Page 825 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 32572577581582182282382482582682782882983587592513251825 ... LastLast
Results 12,361 to 12,375 of 36885
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    To be clear, I'm not trying to take a shot at Marvel with this comparison.

At least, not any more than usual.

Their stuff is objectively successful. I just don't like it any more.

Also, I haven't read mainline Marvel comics for like... nearly a decade so I can't really comment on that stuff either. XD
    To be fair I will probably give Bland Widow a miss, so I can't say I will be seeing every MCU film post Endgame.

Any way I think the reason the MCU was the only Cinematic universe that actual succeeded was partially because they had the benefit of being the first and thus the novelty of it all made it easier to overlook the problems, because it actualy did take them a while to get it right. By the time the novelty wore off they had more less got it down to science, so that didn't end being a problem for them. Every other Cinematic universe though dosn't have the benefit of said novelty and thus the audience are less patient with their struggles to find their voice.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 02-11-2020 at 09:53 AM.

Watched the pilot to Hazbin Hotel, and... I honestly enjoyed it. Had a little trouble hearing some of the dialogue over the background music, but otherwise it was great and a good pilot, in my opinion. Set up the world, introduced the major players, and gave us the basic plot of the series (daughter of the Devil wants to use her hotel to redeem those in Hell so they don't have to keep engaging in 'Cleanses' to control the population number). I really want to see more of this show.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Also, I haven't read mainline Marvel comics for like... nearly a decade so I can't really comment on that stuff either. XD
    On this note: Read Immortal Hulk. Tis great

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    On this note: Read Immortal Hulk. Tis great
    I'm afraid I won't. I've never really got on with the Hulk as a property and the scans I saw didn't grab me at all.

BANNED

Speaking of the MCU , I've don't quit get why they have so many SH Figuarts over in Japan. From what I understand Spider-man is the only Marvel character who's all that popular in Japan, so I don't get why a primarily Japanese figure line, would have a **** ton of MCU figures.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Speaking of the MCU , I've don't quit get why they have so many SH Figuarts over in Japan. From what I understand Spider-man is the only Marvel character who's all that popular in Japan, so I don't get why a primarily Japanese figure line, would have a **** ton of MCU figures.
    Probably because they're popular enough to warrant all those figures.

Pretty simple really. There's a demand for them, so they're made.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

So, I read Shadow of the Batgirl.

It's not the Cass I wanted, but that Cass is never coming back and it's a fun take on the story. I've read worse - a LOT worse, including NuCass.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    So, I read Shadow of the Batgirl.

It's not the Cass I wanted, but that Cass is never coming back and it's a fun take on the story. I've read worse - a LOT worse, including NuCass.
    You should go see Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey.

They have the best Cass representation ever.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    You should go see Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey.

They have the best Cass representation ever.
    Problem: I detest Harley's character.

...I've also been warned about Cass in that movie, so your trap has failed.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Problem: I detest Harley's character.

...I've also been warned about Cass in that movie, so your trap has failed.
    It was a terrible trap. I was one of the ones who said she sucked. But my suffering must be shared. Cass is dead.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

It was a terrible trap. I was one of the ones who said she sucked. But my suffering must be shared. Cass is dead.
    I shall suffer with you in a week or so.

Why am I going to this movie? I don't care that much for Harley Quinn and I know that they only have Cass in name.

I think I at least want to know what I'm complaining about rather than basing it on what other people have said.

She's gone, but not forgotten is all. Especially not on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I shall suffer with you in a week or so.

Why am I going to this movie? I don't care that much for Harley Quinn and I know that they only have Cass in name.

I think I at least want to know what I'm complaining about rather than basing it on what other people have said.
    You fool!

Must be my age, I don't have patience to do that kind of crap to myself any more.
    Why are we here?

Soooooo, Netflix and Todd Mcfarlane are in talks about making two different animated cartoons for Spawn - one for adults, and the other aimed at the preteen demographic. I don't know how the hell you domesticate Spawn for children, but I'm interested.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Soooooo, Netflix and Todd Mcfarlane are in talks about making two different animated cartoons for Spawn - one for adults, and the other aimed at the preteen demographic. I don't know how the hell you domesticate Spawn for children, but I'm interested.
    I'm imagining an "edgier" version of the animated Mask series.