Page 835 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 33573578582583183283383483583683783883984588593513351835 ... LastLast
Results 12,511 to 12,525 of 36572
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Whoever is writing it needs an award.
    Same person wrote Injustice 2, which I am now reading.

It's...good. And this coming from someone who doesn't mostly like DC.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Sooo...DC just released a new comic called DCeased: The Unkillables. It's about the anti-life equation, etc.

It has original Cass in it. As Batgirl. Same old costume. Same speech patterns. Same insane skill and power.

*is gobsmacked*

How did this happen? O_O

Basically, it's a post-apocalyptic world with a group of villains struggling to live in one area (led by Slade Wilson, and containing Lady Shiva) and a small group of 'heroes' in another (Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, and Jim Gordon).

Might have to buy it.

Can't wait to see Cass meet her mom again. ^_^
    It's a sequel to another series called DCeased, which was about the Apocalypse. IIRC Cass wasn't really involved in that part though.

But while we're on the topic of DC: Superman Smashes the Klan released it's last issue yesterday. That story is an instant classic.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

While I maintain my concerns about the current direction of Kengan Omega... I must say that I really enjoy Raian as a character.

Gotta almost admire a dude who decides that murder is the best option and sticks to it in all situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    While I maintain my concerns about the current direction of Kengan Omega... I must say that I really enjoy Raian as a character.

Gotta almost admire a dude who decides that murder is the best option and sticks to it in all situations.
    This chapter was pretty great. I do hope that Koga and Ryuki don’t take a backseat though.

Eden's Zero: Okay, Mashima has been going down a dark road in the last seven chapters and this chapter culminates it. I approve.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Kingdom:

I'm very glad...

spoilers:
    ...that Kyoukai didn't die to bring Shin back. It's apparently a nerf but I shall take a nerf over her being written out completely.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Dragon Ball Super: Krillin shows of some improvement with the destructo disk and that in this instant at least he's smarter than Freiza. Master Roshi on the other hand falls back on his old tired narrative tropes.

Tenshinhan and Chiaotzu get to display more personality than in quite some time against a Metal man.

Moro and Goku arrive on Earth. So the next step of this battle is about to start. I hope that the androids, Gohan and Piccolo get to defeat their opponent so that Goku doesn't just steamroll him like he did with the Ginyu force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Eden's Zero: Okay, Mashima has been going down a dark road in the last seven chapters and this chapter culminates it. I approve.
    Yeah, this mission took a bad end turn real fast.

Drakken Joe is one of the more intimidating shounen villains I've seen in a while.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Same person wrote Injustice 2, which I am now reading.

It's...good. And this coming from someone who doesn't mostly like DC.
    Tom Taylor also wrote the comic tie-in to the first Injustice game, and in all of these cases the comics are WAY better than they have any right to be based on the premise alone.

Also, just saw a few pages from DCeased: Unkillables. Apparently Jason Todd ties/nails the Joker's corpse to the front of the Batmobile, because Jason Todd has issues. The whole scene is grimly hilarious really. The art isn't great though.

Kingdom:

I'm very glad...

spoilers:
    ...that Kyoukai didn't die to bring Shin back. It's apparently a nerf but I shall take a nerf over her being written out completely.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think it's a nerf to Kyoukai's fighting abilities so much as a sacrifice of her life force. She gave everything, so she was supposed to die whether or not she saved Shin. Who knows how old she'll get to be naturally thanks to the supernatural save.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't think it's a nerf to Kyoukai's fighting abilities so much as a sacrifice of her life force. She gave everything, so she was supposed to die whether or not she saved Shin. Who knows how old she'll get to be naturally thanks to the supernatural save.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Her sister said "there are some techniques you can no longer use, or will be much weaker,"

That sounds like a nerf to me. I imagine her duration/depth of her breath has probably taken a hit.
    end of spoilers

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Raian is friggin gold

I wanna see more of koga leveling upntho
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Extraordinary Member

Heads up, new One Piece is out early

Extraordinary Member

So...Dan Didio is out from DC

BANNED

Shockwave no match for Pinkie Pie