Page 777 of 2467 FirstFirst ... 27767772776777377477577677777877978078178782787712771777 ... LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,655 of 36992
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

finally getting some progress for the contest of champions.

and pilo is an utter beast.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    What were some of you guys favorite comics last year? I loved Deathstroke and Ninja-K.
    SUPERMAN.
    SMASHES.
    THE KLAN.

Genuinely one of the best Superman stories of all time

The Batman Who Laughs saga is probably one of the few Batman stories that I've followed to completion and I honestly enjoyed it. And thanks to Nick Spencer for both fixing Peter x MJ and just generally writing quality stories for the webslinger, I'm back on the Spidey wagon.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

What were some of you guys favorite comics last year? I loved Deathstroke and Ninja-K.
    Hmmm, in no particular order.

Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up With Me
    Giant Days
    The Wicked and the Divine
    Empowered
    DIE
    Riad
    Little Mama
    Ao no Flag
    Kingdom
    PTSD
    Kimetsu no Yaiba
    Star Impact
    Sakana
    Beastars
    Lore Olympus
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-02-2020 at 12:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Nick Spencer's Amazing Spider-man has been really enjoyable (reading that in trade format), same with Monstress.

The Amazing Mary Jane comic is a great palette cleanser after J.J. Abbrams Spider-man mini.

I also got the library edition of The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars and found it to be a really neat follow to the cartoon.

Spy X Family is the most charming new series (manga) I've read in quite some time. I was instantly hooked on it after the first two chapters.

And My Hero Academia had a really good year with the My Villain Academia arc and further insight into the Todoroki family.

Dr. McNinja.

What ...
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So Death Battle has revealed the first fight of Season 7: Miles Morales vs Static Shock. Whole lotta people in the comments wanted Izuku vs Miles instead.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    So Death Battle has revealed the first fight of Season 7: Miles Morales vs Static Shock. Whole lotta people in the comments wanted Izuku vs Miles instead.
    I think Izuku is a really bad choice for Death Battle for the same reason as a lot of shounen action characters, but more so.

He can best summon up 20% of One For All's true power, and even that's iffy for him to control. He's regularly adding improvements to his suit. And then there's the fact that spoilers:
    he's got a bunch of other quirks hidden within him that we know nothing about.
    end of spoilers.

If they put him in a Death Battle the outcome could be altered completely by a reveal or development that happens shortly after Izuku's fight. I mean, the same could be said with Miles, but Izuku is a bit more prone to radical changes in his abilities and gear.

So yeah, those commenters are going to have to be patient, which internet people never are, and they should just be happy that Miles is in a Death Battle. I don't think he'll do well against Static, but we'll see.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I think Izuku is a really bad choice for Death Battle for the same reason as a lot of shounen action characters, but more so.

He can best summon up 20% of One For All's true power, and even that's iffy for him to control. He's regularly adding improvements to his suit. And then there's the fact that spoilers:
    end of spoilers.

If they put him in a Death Battle the outcome could be altered completely by a reveal or development that happens shortly after Izuku's fight. I mean, the same could be said with Miles, but Izuku is a bit more prone to radical changes in his abilities and gear.

So yeah, those commenters are going to have to be patient, which internet people never are, and they should just be happy that Miles is in a Death Battle. I don't think he'll do well against Static, but we'll see.
    Once it becomes time for Izuku to enter Death Battle, I'd like to see him tangle with Aang from Avatar

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Once it becomes time for Izuku to enter Death Battle, I'd like to see him tangle with Aang from Avatar
    My personal wish opponent for him would be Shinra from Fire Force.

BANNED

I havn't watched Nostalgia Critic in a long time, but everythime a video of his shows up my recomendations two things come to mind.

1: He looks so old now. He's in his late 30's and looks like a man in his 50's

2: Every thumbnail of him looks like a serial killers mugshot.

Valiant Entertainment recently signed a video game deal and the first to in development are Ninjak and Bloodshot. Hopefully they turn out good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

end of spoilers.

Yeah, made the same arguments against Izuku vs Miles at this point. And by the time Izuku reaches his 'peak' he'll be superior to All Might, which puts Izuku FAR out of pretty much any Spider-man's weight class.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    I havn't watched Nostalgia Critic in a long time, but everythime a video of his shows up my recomendations two things come to mind.

1: He looks so old now. He's in his late 30's and looks like a man in his 50's

2: Every thumbnail of him looks like a serial killers mugshot.
    doug's stuff is just terrible now. at least the last time i saw his stuff, which is about two years now.

"the wall" pretty much made him a joke now.