Page 866 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 36676681685686286386486586686786886987087691696613661866 ... LastLast
Results 12,976 to 12,990 of 36875
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I showed my husband the first minute of this video and he said that he found reading the reviewers' shirt more interesting than the review. I kinda disagreed, the book is insanely bad, the shirt is interesting, but I think the reviewer does a good job.
    krim is good people. really deserves that silver play button.

also, he will be in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    new one piece out.

looks like dark called it. (at least i think it was dark)
    It was me lol. And it looks to be even better than I thought!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    It was me lol. And it looks to be even better than I thought!
    my mistake. don't remember much about that week. lol

Promised Neverland.

So I decided to check out what's up in the manga despite only seeing the first season, lol, basically for a laugh and I got a serious surprise.

In short?

spoilers:

Isabella: "Surprise Bitch, I Bet You Thought You'd Seen The Last of Me."

So yeah, turns out Mama Isabella has finally returned, has another group of women apparently working under her, and she's packing heat now. And they've got the kids cornered.
    end of spoilers

I am definitely going to have to check out the rest to see how they get there.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Y’know, I’m glad we’ve had the past four years to remind us what utter shitbags we are as a species, because otherwise I’d have been savagely disappointed by humanity’s behaviour in the face of this pandemic.

As it is, all I can muster is a resigned sigh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Y’know, I’m glad we’ve had the past four years to remind us what utter shitbags we are as a species, because otherwise I’d have been savagely disappointed by humanity’s behaviour in the face of this pandemic.

Maybe we are shitbags as a species, but it's funny how all the people who spout that kind of stuff, see themselves as the exception.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I’m actually offended at being called that, to be honest.

I’ve never seen the point in such a pessimistic outlook. Yeah, some people are crappy: the vast majority really aren’t.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I’m actually offended at being called that, to be honest.

I’ve never seen the point in such a pessimistic outlook. Yeah, some people are crappy: the vast majority really aren’t.
    I don't find it offensive, so much as find it arrogant and hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    I don't find it offensive, so much as find it arrogant and hypocritical.
    I meant offensive on our species behalf, not really personally. My wording was a bit poor, sorry.

Species wise, I know we’ve done some bad things: but the vast majority of people, of our actual species, are just trying to make do and live their life every day.

This current fear mongering/panic with the Corona Virus is bad, no doubt, and some people are being crappysacks. But to cast everyone under that title because the foolishness of some seems extreme.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Just a note: obviously Beadle is allowed his own opinion, and my posts weren’t meant as a contentious response or attack.

I’ve just had this conversation before with other people.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

When others are shitbags, it just means we have to try harder not to be. There are those who are imperfect but strive to do better. Then there are those who are convinced that they are perfect and do everything in their power to be as imperfect as possible, just because (reasons vary from idiot to idiot).

If things were as bad as you say, we'd be extinct as of the last pandemic. The fact that so many people are taking this seriously. That here in the US, despite some leaders best efforts to screw it up, people are still self-isolating in mass numbers. Society is shutting down long enough for it to be placed under control.

Yeah, there will always be shitbags, but the majority of humanity, the ones that don't make the evening news, generally aren't.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I probably was being extreme, but humanity’s capacity for being dicks to each other in the name of self-interest is just beyond my capacity to grasp at times. It’s like civilisation and the concept of a society is just a mask hiding the feral crap underneath. And no, TLD, I’m not exempting myself from any of that. I’ve done some shitbag stuff of my own over the years; stuff I’m really not proud of, and I’m not putting myself on any sort of pedestal.

Of course, I also often get surprised by our capacity for kindness as well.

It’s just it’s times like this when you’re kind of expecting society to be a bit more mutually supportive. Or you’d hope for that.

It wasn’t my intention to offend anyone or come across as high-handed, so if that’s the case, I’m sorry. Just venting frustration.

I probably was being extreme, but humanity’s capacity for being dicks to each other in the name of self-interest is just beyond my capacity to grasp at times. It’s like civilisation and the concept of a society is just a mask hiding the feral crap underneath. And no, TLD, I’m not exempting myself from any of that. I’ve done some shitbag stuff of my own over the years; stuff I’m really not proud of, and I’m not putting myself on any sort of pedestal.

It’s just it’s times like this when you’re kind of expecting society to be a bit more mutually supportive. Or you’d hope for that.

It wasn’t my intention to offend anyone or come across as high-handed, so if that’s the case, I’m sorry. Just venting frustration.
    One of the benfits of having friends, even online ones, is that we all understand the need to vent and are usually very supportive of it. So vent away.

I've interacted with more than my share of the kinds of people you speak of. Strangely, the more I do the harder I try not to be like them, as much as possible. I am sure there are plenty of others out there like this as well.

I understand. You expect better of people.

It’s all good.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM