Page 770 of 2466 FirstFirst ... 27067072076076676776876977077177277377478082087012701770 ... LastLast
Results 11,536 to 11,550 of 36986
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Caught up with Higanjima...Seriously. -_-

spoilers:
    So you, the bad guy responsible for all the crazy shit in this one island, finally got the hero all but ready to be killed off (and destroy all hope for humanity on the island cause he's now the symbol of their resistance) and...You decide to let him live. Not just that, but give him 47 days to try to dismantle your entire evil plan and kill you. All because you're amused by his power of hatred towards you. God, this freaking manga...
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

spoilers:
    So you, the bad guy responsible for all the crazy shit in this one island, finally got the hero all but ready to be killed off (and destroy all hope for humanity on the island cause he's now the symbol of their resistance) and...You decide to let him live. Not just that, but give him 47 days to try to dismantle your entire evil plan and kill you. All because you're amused by his power of hatred towards you. God, this freaking manga...
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Caught up with the Fire Force manga and have a few thoughts.

- The arc taking place on the Chinese Peninsula was really freaking weird. Like, even for this series it just seemed weird to me.

- I'm not super fond of Maki's father and brother and their general attitude towards her, but I like Hinawa's "test" for her during that arc even less. It made no sense and seemed to only be there to create false drama since Maki shows up just in the nick of time anyway.

- Kurono is a neat and well realised character, but I really hope that somebody kicks his ass down the line and gets Nataku away from him. Though I am fascinated by their twisted relationship.

- But even more than Kurono, I need somebody to beat the shit out of Haumea. She's just unsettling.

- The current situation has done a lot to nicely escalate the sense of danger for the main cast and the world. With spoilers:
    sister Sumire
    end of spoilers proving to be an effectively scary antagonist.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Fire Force is consistently good but there always seems to be like a flaw or something that holds it back from being super good.

It's definitely a good series overall but I sometimes have a hard time recommending it because you kind have to engage with it on it's own offbeat terms but it's never weird enough or horrifying enough to be like... say a Fire Punch or a Jagaaaaan or something where the weirdness is part of it.

It's like really solid shonen but done in a very distinct way wherein it both works with tropes but also runs from them a bit. I've always felt that Okubo is one of the smarter writers currently working in manga in terms of how they apply their work but I don't think they've quite hit the sweet spot.

Soul Eater was an easier sell because it was intrinsically much more out there in setting while Fire Force... is more grounded and that kind of hurts it in a way.

EDIT: I actually liked the China arc a lot because it got a bit more wildly out there and that made things flow a bit more for me. Also Haumea is great, a really fun villain.

I will say that as much as I've been disappointed in the latest story arc of Kingdom, it's absolutely nothing compared to the dumpster fire that Nanatsu No Taizai has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I will say that as much as I've been disappointed in the latest story arc of Kingdom, it's absolutely nothing compared to the dumpster fire that Nanatsu No Taizai has become.
    Again, while I don't quite share your levels of hostility to it, this new chapters' revelations did make me sigh a fair bit.

I mean, our timeline was already kind of convoluted and I personally didn't feel any of this needed to happen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    EDIT: I actually liked the China arc a lot because it got a bit more wildly out there and that made things flow a bit more for me. Also Haumea is great, a really fun villain.
    Maybe it was just the way I was reading it (got halfway before making an unplanned stop for a few months and then picked it up again). But the series has always had a bit of an off beat pacing.

As for Haumea. I'm not saying that she's a bad villain. I just want to see her get her ass kicked. It's pretty similar to my love of hating Overahaul from MHA. They're both just that kind of awful person.
    Again, while I don't quite share your levels of hostility to it, this new chapters' revelations did make me sigh a fair bit.

I mean, our timeline was already kind of convoluted and I personally didn't feel any of this needed to happen.
    I'm personally mainly impressed by how much backstory was revealed in the span of one chapter.

Eh, I'm good with it. The latest chapter confirmed some suspicions of mine regarding Merlin and I'm glad to see Arthur's potential being explored rather than him being left an underutilized character that died a meaningless death. I'd also be disappointed if the story just ended there since the final battle with the Demon King was just...decent. Not underwhelming, but not the awe-inspiring battle I would want this manga to cap off on as its finale(Escanor's badass moments aside). Not to mention that I would have a hard time believing that the series would end happily ever after with the Supreme Deity still being around and, being the petty bitch she is, screwing things up. So, I'm glad that Suzuki is making one more arc that will actually give focus to humanity (which means Gilthunder, Hauser, etc may get the chance to level up and be at least semi-relevant to the plot again) and address the lingering plot threads left in the series, as well as deliver a much more climactic conclusion(hopefully). Mileage will vary as Lord Sharp would say, but I'm eager to see how the manga develops.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 12-26-2019 at 04:33 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Where Palpy's message was instead of being in the movie.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    ...........................que?

Well this was an interesting chapter of Kengan Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Well this was an interesting chapter of Kengan Omega.
    Is this manga gonna start bein' about clones?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Is this manga gonna start bein' about clones?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator