Page 842 of 2464 FirstFirst ... 34274279283283883984084184284384484584685289294213421842 ... LastLast
Results 12,616 to 12,630 of 36948

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Didn't see this as I was typing Guy, consider it dropped.
    All good, Nik. Thank you.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

"It weighed 40 lbs with the helmet and all the batteries."

...40 lbs took away his legs, not getting blasted in the face and jaw.
    So the guy comes out like Triple H, and he's NOT going to act like a Pro Wrestler?

Also his OPPONENT was the one that actually had a wrestling match?

Come on WWE if you want some cheap "we brought in a boxer" heat, you could go for the one that's naturally going to clown himself out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    You left out the "in any sport".

The interesting thing about that is that in team based sports, he would lose respect from the rest of the team, and thus play opportunities and possibly money for being a whiney baby. But because he's in a sport where he's the only one, he can behave as badly as he likes as long as venues will keep letting him fight.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

I'm pretty sure that the game itself is trash. But that's one funny launch trailer.

Extraordinary Member

So, in X-Men news

spoilers:

The Mutants have instituted something called the Crucible for the Mutants depowered by Scarlet Witch. Basically, it's a fight to the (Depowered Mutant's) death, in order to test how determined the mutant is to regain their mutantdom. The reason they do this, is because if all the depowered mutants killed themselves to get their powers back, then it would overwhelm the Resurrection system
    end of spoilers

Also, Wolverine cannot say no to Scott in a speedo

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So, in X-Men news

spoilers:

The Mutants have instituted something called the Crucible for the Mutants depowered by Scarlet Witch. Basically, it's a fight to the (Depowered Mutant's) death, in order to test how determined the mutant is to regain their mutantdom. The reason they do this, is because if all the depowered mutants killed themselves to get their powers back, then it would overwhelm the Resurrection system
    end of spoilers

Also, Wolverine cannot say no to Scott in a speedo
    Xmen continues to be horribly scary, and the Scott/Logan relationship continues to be hilarious. I read it, yes.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    You left out the "in any sport".
    Actually meant it as I had it.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I feel like this conversation has run its course. Take it to the politics thread.
    Since a reply was given, I've continued the conversation in the politics thread as you've directed.

Extraordinary Member

Kazuhisa Hashimoto, creator of the Konami Code, has passed away

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

I still prefer Leon with Claire.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Never has "Don't read this" been such a glowing recommendation

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

So in issue 5 of The Amazing Mary Jane (fun series overall so far), the titular heroine manages to hold off six of Spider-man's villains (Rhino, Vulture, Tarantula, Stegron, Scorpion and Cobra) on her own for a while until she gets back-up. It's a fun sequence and not at all the first time that MJ has taken on experienced super villains (though she's never had to contend with this many adversaries on her own before). But I find my inner rumbler raising so many valid point against the scene.

MJ trips up Rhino as he comes rushing at her so that he falls down a slope, never mind that his weight and super strength should snap her leg in half.

She smashes Tarantula and Stegron with movie props and dodges Scorpion tail attack. All of these guys are experienced fighters and/or straight up super humans on par with Spider-man himself. Any scenario where she performs this well against them is dubious at best.

And she gets up with just a few bruises after Vulture drops her from a rather high height and into some movie sets. She's a normal human with no enhanced durability. She should be more injured.

I reocgnise that from many (if not all) perspectives it's just a dumb fight sequence that shouldn't be. But I love MJ as a character so much that I just enjoyed her getting Batman or Deathstroke levels of plot armor and kicking way more ass than she has any right to.

That's all. Just wanted to share that fun nonsense.

Extraordinary Member