Page 867 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 36776781785786386486586686786886987087187791796713671867 ... LastLast
Results 12,991 to 13,005 of 36576

[
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Why though?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I thought this was a fun ride to watch.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

So it turns out that not only can Jetting be used in space but morphed rangers can also hang out in deep space.
    So that's cool.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

a shame this series never got finished.

the battle of yoshi's island was epic as ****.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

: Sees the Beadle and Cleric thing on human nature.:

Why do you think I play pretend as “ Dark” Overlord on a thread on a message board discussing fiction?

Seriously man. I grew up bright eyed and full of hope. I saved lives on three occasions, I tried to find and be the best hope that is in Humanity. Hell I try to be a example of it.

It is not just Humanity itself that is flawed, it’s the system. Yeah I said it. ( This next piece is my deepest darkest spiritual scar so a opinion. Just a opinion.)

I see our maker as a uncaring figure who created us all to worship “it” ( not him or her) and if we fail to do so. We are punished. For the “sin” of rebelling. Hell if you do your job you are punished to amuse the bastard. Because it is easily bored due to being eternal. I say, let the obvlion come, let it be wiped all away, it is better off that way.

Note:

I speak for having the faith in humanity literally getting the **** kicked out of me, I speak having faith in family being taken away ( how they did and the discovery my own blood line includes some of the most evil bastards of my home town.) and having my faith in a benevolent divine being taken away. ( So many of my loved ones taken, good people dying, such bad taking over the world, being placed in mental place due to hifh point of my faith, and my declining mental function.)

Lastly. I doubt my own inner good nature anymore as the biggest amount of joy I have is wrecking **** in video games, online forum games or table top. ( depends on context, table top I am well manners and not a edge lord, but those monsters and bad NPCs, I am a force of nightmares to them. While on net I embody my darkest nature. It brings me joy. Hell it is not even that dark. Given I may throw around power and some killing, but always give “targets” a fighting chance.)

So yeah. That’s my rant on the darkness of reality based on 35 years of living on this rock.

Edit

Music:

https://youtu.be/H23LoZSdywc

I picked it because I think it is sad and powerful. The whole blood lines theme and can relate to Richter in falling out.

Extraordinary Member

Ok, so Seven Deadly Sins seems to be wrapping up... again.

I wonder if it's for real this time or if we should one more last arc. Because man, that Chaos bit turned out to be pretty underwhelming in the end.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru is...Surprisingly pleasant of a manga.

None of that characters are dense to the point of frustration like most romance comedies. I mean of course, nobody ever outright confesses but nobody doesn't completely act like a clueless dumbass.

Nozaki-kun doesn't count...It's just too hilarious regarding the denseness and I just don't see it as romance comedy. Just comedy.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

if we're talking about manga, I am attempting to read The Ravages of Time for like... the fifth time.

I just can't with this thing. I've heard a lot of good stuff about it but everytime I try to read it I stall out.

I'm going to try to persevere but I just keep bouncing off it.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    if we're talking about manga, I am attempting to read The Ravages of Time for like... the fifth time.

I just can't with this thing. I've heard a lot of good stuff about it but everytime I try to read it I stall out.

I'm going to try to persevere but I just keep bouncing off it.
    I...Just can't blame you on that one.

The Ravages of Time is pretty impressive but oh god, it is a lot of crap to take in. My head hurts of how much stuff was in it and I should probably expect to keep notes.

And Nik, not sure if I said it before, but thank you for telling Tekken Chinmi in the past. It's just a fun read all the time and kinda helped inspired me of the martial arts in my own writing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Black Clover: spoilers:
    So, a couple of things. Unfortunately, Gauche isn't a mirror clone however it looks like there's a small window of opportunity to save his life(we also got a small GxG moment in this chapter that may hint that Grey may learn a new spell to save his life). We learn that Dante's devil is called Lucifer and that Asta's devil is from a weaker caste of devils among the demon realm. Asta finally manages to nick Dante with an enormous Black Slash, but all it managed to do is piss him off.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's just Lucifer who assumes that Asta's devil is of a lower rank. But I wouldn't be surprised if Asta's devil is unrankable because of his anti-magic, much like how Asta is in a dark tier in the Heart kingdom's ranking system. And I'm pretty certain it's Asta's ki training that allowed him to sense where Dante would appear, so it's nice that his training is shining through even in his berserk form.
    end of spoilers

One Piece: Good reveal. Very twisted in how all-encompassing it is. It'll make the coming asswhuppings even more delicious.

We're off to a good start on that front as well. I've honestly been dying to see what Kidd can do against ships for a long while now. Magneto-ish powers in a One Piece setting has lots of cool potential.

My Hero Academia: As much as people call him a Deadpool clone, Twice is an absolutely fascinating and tragic character in his own right (it's only the costume that's similar). His intense loyalty to the League and their goals shine through in this chapter as he's put in the position of a victim while Hawks for all his good intentions looks like the more villainous of the two throughout the conversation.

And here comes Dabi.

Lots of heroes (old and new) get to show off as they're taking down hordes of PLF members while Re-Destro is getting super stressed and super strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Ok, so Seven Deadly Sins seems to be wrapping up... again.

I wonder if it's for real this time or if we should one more last arc. Because man, that Chaos bit turned out to be pretty underwhelming in the end.
    I did enjoy the fake out though. I was reading the chapter and was like, "oh, that was succinct to the point of feeling like a cancellation,"

Not gonna lie I got got.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    I...Just can't blame you on that one.

The Ravages of Time is pretty impressive but oh god, it is a lot of crap to take in. My head hurts of how much stuff was in it and I should probably expect to keep notes.

And Nik, not sure if I said it before, but thank you for telling Tekken Chinmi in the past. It's just a fun read all the time and kinda helped inspired me of the martial arts in my own writing.
    Ah, glad you're enjoying it. Chinmi is an exceptional series. Like benchmark classic shonen stuff. I've not fallen off Ravages yet, I've latched onto Diao Chan as particularly interesting character this time so I'm just about keeping up.

Also, the Kimetsu no Yaiba final boss fight continues to be the hypest **** in the world. I really hope they get to this in the anime eventually because it has been brutal but also thoroughly earned.

I would also agree DS7, while I'm generally very medium on MHA as a whole, Twice is a real stand out of a character.

There's so much tragedy in him. I think the Deadpool comparison is fair but I would limit it to Classic Deadpool before he got extremely fourth wall break-y; funny, goofy but also profoundly sad and fundamentally broken inside.