Page 762 of 893 FirstFirst ... 262662712752758759760761762763764765766772812862 ... LastLast
Results 11,416 to 11,430 of 13383
  1. #11416
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well on that i can't really blame him. he was trying to make a movie based off two other movies that were a mess. he did his best but sadly, based on reviews, it wasn't enough.

    now i'm kind of glad lucas didn't get a invite.
    I mean, one of the movies that was a mess was one that he made, and most of the problems in TLJ was because of his shaky foundations

    *Note, Have not seen TROS yet*

  2. #11417
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34,066

    Default



    here's a nice little vid about a guy breaking down the obi-wan/vade fight from ROTS. it opened my eyes a bit on this fight. including a debunking of "i have the high ground" argument.

  3. #11418
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I mean, one of the movies that was a mess was one that he made, and most of the problems in TLJ was because of his shaky foundations

    *Note, Have not seen TROS yet*
    and based on spoilers, they don't seem to wanna take too much stock from TLJ.

  4. #11419
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I mean, one of the movies that was a mess was one that he made, and most of the problems in TLJ was because of his shaky foundations

    *Note, Have not seen TROS yet*
    Johnson had plenty to work with from TFA, but didn't for some reason.

  5. #11420
    Extraordinary Member Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,632

    Default

    I thought that as a movie it wasn't that bad all things considered but my biggest takeaway was that it's biggest problem was that a lot of things it wanted to do and plots it wanted to explore should have either been introduced and/or developed in the previous movie, and really that big chunk of wasted time in the middle of movie 8 really grates on my nerves right now

    Also Redlettermedia has ruined me, cause dear God I can't help but cringe at people who applaud stuff during movies
    Last edited by Hiromi; 12-19-2019 at 08:58 PM.

  6. #11421
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I thought that as a movie it wasn't that bad all things considered but my biggest takeaway was that it's biggest problem was that a lot of things it wanted to do and plots it wanted to explore should have either been introduced and/or developed in the previous movie, and really that big chunk of wasted time in the middle of movie 8 really grates on my nerves right now

    Also Redlettermedia has ruined me, cause dear God I can't help but cringe at people who applaud stuff during movies
    I liked their recent Nerd News, speaking of redletter.
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  7. #11422
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Johnson had plenty to work with from TFA, but didn't for some reason.
    Because 'catering to fans' is a mistake, in his words.

    Which ... make of that what you will.
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  8. #11423
    Extraordinary Member Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,632

    Default

    the big mistake was not sticking with one director's creative vision for the entire trilogy and trying to do this new director for every movie, dear God did that end up being a disaster

  9. #11424
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    the big mistake was not sticking with one director's creative vision for the entire trilogy and trying to do this new director for every movie, dear God did that end up being a disaster
    Well, Abrams did TFA as well.

    ... they just needed to not use Rian Johnson, and just stick with Abrams.
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  10. #11425
    Mighty Member FistofIron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So it appears that Mangastream is dead



    Steve Orlando is generally really good at comics
    His run on Midnighter was awesome. I liked his Justice League stuff too.

  11. #11426
    Extraordinary Member Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well, Abrams did TFA as well.

    ... they just needed to not use Rian Johnson, and just stick with Abrams.
    yeah but JJ wasn't originally supposed to come back, that was damage control after Rian and having all the directors they kept picking either pull out or do something bad like Trank, JJ should have been in it for the long run from the get go

  12. #11427
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well, Abrams did TFA as well.

    ... they just needed to not use Rian Johnson, and just stick with Abrams.
    Or have Rian Johnson do TFA and TROS

  13. #11428
    I turn into a BIRD! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    2,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    the big mistake was not sticking with one director's creative vision for the entire trilogy and trying to do this new director for every movie, dear God did that end up being a disaster
    Pretty much. It's like trying to write a book series by changing authors every book.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  14. #11429
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Pretty much. It's like trying to write a book series by changing authors every book.
    Ironically the old EU did that a lot

  15. #11430
    Extraordinary Member Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Ironically the old EU did that a lot
    they really didn't start doing that until the Yuuzhan Vong series

    incidentally that's where I felt the EU fell apart into crap

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •