Page 761 of 2466 FirstFirst ... 26166171175175775875976076176276376476577181186112611761 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,415 of 36980
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    yep. every youtuber review i know and respect, namely jj and chris stuckmann, say the same thing about this movie.

"i feel nothing."

On a lighter note, I've started reading Marissa Meyers' Superhero Novels. The Renegades Series. Having a good time with the first one and bought the second one already. Then once I read those two I can go ahead and borrow the third from the library for free.

I also ordered RE2 for myself.

Come on out and play, Mr.X!

We've got a score to settle!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    On a lighter note, I've started reading Marissa Meyers' Superhero Novels. The Renegades Series. Having a good time with the first one and bought the second one already. Then once I read those two I can go ahead and borrow the third from the library for free.

I also ordered RE2 for myself.

Come on out and play, Mr.X!

We've got a score to settle!
    i feel i have to do this.

long story short, x gon give it to ya.

Episode IX was doomed from the beginning. Episode VII could be argued to take a bit much from Episode IV, but it had set up ideas for a franchise... Which Rian Johnson pretty much tore apart (along with Luke) for the sake of "subverting expectations", leaving them having to scramble to make Episode IX fit the ending they had planned for the trilogy.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i feel i have to do this.

long story short, x gon give it to ya.

Come at me bro!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Meh who gives a crap about Star Wars in this day and age anyway?
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 12-19-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Meh who gives a crap about Star Wars in 2010's?
    Decent people who grew up liking the series?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Decent people who grew up liking the series?
    It has had one half decent film in the past 30 years and even the actual good films (with the possible exception of Empire) are overated.

It's the end of the 2010's and Star Wars has been lame since the late 90's. It's time to just let it go.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 12-19-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

It has had one half decent film in the past 30 years and even the actual good films (with the possible exception of Empire) are overated.

It's the end of the 2010's and Star Wars has been lame since the late 90's. It's time to just let it go.

I maintain and will continue to maintain that the Last Jedi is not only a good film, it is the best film in the franchise, narrowly beating Empire.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I've heard great things about some of the games and EU material. And of course, Mando is amazing. New movies are a pure cash grab, I grant you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I maintain and wil
    l continue to maintain that the Last Jedi is not only a good film, it is the best film in the franchise, narrowly beating Empire.
    Any movie without Vader immediately becomes inferior in my eyes.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I've heard great things about some of the games and EU material. And of course, Mando is amazing. New movies are a pure cash grab, I grant you that.

Any movie without Vader immediately becomes inferior in my eyes.
    been watching the prequels. and i can really appreciate them for what they are. and i dare say ROTS is among the best, flaws and all. especially if you watched "clone wars" with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I maintain and will continue to maintain that the Last Jedi is not only a good film, it is the best film in the franchise, narrowly beating Empire.
    I found the climax of the TLJ had a rather powerful statement in it about the power of narrative and stories shaping peoples' perceptions which was in-line with the Jedi philosophy of "using the Force only for knowledge and defense, never for attack."

That being said, the journey to get there was extremely uneven, filled with convoluted narrative threads in its own story, and overall didn't quite stick the landing for me.

Jettisoning the setup in its predecessor left its sequel in a weird place to follow up on, which has now left the buzz around TROS as a weird tug of war between two visions: "Guaranteed Crowdpleaser" and "Challenging"

I mean TROS is certainly challenging the notion that Abrams can direct a decent film.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The best part of the mystery box method is that you can tug on whatever's in there without having to take it out :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean TROS is certainly challenging the notion that Abrams can direct a decent film.
    well on that i can't really blame him. he was trying to make a movie based off two other movies that were a mess. he did his best but sadly, based on reviews, it wasn't enough.

now i'm kind of glad lucas didn't get a invite.