Page 845 of 2461 FirstFirst ... 34574579583584184284384484584684784884985589594513451845 ... LastLast
Results 12,661 to 12,675 of 36906
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    This episode (the last in the season) is worth watching, even though it does reference things from earlier in the season.
    I watched it, or at least most of it.

spoilers:
    I don't really like that they're making the Doctor come from a different universe, be the origin of Regeneration and the source of the supremacy of the Time Lords. The Doctor is already pretty special, this feels like... well, it feels very Moffat-y but in a bad way.

Also, that ending sequence with the death particle bomb didn't make sense because I couldn't understand why the Doctor wouldn't just pull the trigger and kill them both.
    end of spoilers

Black Clover: I never get tired of the impeccable teamwork between the Black Bulls in these types of battles. Unfortunately, it's obvious that they're going to lose. It's also worrying that Dante has made capturing Vanessa a priority.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I watched it, or at least most of it.

spoilers:
    I don't really like that they're making the Doctor come from a different universe, be the origin of Regeneration and the source of the supremacy of the Time Lords. The Doctor is already pretty special, this feels like... well, it feels very Moffat-y but in a bad way.

Also, that ending sequence with the death particle bomb didn't make sense because I couldn't understand why the Doctor wouldn't just pull the trigger and kill them both.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I definitely agree about the Doctor’s special little snowflake status, but that aside I did otherwise like the general concept of the origin of regen and the Timelords being external to Gallifrey. Opens up the franchise for further exploration.

And the end sequence think is just because a) The Doctor supposedly never, ever kills, and b) because I assumed the old guy who finally DID pull the trigger was actually a long-future version of the Doctor. Hence his telling her to “Run.” and that he’d been the one who sent the Cyberium back into the past in the first place. But that’s just supposition on my part.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Neo: I miss Roman. He was just as much of a diva, but he was actually funny, and he got **** done!

Wrecked.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Neo: I miss Roman. He was just as much of a diva, but he was actually funny, and he got **** done!

Roman was great.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

I had to literally look up when she was introduced because she made no impression on me with her like two lines of dialogue. I don't really move in anime fandom circles so her being a fan favourite is entirely news to me.

So, she had a bit part in the hero rankings ceremony about 80 chapters ago and, as far as I can tell, this is her first appearance since then. Forgive me if I don't feel invested in her story based off that build.

As I said, I'm not complaining about the sequence in of itself; it's cool and all and Mirko is likable enough but it feels... weirdly hollow?

Giving this level of serious moment to a hero whom we had seen or encountered more than literally once ever would feel a bit more earned. Mirko has no real connections to the main cast or the plot so there's a limit to how much I can care about her dramatic fight stuff. I really don't understand the comment of her not having the moment making the world feel small, there's a butt-ton of other heroes whom we have spoken to more, seen more of, or have actual relationships with the main cast to choose from. Why not give them a push?

I'm not complaining about the action in of itself, it just feels really odd that Mirko has been given such a momentous sequence and I had literally no idea who she was.
    She did also scare away Dabi from finishing off Hawks and Endeavor after the first High End fight. So she has had at least two apperances, and as Jcogginsa mentioned, she's quite popular with the fandom. I also think that Horikoshi just likes writing her.

And I think Horikoshi is also trying to show off what the top ten heroes can really do. Several off them are smack in the middle of the biggest fight of the series since All For One vs. All Might, so I can get him wanting to have them show off their skills. And that can serve a number of purposes. It can show just what we can expect from the main cast in terms of abilities when they get older since they'll probably be surpassing or at least matching the current Pro Heroes when their time comes. If Shigaraki gets unleashed and defeats all the Pro Heroes that get to show off their skills in this arc that'll hype him up that much more as a threat. And it's just nice to see the good guys actually being good at their job and that the villains can't just sick back and smirk at how they've already covered all possible outcomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Black Clover: I never get tired of the impeccable teamwork between the Black Bulls in these types of battles. Unfortunately, it's obvious that they're going to lose. It's also worrying that Dante has made capturing Vanessa a priority.
    Yuki Tabata does teamwork in shounen battles better than pretty much anybody else to be honest. Yami should be showing up before this fight ends, he's the reason Dante's here after all, and it should be interesting to see how darkness magic and gravity magic interact. So while they're absolutely not out of the woods yet and Dante has a few demon tricks still up his sleeve, Yami might just save the day before anything too bad happens.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    She did also scare away Dabi from finishing off Hawks and Endeavor after the first High End fight. So she has had at least two apperances, and as Jcogginsa mentioned, she's quite popular with the fandom. I also think that Horikoshi just likes writing her.

And I think Horikoshi is also trying to show off what the top ten heroes can really do. Several off them are smack in the middle of the biggest fight of the series since All For One vs. All Might, so I can get him wanting to have them show off their skills. And that can serve a number of purposes. It can show just what we can expect from the main cast in terms of abilities when they get older since they'll probably be surpassing or at least matching the current Pro Heroes when their time comes.
    I get all that but I can't deny how uninterested in Mirko as a character I am. The story is working really hard at trying to make me care about her wellbeing and stakes and I just don't.

If Shigaraki gets unleashed and defeats all the Pro Heroes that get to show off their skills in this arc that'll hype him up that much more as a threat. And it's just nice to see the good guys actually being good at their job and that the villains can't just sick back and smirk at how they've already covered all possible outcomes.
    I don't think Shirageki really needs additional hype? Like, the last time we saw him he vaporised an entire town. I don't see how beating some people who are wildly below that level is going to add to his perceived threat.

Yuki Tabata does teamwork in shounen battles better than pretty much anybody else to be honest.
    Just gonna cough pointedly in the direction of Mokoto Raiku. :P

Extraordinary Member

I get all that but I can't deny how uninterested in Mirko as a character I am. The story is working really hard at trying to make me care about her wellbeing and stakes and I just don't.
    Fair enough. Can't win them all.

Personally I am engaged by Mirko (I think she's a lot of fun) and I do appreciate seeing the top heroes be efficient. But I do agree that we've been hanging around at this particular part of the fight. So I'm glad we're changing scenery for the next chapter I really want to see how Kaminari does when he's thrust into the frontlines of something this big (hoping he gets the same kind of treatment Kirishima got during the Overhaul arc).
    I don't think Shirageki really needs additional hype? Like, the last time we saw him he vaporised an entire town. I don't see how beating some people who are wildly below that level is going to add to his perceived threat.
    Whether he needs it or not is kinda moot right now since he's already undergone the surgery and he'll need someone to act as a test dummy for whatever new abilities he's gotten. That is if he's stable enough when he wakes up.
    Just gonna cough pointedly in the direction of Mokoto Raiku. :P
    I am familiar with some of his work and I still stand by my statement.

BANNED

I don't know why but I find Kamen Rider Zero Ones's insert song very catchy even with all the engrish.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Roman was great.
    I'm still rather upset that his death was so abrupt and such a non sequitur of a development. But at the same time those aspect also makes it kinda funny.

Roman?

I mean I'm still great.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So I think the bolded is sorta the issue here, more than the character's inclusion in the current happenings. End of the day it really isn't trying to make you, specifically, care. As noted, this is for the people who liked her- of which there seems to be a considerable amount.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

I had to literally look up when she was introduced because she made no impression on me with her like two lines of dialogue. I don't really move in anime fandom circles so her being a fan favourite is entirely news to me.

So, she had a bit part in the hero rankings ceremony about 80 chapters ago and, as far as I can tell, this is her first appearance since then. Forgive me if I don't feel invested in her story based off that build.

As I said, I'm not complaining about the sequence in of itself; it's cool and all and Mirko is likable enough but it feels... weirdly hollow?

Giving this level of serious moment to a hero whom we had seen or encountered more than literally once ever would feel a bit more earned. Mirko has no real connections to the main cast or the plot so there's a limit to how much I can care about her dramatic fight stuff. I really don't understand the comment of her not having the moment making the world feel small, there's a butt-ton of other heroes whom we have spoken to more, seen more of, or have actual relationships with the main cast to choose from. Why not give them a push?
    I'd say the lack of connection to the main heroes actually gives Mirko an narrative advantage. Because she doesn't have those connections, Horikoshi doesn't lose much if he kills her off, which adds an element of danger to her scenario that wouldn't be present for someone like Endeavor. Endeavor's got too many Narrative hooks left for the audience to be worried about him here.

Additionally, Mirko is already popular with the audience, so putting her in danger gets the audience invested. You phrased it as this being an attempt to sell Mirko to the audience, make them care about her, but it's not. The wider audience already cared about her, this is Horikoshi taking advantage of that fact.

Obviously none of that makes it better for you, since you didn't care about her before, but I hope it helps you understand the context more.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.