Page 849 of 2458 FirstFirst ... 34974979983984584684784884985085185285385989994913491849 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,735 of 36861
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Contrast this to Harry Potter, for example, where ONLY people born with the special magic gift can EVER learn magic.

Even if they're crappy at it, they're still viewed as better than 'Muggles' (and what a name that is...rather derogatory, isn't it?).
    Ehh, it is mentioned few times in the books that only people who really think that the magically gifted a better than muggles are those that stick to older traditions and ways of thinking. And if the magical community wants to properly survive they do have to interact with muggles and live with them. They're admittedly not great at it in general. But looking down on muggles is generally seen as varying degrees poor behavior.

As I always kinda equated muggle with calling somebody from Sweden a swede or somebody from the UK a brit. Less derogatory and more shorthand for "person that can't use magic".

Extraordinary Member

Huh, so there's going to be a new Digimon Adventure anime, and it might be a reboot.

Extraordinary Member

Pretty sure it's definitely a remake

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean you say that's not what you're doing, but latch back onto the "boy is it eugenics-y". Which is... kinda my point.
    Oh I see. I didn't realise that thinking eugenics is bad was a hot enough take that it would cause people to feel inferior compared to the raw thrusting power of my galaxy brained intellect.

It's so clear to me now. Thank you Cthulhu for keeping my rampant ego in check with your humble sense of detachment.

Were I at home with access with Photoshop, I would make a catty version of the galaxy brain meme.

Alas, and perhaps fortunately for my chances of not getting told off by Guy for being rude, I am on the train home from an excellent gig.

You'll have to settle for my stinging disapproval expressed in mere text. Like some kind of pre-meme era troglodyte.

On the subject of the excellent gig, I would highly recommend people check out the band Fresh.

Check out their new album here. It's very good.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 03-06-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Everybody hug now!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Also, Giant Brain.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Everybody hug now!

You know, my one big complaint about volume 7 is that Penny and Ruby never got a scene where they just sat down and discussed that Penny's alive again and Ruby processing that sorrow of losing her friend turning into elation that she's actually alive. Just general getting reacquainted with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

You know, my one big complaint about volume 7 is that Penny and Ruby never got a scene where they just sat down and discussed that Penny's alive again and Ruby processing that sorrow of losing her friend turning into elation that she's actually alive. Just general getting reacquainted with one another.
    Agreed, the season really needed more downtime with Penny with the crew telling her their stories since Beacon.

Fighting the Nuckelavee, fighting a crazy scorpion man, everything about Hazel, Ruby's silver eyes, Blake and Yang killing Adam, fighting a mecha, stealing an Atlas airship, etc. All kinds of fun stories!

What would be interesting is if Ruby trusted her with the information about Ozcar to see some internal debate with Penny about whether she/they should tell Ironwood.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Everybody hug now!
    In a statement that will instantly date me, I’m hearing this sentence in the style of C+C Music Factory.

BANNED

Agreed, the season really needed more downtime with Penny with the crew telling her their stories since Beacon.

Fighting the Nuckelavee, fighting a crazy scorpion man, everything about Hazel, Ruby's silver eyes, Blake and Yang killing Adam, fighting a mecha, stealing an Atlas airship, etc. All kinds of fun stories!

What would be interesting is if Ruby trusted her with the information about Ozcar to see some internal debate with Penny about whether she/they should tell Ironwood.
    Miles and Kerry jump through hoops to avoid giving Ruby actual focus and development. So I'm not surprised that Ruby didn't get that much with Penny in V7. I don't have a hate boner for M&K or their writing, but their disdain for Ruby is painfully obvious at this point.

Anyway if I can bring up something in regards to the chosen one narrative again and I'm mainly saying this because I bought it up twice and got ignored both times. The argument completely ignores chosen one narratives were it's the heroes virtues that make them the chosen one.

Case in point Billy Batson/Captain Marvel/Shazam, is a chosen one. And in his stories he isn't the chosen one because of some destiny he was born with, he is the chosen one because of the virtues and qualities he possess as person.

As for the other type of chosen one narrative, while I can understand a lot of the problems people have with them, I don't really see any eugenics, apart from the ones were a characters bloodline is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Were I at home with access with Photoshop, I would make a catty version of the galaxy brain meme.

Alas, and perhaps fortunately for my chances of not getting told off by Guy for being rude, I am on the train home from an excellent gig.

You'll have to settle for my stinging disapproval expressed in mere text. Like some kind of pre-meme era troglodyte.
    For someone who spouts their opinion about everything and everything, your ability to comprehend what's being said boggles the mind.

I did appreciate the way you went straight to cattiness, and bragging. How very progressive of you.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Everybody hug now!
    I'll settle for a smile and a wave. I'm not one for physical contact.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Miles and Kerry jump through hoops to avoid giving Ruby actual focus and development. So I'm not surprised that Ruby didn't get that much with Penny in V7. I don't have a hate boner for M&K or their writing, but their disdain for Ruby is painfully obvious at this point.

Anyway if I can bring up something in regards to the chosen one narrative again and I'm mainly saying this because I bought it up twice and got ignored both times. The argument completely ignores chosen one narratives were it's the heroes virtues that make them the chosen one.

Case in point Billy Batson/Captain Marvel/Shazam, is a chosen one. And in his stories he isn't the chosen one because of some destiny he was born with, he is the chosen one because of the virtues and qualities he possess as person.

As for the other type of chosen one narrative, while I can understand a lot of the problems people have with them, I don't really see any eugenics, apart from the ones were a characters bloodline is involved.
    I would disagree that Ruby didn't get any focus in Volume 7