Page 800 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 30070075079079679779879980080180280380481085090013001800 ... LastLast
Results 11,986 to 12,000 of 36573
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Except the FF. Reed can screw up time, antagonise the Skrulls into hating Earth, create an inhumane prison in the Negative Zone, run incredibly dangerous energy experiments in the heart of NYC and co-create a hybrid cyborg/clone of Thor that killed Bill Foster, and everyone just thinks “Oh, that’s just weird Uncle Reed and his crazy japes! He’s so funny!”
    The Fantastic Four are indeed a weird exception.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Except the FF. Reed can screw up time, antagonise the Skrulls into hating Earth, create an inhumane prison in the Negative Zone, run incredibly dangerous energy experiments in the heart of NYC and co-create a hybrid cyborg/clone of Thor that killed Bill Foster, and everyone just thinks “Oh, that’s just weird Uncle Reed and his crazy japes! He’s so funny!”
    You understand Doom's frustration with Richards.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Fantastic Member

Elena Doubleca5t looks at MCU shipping:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    How is Bendis doing on Superman?
    Pretty good so far. Pacing's a tad off sometimes, but otherwise its not bad

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Pretty good so far. Pacing's a tad off sometimes, but otherwise its not bad
    Glad to hear it.

I’ve never thrown so many elbows in training. I’m smoked.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Glad to hear it.

I’ve never thrown so many elbows in training. I’m smoked.
    Relax more during training!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Relax more during training!
    Today was all about elbows and pad work. Very good class.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Made it to Vietnam and...Again, reminded why plane rides that take hours is not my cup of tea.

BANNED

So looking at discussion of RWBY in certain places in the internet I can't help but be annoyed. Now before I start RWBY as a show has more than it's fair share of problems and I think it does deserve a fair amount of the criticism it gets. But that dosn't mean I agree with all of it.

And one such criticism I very much disagree with is the morality of Ruby as a character (and to a lesser extent the rest of team RWBY). Primarily with a lot of accusation of the "Protagonist Centered Morality" trope being thrown her way over actions taken by her at the end of V6 and over the course of V7.

When it comes to how moral a characters actions are, the context and circumstances of those actions are just as important as the actions themselves and I very much think people are ignoring the said context and circumstances and even misrepresent the actions themselves, to paint her as an arrogant self righteous brat, when she's none of those things.

More specifically her decision to withhold information from Ironwood and her suppose disrespect to authority figures. She had pretty much spent the entire series, up until volume 6 being more or less completely subservient to authority figures and trusting that they know best. Then over the course of volumes 5 and 6 every authority figure she met either let her down or flat out betrayed her. Going into V7 she has pretty good reasons to not go blindly trusting authority figures and would in fact be foolish of her to do so. So then in V7 the big authority figure has pretty much turned his whole kingdom into a police state and is engaging in other shady activity.

So she has damn good reason to not trust authority figures and damn good reason to not trust Ironwood as an individual. So she decides to withhold some sensitive info from him. But even then she's shown to be second guessing that decision (and didn't seem all that convinced when her friends explained to her that she did the right thing), still did her level best to otherwise cooperate with and help Ironwood with his plan to restore global communication and most importantly of all, ultimately came clean to Ironwood and told him the truth. Due to a combination of her thinking it was wrong of her to keep secrets from him and thinking he might be trustworthy after all.

Within hours of her doing this, other circumstances (understandable but not justifiable ones) cause Ironwood to go full on despot, thus proving that for all his good intentions, he was someone Ruby shouldn't have trusted after all.

But no Ruby's apparently a self righteous, hypocritical, little ****, for keeping secrets from Ironwood and opposing him once became apparent that he had gone off the deep end.

Although I suppose that's what happens when the only people who watch RWBY in 2020 are a bunch of youtubers who are hate it.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 01-23-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Within hours of her doing this, other circumstances (understandable but not justifiable ones) cause Ironwood to go full on despot, thus proving that for all his good intentions, he was someone Ruby shouldn't have trusted after all.
    Cinder and Salem be trolling hard!

Seriously, Cinder made Ironwood jump off the deep end by leaving a black chess piece in his office. The same one she used as a symbol back in the early volumes. That's some dedication right there.

Salem popping up and telling Ironwood, in no uncertain terms, that he is utterly screwed did not help things at all.

And this was all right after they all had to deal with all of 'Stache's machinations around the city.

The heroes are just having a really, really bad time right now.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    So looking at discussion of RWBY in certain places in the internet I can't help but be annoyed. Now before I start RWBY as a show has more than it's fair share of problems and I think it does deserve a fair amount of the criticism it gets. But that dosn't mean I agree with all of it.

And one such criticism I very much disagree with is the morality of Ruby as a character (and to a lesser extent the rest of team RWBY). Primarily with a lot of accusation of the "Protagonist Centered Morality" trope being thrown her way over actions taken by her at the end of V6 and over the course of V7.

When it comes to how moral a characters actions are, the context and circumstances of those actions are just as important as the actions themselves and I very much think people are ignoring the said context and circumstances and even misrepresent the actions themselves, to paint her as an arrogant self righteous brat, when she's none of those things.

More specifically her decision to withhold information from Ironwood and her suppose disrespect to authority figures. She had pretty much spent the entire series, up until volume 6 being more or less completely subservient to authority figures and trusting that they know best. Then over the course of volumes 5 and 6 every authority figure she met either let her down or flat out betrayed her. Going into V7 she has pretty good reasons to not go blindly trusting authority figures and would in fact be foolish of her to do so. So then in V7 the big authority figure has pretty much turned his whole kingdom into a police state and is engaging in other shady activity.

So she has damn good reason to not trust authority figures and damn good reason to not trust Ironwood as an individual. So she decides to withhold some sensitive info from him. But even then she's shown to be second guessing that decision (and didn't seem all that convinced when her friends explained to her that she did the right thing), still did her level best to otherwise cooperate with and help Ironwood with his plan to restore global communication and most importantly of all, ultimately came clean to Ironwood and told him the truth. Due to a combination of her thinking it was wrong of her to keep secrets from him and thinking he might be trustworthy after all.

But no Ruby's apparently a self righteous, hypocritical, little ****, for keeping secrets from Ironwood and opposing him once became apparent that he had gone off the deep end.

Although I suppose that's what happens when the only people who watch RWBY in 2020 are a bunch of youtubers who are hate it.
    And it's worth noting that Telling Ironwood what she held back from him earlier would, realistically, do nothing to improve the situation as it currently is. The facts wouldn't have done anything to mitigate the things driving him in the current situation

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

not a couple..............yet.

Also, Jacques wears a clip-on tie.

That seems less relevant but I wanted to point that out.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

so it's shaw who is the first to mess **** up for krakoa.