Page 824 of 2468 FirstFirst ... 32472477481482082182282382482582682782883487492413241824 ... LastLast
Results 12,346 to 12,360 of 37014

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I've done it as well. There's many variants to the base game, and I find them very fun. Betrayal at House on the Hill, from the one time I played it recently, seems to give you an easier time with positive stuff with the problem that the betrayal scenario may totally throw you for a loop.
    Hmmm that sounds interesting. We’re trying to decide if we’ll play Call of Cthulhu, Mutants and Masterminds, Deadlands, or Night’s Black Agents next.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    NOW you have ‘posts‘.
    Awesome.

Weekend was a bust, but I'll get something up tonight or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    i feel its a slow build back to that for strange, inthink mark waid would be the guy if it does happen tho
    I'm a little tired of the 'Strange loses everything' storyline. It's old. And weak. And not done very well most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Director and writers - How much do you want us to miss the point?

Producers -Yes.

Is it worth watching aside from this (admittedly major) issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Cassandra Cain doesn't fight and swears a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Hope Sharp doesn't read this.
    *throws up hands and walks away*

Well, there's the new comic series.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    God.... Damn....... It...

ANother cousin died in car wreck. Also. ;laughes, laughes as bitterly as possible to make the Joker cringe.:

My mind. Its worse. It's actually worse. THe scans show my damage is creeping in, to the rest of me. Losing my dmaned mind. Now, my short temr memory, and hitting the vocal centers of my mind. First my hand writing, then typing, now speech? Do I have the curse of babel?

Just.. Damnit. I may chip in on stuff I know of for the debates. But no more rpg stuff. Givne I cannot evne remmeber my new material, I do not see a point. Oh well, it was a waste probably.

Still, I wonder how long this will go on. Just.. Yeah.
    I'm very, very sorry Chou.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Attachment 92907

My personal favorite is Moon Druid/Monk in 5e, if the DM will let me use unarmed strikes with transformations.
    Personal favorite was Ranger (varient)/Rogue in 3.5. Effective? Not compared to the mages. Not even compared to builds looking for 'most effective fighter type'. Fun? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Hmmm that sounds interesting. We’re trying to decide if we’ll play Call of Cthulhu, Mutants and Masterminds, Deadlands, or Night’s Black Agents next.
    I can't speak to Nights Black Agents and Beadle has covered CoC. Deadlands is interesting if you're into The Romanticized Old West, and M&M 2e is possibly the best superhero system I've ever seen, being capable of running nearly any style of 'superhero' game (even the ones where you're not really a 'superhero' at all).

...I didn't like 3e and decided to stick with 2e, so I can't speak to how that's running.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Next time is Leonardo vs. Red Ranger Jason. Will the Rangers finally get a win, or are they going 0-4?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Caught up with some manga.

Lots of kinda weird revelations in Nanatsu No Taizai, and some of the freakier styles of reality warping I've seen in a manga. I'm intrigued and it does address some of the plot points that were still lingering from after the Holy war. But this threat still feels a bit... lacking in setup is the best way I can think of putting it.

Over in Edens Zero things are rapidly going poorly for the heroes, and we get a bit more crumbs about Rebecca. She's the 29th of something and several people want her on their side because of what she is. The plot here is just tons of fun and really engaging.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Next time is Leonardo vs. Red Ranger Jason. Will the Rangers finally get a win, or are they going 0-4?
    Jason better win. I doubt he'll be allowed to summon one of his zords, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got to use Tommy's equipment for the fight.

And what version of Leonardo are they gonna go with I wonder.

Extraordinary Member

For those of you still weighing whether or not to see Birds of Prey, Gail Simone has given her thoughts on it: She loves everything about it except how it handled Cass

No offense to Gail Simone, but no.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

JJ says you can skip "birds of prey".

and he ain't let me down in over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Jason better win. I doubt he'll be allowed to summon one of his zords, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got to use Tommy's equipment for the fight.

And what version of Leonardo are they gonna go with I wonder.
    I hope he does too. Real tired of watching part of my childhood get destroyed every time it shows up.

As for version of Leonardo, they're probably gonna go with a composite Leo.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Caught up with some manga.

Lots of kinda weird revelations in Nanatsu No Taizai, and some of the freakier styles of reality warping I've seen in a manga. I'm intrigued and it does address some of the plot points that were still lingering from after the Holy war. But this threat still feels a bit... lacking in setup is the best way I can think of putting it.
    Seems pretty straight forward to me.

You defeat the King of the Demons and abuse parent of the lead character, where do you go from there?

Answer; a big cat.

Logic.

Anyhow, more seriously, I remain distinctly lukewarm on this plot so far. Though I did like Gowther in this chapter, good character moment for them.

Over in Edens Zero things are rapidly going poorly for the heroes, and we get a bit more crumbs about Rebecca. She's the 29th of something and several people want her on their side because of what she is. The plot here is just tons of fun and really engaging.
    Mashima knows how to make fun encounters and these element boys have been great fun. However, this is feeling a bit too close to Groove Adventure Rave for me. I know he always has some form of Etherion and often some permutation of the Ten Commandments in his stories as self-referential nods but this feels like he's literally hitting plot beats from GAR directly this time.

I'm still enjoying it, overwhelming fanservice notwithstanding, and between the setting, themes and characters it's certainly engaging me a lot more than Fairy Tail ever did. Big fan of the Space-based Sci-Fi/Fantasy Hybrid thing he's doing here, it's very cool.

But... the similarities are still niggling me a little.

Probably because GAR is one of my favourite Shonen series. It's up there in terms of how tightly made and well handled it is. It's a solid series so far though, I would broadly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    For those of you still weighing whether or not to see Birds of Prey, Gail Simone has given her thoughts on it: She loves everything about it except how it handled Cass
    I'm on the fence but I might see it. I'm certainly not in a rush in any case.

Quite apart from my objections to superhero movies at large; it is the first superhero movie to have a full female ensemble cast which is interesting to me and I am curious to see what they do with Cass even if it's bad.

All that said, I will say I do find the DCEU's attempts to find a coherent voice for itself much more engaging than the vast majority of Marvel's content. I hope that they continue to experiment and try and innovate because that is good for the genre even if individual films aren't immediately successful.

Sidenote; Friends of mine who are more familiar with Cathy Yan's directorial efforts have told me that she tends to either make something amazing or something nigh unwatchable. Not much middleground stuff. I'm hoping for the former.

BANNED

Meh the MCU is rarely great, but it is consistently decent, which is more than I can say about the comics side of Marvel, for the past 20 years.

So I'm glad to have it there as an alternative to the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Meh the MCU is rarely great, but it is consistently decent, which is more than I can say about the comics side of Marvel, for the past 20 years.

So I'm glad to have it there as an alternative to the comics.
    To be clear, I'm not trying to take a shot at Marvel with this comparison.

At least, not any more than usual.

Their stuff is objectively successful. I just don't like it any more.

Also, I haven't read mainline Marvel comics for like... nearly a decade so I can't really comment on that stuff either. XD