Page 806 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 30670675679680280380480580680780880981081685690613061806 ... LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,090 of 36871
    Extraordinary Member

https://yattatachi.com/one-peace-per...as-magnum-opus

Very nice analysis of One Piece's themes. Note: The writer has only just started Whole Cake Island, so they aren't current just yet.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Fantastic Member

Elena Doubleca5t looks at Fire Emblem shipping:

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

We looked briefly at the upcoming Shadow of the Batgirl series a little while ago.

Polygon has an article on it with a full scene from the book. Bodyreading still in, Cass having linguistic issues still in, assassin background still in, looks solid. I like they are trying to use her bodyreading to have her be more emotionally intuitive.

I'm certainly going to give it a spin when it comes out in trade.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    We looked briefly at the upcoming Shadow of the Batgirl series a little while ago.

Polygon has an article on it with a full scene from the book. Bodyreading still in, Cass having linguistic issues still in, assassin background still in, looks solid. I like they are trying to use her bodyreading to have her be more emotionally intuitive.

Yeah ok, that looks pretty solid.

I think I'll trade wait for this one too.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

*reads*

OH **** I AM TOTALLY GETTING THIS

It's about as close to Classic Cass as I've seen since her series folded. Better than pretty much anything thus far, including her stint in Gates of Gotham.

Also David Cain; not sure how they'll present him, but anything is better than the one-dimensional 'thing' that showed up in new 52. Really, that's the problem with nu52 Cass. Everything is rushed and shallow with her.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Also, Marvel is starting their own Magical version of the X-Men school for mutants: Strange Academy. Don't know if it'll be good, but I might check it out.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Also, Marvel is starting their own Magical version of the X-Men school for mutants: Strange Academy. Don't know if it'll be good, but I might check it out.
    How much do you want to bet that all the evil kids end up in House Mordo?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    How much do you want to bet that all the evil kids end up in House Mordo?
    I figure they end up in 'The Dorm'. ^_^
    Why are we here?

I figure they end up in 'The Dorm'. ^_^
    I... I... but... I’ve been out-punned!!!

I like they are trying to use her bodyreading to have her be more emotionally intuitive.
    Interestingly, she could always read people's emotions. She just didn't always understand WHY they were feeling that way, or felt alone because she had never felt the same things. There's this scene in one of her comics where she's looking at a crowd, and there are thought bubbles above everyone with stuff like 'lonely' or 'worried' or 'loves him', etc.

She also picked up on someone considering suicide, well-before he actually attempts it.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I... I... but... I’ve been out-punned!!!

It's a one-off. I'm not a big fan of puns. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Interestingly, she could always read people's emotions. She just didn't always understand WHY they were feeling that way, or felt alone because she had never felt the same things. There's this scene in one of her comics where she's looking at a crowd, and there are thought bubbles above everyone with stuff like 'lonely' or 'worried' or 'loves him', etc.

She also picked up on someone considering suicide, well-before he actually attempts it.
    True, but I like that they seem to be giving Cass more of an aptitude for communicating that emotional perception. A little less "fish out of water," which is a nice tweak on the brand.

True, but I like that they seem to be giving Cass more of an aptitude for communicating that emotional perception. A little less "fish out of water," which is a nice tweak on the brand.
    Yeah, I'm cool with that (and see what you mean).

Continuity-wise, it seems this is a story MORE in line with the Original Cass, but it's own separate continuity. Which is fine for me. I'll be happy just to have something resembling the old Cass, but with a fresh take.
    Why are we here?