Page 878 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 37877882886887487587687787887988088188288892897813781878 ... LastLast
Results 13,156 to 13,170 of 36575

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

watching max play RE3 remake demo.

nemmy is gonna be a problem.

Incredible Member

So I'm on my second week of working from home due to the coronavirus. As I understand it, limiting contact with other people is the prudent thing to do during this pandemic to help flatten the curve of potential infectees, and I've managed to do a pretty good job of it, only having face to face contact with another human being once by accident, and still, we were pretty far away from each other.

I believe that the isolation is starting to get to me a little. Yesterday, I felt really depressed. Like, there was a weight on my consciousness pointing out all of my imperfections, trying to get me to feel hopeless that I could ever fix them, that I was useless and that no one cared about me. It didn't work. I shrugged it off, but it's interesting to me just how quickly I'm losing it. I thought that I had it more together than that.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    So I'm on my second week of working from home due to the coronavirus. As I understand it, limiting contact with other people is the prudent thing to do during this pandemic to help flatten the curve of potential infectees, and I've managed to do a pretty good job of it, only having face to face contact with another human being once by accident, and still, we were pretty far away from each other.

I believe that the isolation is starting to get to me a little. Yesterday, I felt really depressed. Like, there was a weight on my consciousness pointing out all of my imperfections, trying to get me to feel hopeless that I could ever fix them, that I was useless and that no one cared about me. It didn't work. I shrugged it off, but it's interesting to me just how quickly I'm losing it. I thought that I had it more together than that.
    Isolation is brutal. I'm working from home for four days now, and I have my wife, and we’re both feeling a little bit off. Can you FaceTime? Skype? You might want to call someone up. Hang in there, man.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 03-19-2020 at 06:13 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'm very grateful for my housemates during this time. I know, from experience, that being alone for extended periods of time causes me to get very down and depressed. As an extrovert, I need human contact to recharge myself so I'm treating the current situation very carefully.

I echo Sharp, reach out to people. If you can do a communal activity in a digital space that really helps lift you I've found.

While the community here isn't going to be enough to be your total support, we can offer some form of social space.

Maybe make some dumb fights, take your mind off things.

Samurai 8 got cancelled. I liked it.

It was like something I've always wanted in a shounen after Naruto(which will always have a special place in my heart, as it got me into anime and manga.) Not a dumb loudmouthed protagonist, no rival that is or becomes as or sometimes even more important than the protagonist, a love interest that isn't an abusive bit- sorry, tsundere, or mostly just played for laughs, instead doing an honest to god attempt at serious romance.

Now, I'm definitely not saying having these things automatically makes it better than other or even good. But I still liked the freshness it brought.

bonecrusher never forgave blackbeard for getting ace killed and mercing whitebeard.

mixmaster promised fox he'd wash his arwing while he was away.

So, God of High School is finally getting a legitimate anime adaptation. Don't know how to feel about that since I fell off the wagon and never looked back after the story started becoming more disjointed and dwelling into Dragon Ball Z territory. Oh, and Mira: can't forget the character derailment of Mira.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, God of High School is finally getting a legitimate anime adaptation. Don't know how to feel about that since I fell off the wagon and never looked back after the story started becoming more disjointed and dwelling into Dragon Ball Z territory. Oh, and Mira: can't forget the character derailment of Mira.
    As someone who is still up to date and reading it... yeah, the Ragnarok War arc was the last time the series was legitimately good. There was then a timeskip, the tone shifted a fair amount, Mira's character got utterly assassinated and it's been... I mean I'm reading it but that just might be the fallacy of sunk costs at this point.

I'm up for the anime. First couple of story arcs are really good and fun! But I couldn't, in good faith, wholly recommend the manga at this point.

not a big fan of how they are trying to make park as a sympathetic villain.

and while i understand why gen-X are loyal to him, it still makes them look like morons to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    As someone who is still up to date and reading it... yeah, the Ragnarok War arc was the last time the series was legitimately good. There was then a timeskip, the tone shifted a fair amount, Mira's character got utterly assassinated and it's been... I mean I'm reading it but that just might be the fallacy of sunk costs at this point.

I'm up for the anime. First couple of story arcs are really good and fun! But I couldn't, in good faith, wholly recommend the manga at this point.
    Out of curiosity, why are you still sticking to the series, if you don't mind my asking? Is there still some good substance to the series left or is it more out of a completionist obligation?
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 03-19-2020 at 12:35 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Out of curiosity, why are you still sticking to the series, if you don't mind my asking? Is there still some good substance to the series left or is it more out of a completionist obligation?
    Eh... a couple of reasons.

1) The art, from time to time, can be really nice. I'll also file that like... two or three of the fight scenes post timeskip have been pretty fun.
    2) The series is telegraphing that Mira might get back to her old self and I would like to see that because she's my favourite character.
    3) Fallacy of sunk costs, I've been reading it this long and I don't hate it enough to not read it. I think once I've gotten my teeth into something far enough, it has to work pretty hard to lose me. Promised Neverland, for example, lost me comparatively early on so stopping wasn't a big deal.
    4) This is kind of a subset of #3 but GoH isn't exactly hard to read. It asks very little of me as a reader and it takes up very little brainspace to ingest it. Again, Promised Neverland required a lot of engagement from its readers, which is both good and bad. I didn't really like the series and it asked quite a lot of me to read. GoH never gets deep or real or even complex enough to make an impression.

It's like a low calorie junk food snack. I probably shouldn't be eating it but it's only a little thing that I have once in a while.

I think that's why I'm still reading.

Extraordinary Member

Have you considered getting a pet?

New Omega chapter is out and we finally get to see more Purgatory fighters. A lot of silhouettes but they look cool.