Page 781 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 28168173177177777877978078178278378478579183188112811781 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,715 of 36576

Bitter Root returns next month and I can’t wait. I love this comic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

So basically, they could've had droids pilot the flying junk heaps, hyperdrive them into the Dreadnought and been on their way with minimal losses.
    They do explain that the Holdo manuver had a one in a million chance of working, so it's not exactly a reliable means of dealing with anything.

So when it works it looks freaking spectacular, but when you don't pull it off you're just going somewhere else and look silly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Fairy Tail 100 Yr Quest: Okay, Natsu got Rogue'd by The White Wizard, only to be saved by Happy. Unfortunately, Happy's assistance may have some unforeseen repercussions since he has unintentionally caused a peculiar transformation to occur within the WW by hitting her with the Earth Orb(getting Fused Zamasu flashbacks, here). Meanwhile, Skullion orders the remaining Dragon Eaters to retreat and plans to deploy the Black Dragon Slayer Knights, the most powerful of his guild, to fight against Fairy Tail. Interesting of note is that Dragon Eaters can actually absorb magic from other people. Finally, Wendy is ready to fight Nebal and enters Dragon Force Mode, with Nebal ready to do the same. Curiously, we discover that Dragon Eaters are forbidden by their Guild law to use Dragon Force because it's apparently too dangerous/powerful/uncontrollable. Since Dragon Eaters don't have the anti-bodies to prevent them from transforming into the full Dragons like the first, third and fourth generation, I'm guessing this to be the case.
    I'm glad that Natsu got taken out easily by our big bad and the solution Happy pulled has interesting potential for future storylines.

Hopefully the fifth generation DF mode is sufficiently creepy, cool and doesn't get jobbed out like Sting and Rogue did.

I was looking at a video of City of Titans character creator and it’s insane. I think it’s going to surpass City of Heroes in that regard.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Happy new year. Kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    EDIT: I have realized it's no longer Sharp's Bar. I am saddened, but in my head this will always be Sharp's Bar.
    *sniffles*

I'm really touched. At least it's in good hands with Subby.

I will never, ever stop loving Hark! A Vagrant.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Happy new year. Kinda.

*sniffles*

I'm really touched. At least it's in good hands with Subby.

I will never, ever stop loving Hark! A Vagrant.
    I haven't gotten to all on that list, but I hope to read most sometime this year.

edit: "Ice Cold Utopia" does sound like a cocktail or other bar drink.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I have to ask - is discussion or noting, at least, world events something for the 'All-Purpose News And Politics' thread, or is it okay for here?

I mean...for an 'All-Purpose' news and politics thread, all that thread does is discuss Republican versus Democrat in United States politics. While I understand the desire for such, it's not exactly 'All-Purpose'.

And I don't personally see an issue with 'this big stuff just happened in the world!' being against the rules of discussion in a regular discussion thread. It's not like there are big arguments/debates breaking out, it's more 'this crap is happening, oh my god'. There's no room for that kind of discussion in the 'All Purpose' thread; it'll just disappear into the endless back and forth of 'Democrat versus Republican'.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

On a personal level I'd rather not. Don't get me wrong I make sure to keep up with all that kind of stuff, but places like this are were I come to get away from it, not get even more of it. But I'm just one person here at the end of the day and I don't think the others here share my view on the matter

Fair enough.
    Why are we here?

It crops up from time to time here and as far as I can see that's fine. But everyone has to keep it pretty chill and the topic needs to end relatively quickly in terms of back and forth.

I'd recommend creating a non-US focused politics thread if you like, for discussing the prettiest black Prime Minister Canada's ever had and somesuch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I'd recommend creating a non-US focused politics thread if you like, for discussing the prettiest black Prime Minister Canada's ever had and somesuch.
    You're probably correct, though I'm less interested in discussing Canadian Politics, and more interested in saying 'Does anyone know anything about this crap that is happening in the world right now?'

And I honestly don't like going over to General.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

And I honestly don't like going over to General.
    Yah, CBR is large enough that individual boards culture differs enough to be somewhat insular.

Like... I've go onto the General board like... twice in the last three years or something and I've seldom felt motivated to post something.

I have a thread on the Writer/Artist Showcase and that board is almost entirely people just shilling their own stuff and not looking at anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yah, CBR is large enough that individual boards culture differs enough to be somewhat insular.

Like... I've go onto the General board like... twice in the last three years or something and I've seldom felt motivated to post something.
    I look in every now and then, then leave. Not my place, either.

I have a thread on the Writer/Artist Showcase and that board is almost entirely people just shilling their own stuff and not looking at anyone else's.
    This is pretty standard. If it's as you say it is, at least it hasn't devolved into the other usual: tearing apart everyone else's stuff.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

This is pretty standard. If it's as you say it is, at least it hasn't devolved into the other usual: tearing apart everyone else's stuff.
    I mean, this isn't me harping on whatever passes for the culture of that board, lord knows I do basically the same thing. XD

But yeah, no ****-talking just mostly disinterest.

: Dives into the ocean, smashes into ocean floor and goes to sleep in the molten core.:

Sleep, for a while.