Page 762 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 26266271275275875976076176276376476576677281286212621762 ... LastLast
Results 11,416 to 11,430 of 36576
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well on that i can't really blame him. he was trying to make a movie based off two other movies that were a mess. he did his best but sadly, based on reviews, it wasn't enough.

now i'm kind of glad lucas didn't get a invite.
    I mean, one of the movies that was a mess was one that he made, and most of the problems in TLJ was because of his shaky foundations

*Note, Have not seen TROS yet*

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

here's a nice little vid about a guy breaking down the obi-wan/vade fight from ROTS. it opened my eyes a bit on this fight. including a debunking of "i have the high ground" argument.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I mean, one of the movies that was a mess was one that he made, and most of the problems in TLJ was because of his shaky foundations

and based on spoilers, they don't seem to wanna take too much stock from TLJ.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Johnson had plenty to work with from TFA, but didn't for some reason.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

I thought that as a movie it wasn't that bad all things considered but my biggest takeaway was that it's biggest problem was that a lot of things it wanted to do and plots it wanted to explore should have either been introduced and/or developed in the previous movie, and really that big chunk of wasted time in the middle of movie 8 really grates on my nerves right now

Also Redlettermedia has ruined me, cause dear God I can't help but cringe at people who applaud stuff during movies
    Last edited by Hiromi; 12-19-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I thought that as a movie it wasn't that bad all things considered but my biggest takeaway was that it's biggest problem was that a lot of things it wanted to do and plots it wanted to explore should have either been introduced and/or developed in the previous movie, and really that big chunk of wasted time in the middle of movie 8 really grates on my nerves right now

Also Redlettermedia has ruined me, cause dear God I can't help but cringe at people who applaud stuff during movies
    I liked their recent Nerd News, speaking of redletter.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Johnson had plenty to work with from TFA, but didn't for some reason.
    Because 'catering to fans' is a mistake, in his words.

Which ... make of that what you will.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

the big mistake was not sticking with one director's creative vision for the entire trilogy and trying to do this new director for every movie, dear God did that end up being a disaster

the big mistake was not sticking with one director's creative vision for the entire trilogy and trying to do this new director for every movie, dear God did that end up being a disaster
    Well, Abrams did TFA as well.

... they just needed to not use Rian Johnson, and just stick with Abrams.

Arx Inosaan

So it appears that Mangastream is dead

Steve Orlando is generally really good at comics
    His run on Midnighter was awesome. I liked his Justice League stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

yeah but JJ wasn't originally supposed to come back, that was damage control after Rian and having all the directors they kept picking either pull out or do something bad like Trank, JJ should have been in it for the long run from the get go

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Or have Rian Johnson do TFA and TROS

Pretty much. It's like trying to write a book series by changing authors every book.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Pretty much. It's like trying to write a book series by changing authors every book.
    Ironically the old EU did that a lot

Ironically the old EU did that a lot
    they really didn't start doing that until the Yuuzhan Vong series

incidentally that's where I felt the EU fell apart into crap