Page 810 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 31071076080080680780880981081181281381482086091013101810 ... LastLast
Results 12,136 to 12,150 of 36871

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

that last story broke my damn heart.
    I got a laugh out of watching the ref basically have to be the Tai Chi Master's bodyguard, literally diving in between him and Shu every few seconds to protect the guy.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I got a laugh out of watching the ref basically have to be the Tai Chi Master's bodyguard, literally diving in between him and Shu every few seconds to protect the guy.
    ditto. and yet they called it a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    ditto. and yet they called it a draw.
    Well, he (and everyone else) were extremely biased toward the Tai Chi Master, and they couldn't say he won when Shu had actual video evidence he'd been kicking the guy's ass like he caught him in bed with his wife.

And the guy before him, I called he did something terrible to the kids when they said he was promoting his bullshit to them. And I was horribly, horribly right.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Been reading Spawn for awhile and man, Al has been abusing the hell out of the Xanatos Gambit lately.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Does remind me of that one time an Akido master spared with an MMA fighter. Unlike a lot of the people in the video, said akido guy had the self awareness to acknowledge prior to the spar that he probably wouldn't do well.

Extraordinary Member

Bought the first issue of Al Ewing's Guardians of the Galaxy run, and like most things written by Al Ewing it has me hooked.

It takes place quite some time after the team's last adventure so Rocket is healthy now (and looking snazzy in a suit) and they've all been enjoying the down time.

But with most of the galaxy's defenders still recovering from the events in Annihilation: Scourge, Nova turns to the Guardians for help in taking on the reborn olympian gods who are terrorising Kree colonies and will probably do the same to wherever else they decide to visit.

Some members decide to stay out of it because having to constantly deal with the galaxy's problems is just too much, and other members can't stop themselves from helping.

Things go bad (because of course they do) and now the team has an entire city full of gods pissed at them. So things are a bit worse than usual for the Guardians, but just a bit.

I wish good luck to our British friends, following the Brexit. Hope it won't end too badly for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Does remind me of that one time an Akido master spared with an MMA fighter. Unlike a lot of the people in the video, said akido guy had the self awareness to acknowledge prior to the spar that he probably wouldn't do well.
    Must be Rokas from Martial Arts Journey. He ended up quitting Aikido and getting MMA training.

Also, here is a video of MMA fighters making fun of a women's self defense video, because chi masters aren't the only ones selling BS regarding martial arts:

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

Samurai 8: I do really like the video game aestethics used for info-dumps about Samurai stuff. They're neat. Next chapter will be a bunch of interesting first meetings.

Black Clover: Well... that went poorly for the Golden Dawn. Good despairing curbstomp chapter.

My Hero Academia: Our mysterious doctor finally has a name huh. And the heroes are going all in at once, again showing how proactive super heroes are in this world. This is going way too well to last very long.

One Piece: A brief but grand battle that was won by using Oden's good hearted nature against him on multiple levels. How his great strength and inspiring reputation was beaten by clever tactics, and the chosen punishment for his failed coup feels very Game of Thrones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    One Piece: A brief but grand battle that was won by using Oden's good hearted nature against him on multiple levels. How his great strength and inspiring reputation was beaten by clever tactics, and the chosen punishment for his failed coup feels very Game of Thrones.
    Another mention of a traitor as well. I'm starting to get the feeling that it's Kanjuro.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm raising a glass to you Beadle.

It's gonna be a long five years.

Be kind to each other everyone.
    Well, the being kind to each other didn’t last long. You seen this Norwich Brexit Day crap?

Humanity continues to justify my avoidance of social media and unnecessary contact with ‘People’ - because ‘People’ are basically ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Well, the being kind to each other didn’t last long. You seen this Norwich Brexit Day crap?

Humanity continues to justify my avoidance of social media and unnecessary contact with ‘People’ - because ‘People’ are basically ****.
    Took a quick look, wow. Just wow -_-'...

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Took a quick look, wow. Just wow -_-'...
    I know. I mean... ****. What hope do we have?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Another mention of a traitor as well. I'm starting to get the feeling that it's Kanjuro.
    Any particular reason? I'm personally having some trouble trying to figure out who it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Any particular reason? I'm personally having some trouble trying to figure out who it could be.
    The first time I got suspiscious was when I realized out of all of Oden's vassals, he's the sole one who hasn't really done anything of note at all. He's barely been seen compared to Kin'emon who's been running the rebellion along with Kiku and Dog and later Ashura. And Raizou had a prominent role in springing Luffy from prison which Kawamatsu was also locked up in.

But...I can't recall Kanjuro doing anything signifigant. He's ostensibly had a role to play in their plans but he hasn't been shown doing it...maybe it's because it wasn't that important or maybe it was because he was up to something.

Then in ruling out the others...

Kin'emon's been running the rebellion from the get go. If he wanted to screw everyone over, he wouldn't have to go through the trouble of making all those plans only to have them mess up at the last second. Given his role in the plot, it wouldn't make too much sense, he's too invested in taking Kaido down.

Raizou was the target of Jack's attack on Zou. I don't think Jack would go through the trouble of searching for him if he were the traitor.

I don't think Cat or Dog are the traitors since I think the treachery may have begun while they were off sailing with Oden. Cat's definitely ruled out as he's not even on Wano to feed Orochi info.

I feel like the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates still have a chance of showing up and Izo will probably be there to have a reunion with Kiku. May be flimsy reasoning, admittedly lol.

Ashura Douji pretty much gave up and became a bandit after trying multiple times to avenge Oden. I don't quite remember but I think one of Kin'emon's plans was exposed before he rejoined the other Samurai. And even if not, there are a lot of scenes showing him regaining the will to rejoin the cause and I don't think that'll be squandered.

Kawamatsu was in prison for years until the breakout, of course. Not much else to say for him lol.

And lastly Denjiro....well his whereabouts are a mystery and while I'm sure he'll show uo, he hasn't been with the group at all.

So that just leaves Kanjuro. Unless Oda just had no real role for him, his lack of a presence in this arc rubs me the wrong way.

Also, and this may be stretching it.... but when they had to climb to Zou, he drew a dragon as their ride. Kin'emon is kind of a annoyed about it, given their history with Kaidou, but Kanjuro just shrugs it off. I can't help but wonder if that was a clue as to his true alleigance.