. Democracy is not really interested in the results of said democratic process, it's just that - a process.

I agree that people should engage with politics that effect them and educate themselves as completely as possible but democracy doesn't stop working just because people are uninformed.

Still works, you just get bad policies and representatives.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Seconding the above. We need to get the Tories out hard
    My calls for voter registration are always strictly non-partisan. Even if you don't agree with my politics, you should still vote.

But yes, I also feel it is very important that the Tories lose power imminently.

Swiss army nerd

My calls for voter registration are always strictly non-partisan. Even if you don't agree with my politics, you should still vote.

But yes, I also feel it is very important that the Tories lose power imminently.
    Yeah, that's fair, and entirely correct. My desire to see the Tories driven from power, nay, the entire UK, took hold a little strongly there

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

So, a year after scientists are telling us we need to get started on Climate Change in a Very Serious Way™ or we're going to bugger up the planet even worse than it will be if we actually meet our 'goals' (said goals only mitigating the damage, not at all preventing it), we are still basically doing f-all.

And, as they note, had we started back in 2010 when the serious call to action had been given (gawd, had we started back in the 1980's when all of this was discovered) we would not nearly need to do as much drastic crap immediately. And every year that passes? It'll need to be more drastic, approaching the 'impossible' threshold.

Hope nobody is planning on having children, because it's a **** world we're leaving them.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I agree that people should engage with politics that effect them and educate themselves as completely as possible but democracy doesn't stop working just because people are uninformed.

Still works, you just get bad policies and representatives.
    I meant "Democracy as a government system". If you get people that don't know what their doing voting, you get people who aren't going to do any proper governing elected.

Well, that or Partisan craziness. Either way, tends towards "not a functioning government".
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Yeah, that's fair, and entirely correct. My desire to see the Tories driven from power, nay, the entire UK, took hold a little strongly there
    I'm no fan of the Tories, but I would consider Firage gaining more power a worse scenario than them remaining in power. Those arn't the onlt two options mind you and the Tories remaining in power isn't a good thing, but I don't consider them doing so to be the worst case scenario.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 11-26-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    So, a year after scientists are telling us we need to get started on Climate Change in a Very Serious Way™ or we're going to bugger up the planet even worse than it will be if we actually meet our 'goals' (said goals only mitigating the damage, not at all preventing it), we are still basically doing f-all.

And, as they note, had we started back in 2010 when the serious call to action had been given (gawd, had we started back in the 1980's when all of this was discovered) we would not nearly need to do as much drastic crap immediately. And every year that passes? It'll need to be more drastic, approaching the 'impossible' threshold.

Hope nobody is planning on having children, because it's a **** world we're leaving them.
    I mean, that sounds like you saying that money is bad. Sounds like communist talk to me. /s

Sarcasm aside though, I feel that's a large part of the apathy and outright denial of Climate Change, the money to be made ... not at all trying to keep Earth from becoming the next Venus. So it's unlikely we'll ever see any worthwhile measures enacted until it's far too late for those measures to matter. Also, children are horrible, what with the crying and the boogers. I'll stick to cats, dogs, and lizards.

Maybe a Raccoon if I'm feeling adventurous.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan