Page 827 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 32772777781782382482582682782882983083183787792713271827 ... LastLast
Results 12,391 to 12,405 of 36875
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    They're lying to you.
    so they are lying that i should skip it?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so they are lying that i should skip it?
    Don't see it in theaters
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Don't see it in theaters
    no money, so it's not a problem. lol

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Not going to see Harley Quinn. I'm gonna go see the movie about The Blue Hedgehog What Runs Fast.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Well I saw Birds of Prey. I thought it was decent.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Must've been watching a different movie than y'all. Or I was more sober.
    For the record, I had had a glass of wine with dinner beforehand.

I get that you hated it but, for my money, it doesn't do anything egregiously wrong. Doesn't do a whole lot right either. It's like fine.

Less voiceover would have been a good step, a whole lot of telling rather than showing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Hey, If Gail Simone says the movie is great except for not doing Cass right, that says a lot.
    While I have a lot of respect and admiration for Gail Simone as a writer and human being in general, I have no idea how well her taste in movie matches up with my own. So that she likes it doesn't mean that much to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Not going to see Harley Quinn. I'm gonna go see the movie about The Blue Hedgehog What Runs Fast.
    It is looking better with each clip I see. But I'm still on the fence since I'm not all that into Sonic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    While I have a lot of respect and admiration for Gail Simone as a writer and human being in general, I have no idea how well her taste in movie matches up with my own. So that she likes it doesn't mean that much to me.

It is looking better with each clip I see. But I'm still on the fence since I'm not all that into Sonic.
    It's more of a factor of "Gail Simone is the Birds of Prey's most notable writer, and therefore she know better than almost anyone whether or not they've been done justice" and her verdict was "Yes, except for Cass."

Personally, I'm saving my money for the My Hero Academia movie

Extraordinary Member

It's more of a factor of "Gail Simone is the Birds of Prey's most notable writer, and therefore she know better than almost anyone whether or not they've been done justice" and her verdict was "Yes, except for Cass."

Personally, I'm saving my money for the My Hero Academia movie
    I would like to do that. But getting another flight trip to the UK and back in one day seems a little frivolous on my part.

Also, it's kinda exhausting.

In my opinion Birds of Prey was pretty cartoonish over all, and that the best parts are when it embraces it's slapstick.
    My Forum check it out

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Hey, If Gail Simone says the movie is great except for not doing Cass right, that says a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    You're right, no DC employee would ever have to toe the company line to endorse their studio's product.
    Gail Simone's issue for me was that she had such an overweening love for her characters that it became detrimental to her writing. Also, on her own board she could be...less-than-impressive when talking with people who were critiquing an issue or storyline.

I like some of her stuff, but that's all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Less voiceover would have been a good step, a whole lot of telling rather than showing.
    That's rarely a good thing, yeah.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

My gear from Fairtex feels great. These are definitely the best shin guards that I’ve ever used.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    My gear from Fairtex feels great. These are definitely the best shin guards that I’ve ever used.
    ...I should have used shin guards when I was sparring. Ugh. Wise choice.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

The choreography and pacing in the recent chapters of Kengan Omega have been really on point.

Not super sure on that final reveal in the most recent chapter though.

spoilers:
    Ohma being back kind of undermines the ending of Kengan Asura and will leech away focus on the current protagonists.
    end of spoilers

Nice to see Raian.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 02-13-2020 at 11:59 AM.