Page 782 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 28268273277277877978078178278378478578679283288212821782 ... LastLast
Results 11,716 to 11,730 of 36875
    Extraordinary Member

Finally got around to reading the new SJ chapters.

Black Clover: With the Spade kingdom's big move we're getting a taste of the power of our new antagonists. It'll be interesting to see how Yuno's post timeskip power up compares to a fraction of demonic power. ...hmm, makes me wonder if the Spade kingdom mages are basically all like Warlocks from DnD 5E.

Samurai 8: Neat chapter that shows Sanda still being himself but having grown. I hope he and Ryu get to join the main cast on the big adventure.

My Hero Academia: Great first chapter of the year, with the kids showing off the things they learned over their winter holidays. Though now I'm wondering why Toru is sticking to her invisibility thing and not having a costume. Girl you can manipulate light, do something with that!

Mina and Kirishima have a really cute moment where she reveals that his unbreakable mode inspired her new acidman move. Then Izuku and Ochako have an equally cute but longer moment of just interacting and talking about how they helped each other improve while their classmates are just staring at how obvious the two of them are. My little shipper heart was so happy with this chapter.

Then we get some hints about future events with Eri's quirk acting up and All Might handing training notes to Izuku. Their second year is rapidly approaching.

One Piece: "Laugh Tale" huh? I like it.

This flashback has been such a big lore expansion in the best possible way. Despite basically being the cliff notes version of it all, Oden managed to give the journey a sense of grandness. And we readers are left with little clues and hints about... a lot of things really. But as this part of the story ends it's about time to see the tragic finale of Oden's life.

LOL at why Shanks and Buggy missed out. Perfect for the both of them. ...so that means that they never got to the final island.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I have to ask - is discussion or noting, at least, world events something for the 'All-Purpose News And Politics' thread, or is it okay for here?

I mean...for an 'All-Purpose' news and politics thread, all that thread does is discuss Republican versus Democrat in United States politics. While I understand the desire for such, it's not exactly 'All-Purpose'.

And I don't personally see an issue with 'this big stuff just happened in the world!' being against the rules of discussion in a regular discussion thread. It's not like there are big arguments/debates breaking out, it's more 'this crap is happening, oh my god'. There's no room for that kind of discussion in the 'All Purpose' thread; it'll just disappear into the endless back and forth of 'Democrat versus Republican'.
    The thread does discuss other issues, when enough people join in to talk about it. I'd suggest giving it a try if you have something to say.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

It's early but I think The Greatest World! has a strong chance of being my favourite anime this year. I don't think I've been so engaged, charmed and genuinely moved by a first episode of a show like I have been this evening in a long time.

If you're any level of aspiring or amateur animator then this show will give you a warm and happy feeling in your soul.

It's just great. I really hope it maintains this level as things progress.

I have an extensive collection of back issues of Viz english language Shonen Jump magazine. To Manga fans, do they have value?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Finally got around to reading the new SJ chapters.

Black Clover: With the Spade kingdom's big move we're getting a taste of the power of our new antagonists. It'll be interesting to see how Yuno's post timeskip power up compares to a fraction of demonic power. ...hmm, makes me wonder if the Spade kingdom mages are basically all like Warlocks from DnD 5E.

Samurai 8: Neat chapter that shows Sanda still being himself but having grown. I hope he and Ryu get to join the main cast on the big adventure.

My Hero Academia: Great first chapter of the year, with the kids showing off the things they learned over their winter holidays. Though now I'm wondering why Toru is sticking to her invisibility thing and not having a costume. Girl you can manipulate light, do something with that!

Mina and Kirishima have a really cute moment where she reveals that his unbreakable mode inspired her new acidman move. Then Izuku and Ochako have an equally cute but longer moment of just interacting and talking about how they helped each other improve while their classmates are just staring at how obvious the two of them are. My little shipper heart was so happy with this chapter.

Then we get some hints about future events with Eri's quirk acting up and All Might handing training notes to Izuku. Their second year is rapidly approaching.

One Piece: "Laugh Tale" huh? I like it.

This flashback has been such a big lore expansion in the best possible way. Despite basically being the cliff notes version of it all, Oden managed to give the journey a sense of grandness. And we readers are left with little clues and hints about... a lot of things really. But as this part of the story ends it's about time to see the tragic finale of Oden's life.

LOL at why Shanks and Buggy missed out. Perfect for the both of them. ...so that means that they never got to the final island.
    The Library of Ohara did a really good analysis of the chapter

https://thelibraryofohara.com/2020/0...-analysis-yet/

Ao no Exorcist: I knew it was gonna happen...yet I cried anyway. ****.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

this is a blueprint of scott summer's home on the moon.

notice anything out of place?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

this is a blueprint of scott summer's home on the moon.

notice anything out of place?
    the lack of an image ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    the lack of an image ?
    you can't see it?

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

you can't see it?
    Nah man, just an empty space.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Well Sony is now in the automobile business.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/6/21...ement-ces-2020
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Nah man, just an empty space.
    summers home.jpg

how about now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    They do explain that the Holdo manuver had a one in a million chance of working, so it's not exactly a reliable means of dealing with anything.

So when it works it looks freaking spectacular, but when you don't pull it off you're just going somewhere else and look silly.
    could also have easily hand waived it by pointing out that a small two person bomber lacks the same oomph when used as a kinetic weapon as a three and a half kilometer long capital ship like the Raddus

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

summers home.jpg

how about now?
    I love how Wolverine has his own room
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I love how Wolverine has his own room
    That is connected to Jeans, as is Scott's.