Page 756 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 25665670674675275375475575675775875976076680685612561756 ... LastLast
Results 11,326 to 11,340 of 36875
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Ditto. I once answer this that his rant towards Obi-Wan and the Jedi for supposedly holding him back is less arrogance and that he's so utterly lost about what to do. He killed those people down to women and children...And he was fine with it. Problem here was that he was taught that was wrong, especially given that he has the power to manipulate the force. He failed his teachers and no matter how much he lashed out, he knew they had a point in some level. He hated the sand people enough to kill them but again knew that's wrong. The whole thing just leaves him understandably pissed and frustrated.

I'm pretty sure that's where Padme made her decision to be with Anakin after initially rejecting him. She saw him mainly as a Jedi early on only to realize he's so alone and just wasn't your average cookie cutter Jedi. He was a mental mess and needed emotional support.
    anakin was an emotional child in a order that taught emotional suppression.

it's telling that he did this with padme and not obi-wan. like he felt she was the only person who could understand his feelings and not judge him or belittle him for just having emotions.

which in turn lead him to the dark side more than people realize.

in ROTS, anakin defeats dooku and has him dead to rights. palps tells him to kill him but anakin initially refuses as it's not the jedi way. only after palps pushes him does he do the deed but he takes no pleasure in it. just some shame that he didn't follow the rules of the jedi.

fast forward to the fight with palps. mace has him dead to rights. anakin tells him not to kill him, both because he could help save padme and because it's not the jedi way. but then mace doesn't listen to him, insisting that he had to die. now from our point of view, mace was right. palps was far too powerful and influential to be taken alive. but from anakin's POV, it makes mace, and by extension the council, look like massive hypocrites. that they only follow the codes when it pleases them. and here was mace, the guy who never liked anakin to begin with and respesented everything anakin hated about the jedi, doing as he pleased. so pushed to his emotional limits, he did what he had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It's okay. Better than normal for a 'character loses all of their ability and needs to train up again', even with Elektra showing up (ugh, gag). Art is good, characterization is pretty solid, but Matt completely losing his ability to the point where he's getting rolled by complete normals is too much of an attempt to line the comic up with the Netflix stuff. Still, that didn't stick around TOO long. I hope.

And complicated stuff happening with Fisk, so that's nice as well.
    seconded.

i really like the fisk storyline. he's trying to put his past behind him and go legit but finding out that high society is worse than the criminal underworld.

I've never had shin guards. Some of the people where I sparred used them, but I just...well...admittedly, there were times when I wished I had them, but not DURING the spar, if you get my meaning. Like, after.

The next day.

When I used to spar, grappling was most certainly on the menu. Couldn't really do that with boxing stuff on.
    That sweet shin on shin.

It's okay. Better than normal for a 'character loses all of their ability and needs to train up again', even with Elektra showing up (ugh, gag). Art is good, characterization is pretty solid, but Matt completely losing his ability to the point where he's getting rolled by complete normals is too much of an attempt to line the comic up with the Netflix stuff. Still, that didn't stick around TOO long. I hope.

And complicated stuff happening with Fisk, so that's nice as well.
    Interesting. I might check it out. I’m working my way through Birthright at the moment. Awesome comic.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

....I really gotta question if my Dad understands human limitations. I'm surprisingly feeling very beat, probably sick, and just feeling cruddy after a whole week of work.

And my Dad simply said we got tons of things to do.

....I guess the visual cues are not good enough signs.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    That sweet shin on shin.
    Pretty much. Most of the time it didn't bug me when it happened. Afterward...that's different.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

....I really gotta question if my Dad understands human limitations. I'm surprisingly feeling very beat, probably sick, and just feeling cruddy after a whole week of work.

And my Dad simply said we got tons of things to do.

....I guess the visual cues are not good enough signs.
    Men can be (un)surprisingly bad at this. Especially those of the 'Suck it up!' generation.

Which is really Every Generation™ before whatever the current one is.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Men can be (un)surprisingly bad at this. Especially those of the 'Suck it up!' generation.

Which is really Every Generation™ before whatever the current one is.
    Right....I am totally guilty as well. Working at Ops in a retail store for three years plus and....Not once did I dare ask for a sick day unless I am literally bed ridden.

Right....I am totally guilty as well. Working at Ops in a retail store for three years plus and....Not once did I dare ask for a sick day unless I am literally bed ridden.
    If you're in an employment that treats such things as crimes, I completely understand that.

If not....

One thing I've learned over the years (I started out feeling that way myself) is this -- if I go in to work when I'm sick, I tend to give it to everyone else. Then everyone suffers.

My feeling is that if one is sick, and one can take time off without reprisal (and paid), one probably should. ^_^
    Why are we here?

last night, i learned that james, my neighbor and father to one of my childhood friends, passed away. he had a lot wrong with him, dementia chief among them so it was no real surprise. but still, he was a part of my life and it's sad to see him go.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    last night, i learned that james, my neighbor and father to one of my childhood friends, passed away. he had a lot wrong with him, dementia chief among them so it was no real surprise. but still, he was a part of my life and it's sad to see him go.
    Sorry to hear, man.
    Why are we here?

well, "doomsday clock" is over.

and it certainly ended a lot more hopeful than "watchmen".

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    spoilers:
    So they're both dead.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

If you're in an employment that treats such things as crimes, I completely understand that.

If not....

One thing I've learned over the years (I started out feeling that way myself) is this -- if I go in to work when I'm sick, I tend to give it to everyone else. Then everyone suffers.

My feeling is that if one is sick, and one can take time off without reprisal (and paid), one probably should. ^_^
    The place is friendly. I'm just too awkward to ever explain how I'm feeling. Though I at least gave heads up and bring a face mask.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    Oh, so sorry man.