Page 754 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 25465470474475075175275375475575675775876480485412541754 ... LastLast
Results 11,296 to 11,310 of 36892
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Happy birthday, Cleric!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

happy birthday, cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Heard it's not good.

So pretty much the film Star Wars fans deserve.
    i feel bad for jeremy. dude loves star wars and seeing him like this.............it breaks my heart.

Happy Birthday Cleric!

I got some new sparring gear. It feels pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I got some new sparring gear. It feels pretty good.
    So, what did you get?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Happy birthday, Cleric!

Heard it's not good.

So pretty much the film Star Wars fans deserve.
    Yeah, I'm not going to watch or read anything bout this film but I figure this might be the case...Like every Star Wars film I've seen in theaters since Episode I.

It's funny, I just know every single film will disappoint me but Star Wars does have that charm that makes me keep going no matter how much it hurts.

...Not sure what the most vocal fans (and I mean the more toxic ones that apparently spent their times being dicks...aka like 80 percent of fans on Quora) are expecting but I do understand why critics are not feeling it.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I'm only seeing it because my mom will be in town and she wants to go see it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    So, what did you get?
    I got some 16oz gloves and some shin guards from Fairtex. I like the way they feel.

I got some 16oz gloves and some shin guards from Fairtex. I like the way they feel.
    Shin guards?

Wow. Never had those. And boxing gloves, eh? I admit, I've never used boxing gloves while sparring (used light MMA ones). Lemme know how they work for you. ^_^
    Why are we here?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Yeah, I'm not going to watch or read anything bout this film but I figure this might be the case...Like every Star Wars film I've seen in theaters since Episode I.

It's funny, I just know every single film will disappoint me but Star Wars does have that charm that makes me keep going no matter how much it hurts.

...Not sure what the most vocal fans (and I mean the more toxic ones that apparently spent their times being dicks...aka like 80 percent of fans on Quora) are expecting but I do understand why critics are not feeling it.
    For me the problem is that while the prequals sucked, it didn't justify the decade long tempertantrum that the fans had over them and I just know it's going to be the same thing over again with the Disney trilogy. So I can't be bothered to put up with SW fans at this point.

I won't be going to see it and this might be petty and spiteful of me to say, but I'm kind of glad it sucks. After the way they have acted over the past 20 years, I just don't think the fans deserve a good film or a film they would like.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 12-18-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Neat, keep us updated, even if my gear does the job for now, I might consider those as well .

Also, on Daredevil:

spoilers:
    Nice to see that Matt's lower brain is functioning as usual, if you catch my drift /s.

On a more positive note, him having flash grenades is such a great and obvious idea, I wonder if someone considered it before, and if not, why it hasn't been done until now.
    end of spoilers

For me the problem is that while the prequals sucked, it didn't justify the decade long tempertantrum that the fans had over them and I just know it's going to be the same thing over again with the Disney trilogy. So I can't be bothered to put up with SW fans at this point.

I won't be going to see it and this might be petty and spiteful of me to say, but I'm kind of glad it sucks. After the way they have acted over the past 20 years, I just don't think the fans deserve a good film or a film they would like.
    Oh no probs. I tend to really stick it to some fans whenever they take my answers on Quora about Star Wars as me being a shill...Which I always find baffling.

Fan: How can she do all that?!

Me: ...You do know Anakin was introduced proper as Space Jesus who apparently is the only human being with reflexes to control a rocket car in a well known blood sport?

Fan: ....You're just defending Disney like the shill you are!

Me: Good grief.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Oh no probs. I tend to really stick it to some fans whenever they take my answers on Quora about Star Wars as me being a shill...Which I always find baffling.

Fan: How can she do all that?!

Me: ...You do know Anakin was introduced proper as Space Jesus who apparently is the only human being with reflexes to control a rocket car in a well known blood sport?

Fan: ....You're just defending Disney like the shill you are!

Me: Good grief.
    I will say Kylo was easily the best thing about the Disney trilogy, but I think elevating him to the status of main villain at the end of Last jedi was one of the biggest mistakes they made. He worked great as the rival character/enforcer of the big bad, but he's just not the kind of character who works as the big bad. So they wrote themselves into a corner there and had to bring back Palpatine to fill the role of big bad.

I still think Kylo's great though. On the bright side Disney can atleast be said to have done mostly good things with the franchise outside of the films.

over the last few years, i've come to appreciate the prequels. they have their flaws, (i'm a fan, but not a fanatic) but i enjoy the story they told.

i wasn't gonna see it anyway but seeing jj's review and how broken he seemed, that hurt. dude was such a pure fan of star wars and now, to quote him from the review: "i feel nothing".