Page 860 of 2467 FirstFirst ... 36076081085085685785885986086186286386487091096013601860 ... LastLast
Results 12,886 to 12,900 of 36997

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

So Romantic!
    Y'know, unnatural dialogue aside, Padme x Anakin doesn't seem so awkward and forced by comparison.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Y'know, unnatural dialogue aside, Padme x Anakin doesn't seem so awkward and forced by comparison.
    Annie and Padme did spend years together after all and they knew each other, plus Annie wasn't evil from the word go, so you can accept them falling in love together easier.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Annie and Padme did spend years together after all and they knew each other, plus Annie wasn't evil from the word go, so you can accept them falling in love together easier.
    also, you can explain away why it felt odd when you take into account that anakin didn't have a good grasp on social graces, given how he was raised in the temple. you'd sound a little awkward too if you were taught to not feel emotions to the degree of form attachments.

gentlemen, behold!

LE CHAMPION.jpg

the chris jericho "a little bit of the bubbly" belt of le champion.

this is what you will all go to war for.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    also, you can explain away why it felt odd when you take into account that anakin didn't have a good grasp on social graces, given how he was raised in the temple. you'd sound a little awkward too if you were taught to not feel emotions to the degree of form attachments.
    Not to mention he was a slave kid on a desert planet. Not a lot of room there to socialize with people besides Watto, his mom and the kids.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

gentlemen, behold!

LE CHAMPION.jpg

Let the war begin!

This is gonna be fun!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

gentlemen, behold!

LE CHAMPION.jpg

...That is beauty right there. The prestige of this title will be like the breadsticks at Olive Garden. Unlimited.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

the houston livestock show and rodeo has been cancelled.
    Yeah, Austin canceled other shows so....Damn, Coronavirus is quite the crazies.

...I did avoided that bullet during the two day delay at Beijing weeks back.

Extraordinary Member

Edens Zero: Ok so spoilers:
    time travel
    end of spoilers might be involved as well.

I'm not surprised. But I wonder if it's spoilers:
    the type that create alternate timelines or the type that doesn't.
    end of spoilers

Either way, with how a lot of things are setup this is quite the interesting development.

First off, glad to see you're back, MoR. Hope things are getting better for you.

As for the Star Wars sequel trilogy+, since everyone's giving their opinions, I'll do the same.

Rogue One: The first one I saw of this bunch. I understand why some may not enjoy it, but I felt that the lack of knowledge of the cast and frantic pace of the story works towards the immersion of a ragtag group of nobodies who would be forgotten despite their heroic deeds. Between treating the Force like a mystical force of nature once again and the space battle, I actually felt a bit of the magic from the original Star Wars once again, even if it was for just a few minutes. The Vader scene was just icing on the cake.

TFA: A solid movie, but it felt pretty blatant in its nostaglia-baiting. Without the answers they were keeping for the sequels and the rest of the answers they would later explain in non-movie formats, characters like Phasma felt pointless (especially since we had TR-8R) and Rey felt borderline Mary-Sueish. Overall a good movie, but it was lukewarm to me.

TLJ: A mixed bag here. I think this one had a lot of potential with some minor tweaks (like if Luke's disgruntled and cynical nature was an act, mimicking Yoda's initial crazy old hermit behavior, for example) but I think a lot of the "twists" could have made for some interesting treks into uncharted territory in the narrative had some thought been put into it and RoS attempted to follow through.

RoS: Haven't seen it in its entirety, but what I saw told me I wasn't going to enjoy it so I have no substantial opinion on it.

Mandalorian: Pure gold as of season 1. I've always found Star Wars more interesting when the Jedi and Sith were placed on the backburner and we got to explore the universe more at the ground-level and a space western was just the scratch to fulfill that need.

Extraordinary Member

I still find it amuzing that Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe is kinda canon for these games.

caught with clone wars.

say hello to clone force 99, aka "the bad batch".

a special commando unit made up of clones with genetic mutations that seperated them from normal clones, or as they themselves call, "regs"

cross-hair, the sniper, gifted with enhanced sight.

wrecker, the muscle, gifted with enhanced strength.

tech, the brains, gifted with enhanced mental skills and intelligence.

and their leader, hunter, gifted with enhanced senses but really, he's just star wars rambo.

Raiden:"You remind me of another dark knight."

Spawn: "The billion-dollar crusader? He's a friend."

Me: I'm surprised that you would still think so since he split your skull open with a batarang and was a massive asshole to you throughout your crossover. Plus, that was Crazy Steve, not the real Batman(unless you mean that other crossover where you teamed up against Joker and Clown).
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

i do hope this new issue of thor means that sif and bill are getting back together.