Page 883 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 38378383387387988088188288388488588688789393398313831883 ... LastLast
Results 13,231 to 13,245 of 36875

Out of curiosity, how would Sojiro rate in Demon Slayer?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    You might as well put Alex Mercer in it, Joe would be way too overpowered for that stuff, he'd just punch through everything
    Or Doomguy/Slayer, who I doubt Nemesis could even hurt if being shot out of a giant railgun and through a space station barely phased him.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

if you are from houston, you know who he is. if not, let me enlighten you.

this is jim mcinvale, aka, mattress mack. he owns and operates the biggest mattress store in houston, gallery furnature. my parents bought my first bed from his story because i loved the commercials he was in. he was with us when the rockets won back to back world championships and when the astros won the world series. but most importantly, he was there for us when **** got bad. like when harvey came through and dump a crap ton of water on us, mack came through and turned his story into a shelter for people to stay safe. and now he's offering to feed families affected by this outbreak, straight out of his pocket.

this man is a saint and more people outside of houston need to know about this dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Speaking of which, Nemmy has Plagas powers and a Sonic Shout now too.

Also he's apparently Spider-Man.
    Shout is new. I thought Nemmy was just a Tyrant prototype due to having plazas parasite with tyrant virus in tyrant mode?

( Thats why 4 happened. Saddler was actually Umbrella management who knew of the Plagas to make a cult out of them so the enemies there are nemesis style zombies, complete with tentacles.)

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

To Read,

...Yeah, you convinced me. This dude's pretty awesome, especially with what's going on these days.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Shout is new. I thought Nemmy was just a Tyrant prototype due to having plazas parasite with tyrant virus in tyrant mode?

( Thats why 4 happened. Saddler was actually Umbrella management who knew of the Plagas to make a cult out of them so the enemies there are nemesis style zombies, complete with tentacles.)

Nemesis is basically an upgraded Tyrant with the Nemesis Parasite inserted into it, which is where the tentacles come from. Nemesis Alpha, or the "NE-α Type" was a parasitic species genetically-engineered by Umbrella Europe. Though useless for its physical capacity as a B.O.W., the Nemesis Project staff created this species as a work-around for brain damage and mental retardation, a common result of t-Virus infection. In successful parasitisation processes, NE-α demonstrate human-level intelligence and self-awareness, and could manipulate its host into handling weapons.

Umbrella USA created not only the T-002, but a series of genetically altered clones dubbed the "T-103"s. The destruction of the Arklay Laboratory following a biological disaster presented Umbrella with fresh concerns as to the reliability of its products after it emerged a small police team had not only succeeded in killing the failed and outdated prototypes but the T-002 itself. Restarting the Nemesis Project, Umbrella Europe requisitioned several of the new T-103 clones to serve as test subjects. The NE-α parasites planted within their bodies succeeded in hijacking brain functions without killing the hosts, which is how we got Nemmy.

Incidentially, the parasite was also inserted into poor Lisa Trevor...because evil. Due to Trevor's unique physiology which emerged from prior mutations, the parasite was rejected by her immune system and killed, with elements of its genome being spliced into Trevor's. Further investigation ruled this to be the work of the Golgotha Virus, leading to the subsequent G-Virus Project. Leading to William Birkin. Leading to Resident Evil 2. Leading to a city being nuked.

Parasites ruin everything.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    To Read,

...Yeah, you convinced me. This dude's pretty awesome, especially with what's going on these days.
    it should be noted that during harvey, joel olsteen, the pastor of lake wood church, one of the biggest mega churches in the country, didn't open the doors to his church until someone reported on it in the news. mack had already turned his store into a relief shelter as billions of gallons of water rained on Houston.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post

Saddler, the cult, and plagas had nothing to do with umbrella.
    Osmund Saddler

For a long time in the region of this game's setting there has been a religious organization, the Los Iluminados cult, he learned the strange power once used by the cult and through the cooperation of the charismatic current feudal lord Ramon Salazar, intends to introduce his and the cult's power everywhere with an "innovative missionary method" with the intent to rule the entire world starting with the United States of America.

Key point: Los Iluminados

A religious community was active for a long time in the certain European village Ashley was imprisoned in--- the Los Iluminados cult. The cult took the name "The Enlightened Ones" and increases its followers using a special method from ancient times, but rather than faith it is the master who completely rules over the hearts and souls of the believers... the specific properties vanished following intense oppression from the first feudal lord. However the current feudal lord Ramon Salazar became a believer and after beginning total cooperation, the cult's power spread through the whole village and now all of the villagers have become believers. The current master Saddler holds dangerous ideas that will enable this power to penetrate the whole world, and his involvement in the Ashley kidnapping case is also significantly suspected.
    Ramon was a descendent of the rulers of this area from ages ago, and even in the 21st century in which such sovereign rulers were all but extinct, his was one family that had continued to hold de facto power over a large and fertile region. He could even be called the king of this land. From the time they were born, the villagers had no choice but to declare their loyalty to the Salazar family. Unless they made a decision to never return to their hometown again, there was no escaping the ages-old convention of being tied to the land.

In return for this right of holding a high stature, and ruling/financial power, families normally were responsible for protecting the people. They were obligated to use force to fight off outside attacking enemies, and to fairly judge crimes within the land, treat the citizens well, and lead them to peaceful lives. In the most ideal case, they should firmly deny their own status as rules continuing to live in the old ways because such responsibilities are being managed by the national government in modern days. If they don’t, such families in the region are nothing more than parasites sucking the blood from the poor.

In the past, the Salazar family sealed away the Plaga, which was a dangerous indigenous creature, and fought against the dark cult of Los Illuminados, who worshiped this power. While people were enticed by Saddler’s charming charisma, the contemporary Ramon did the forbidden and released the Plaga, exposed the innocent villagers to become living sacrifices, and this caused Leon to harbor unspeakable anger.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it should be noted that during harvey, joel olsteen, the pastor of lake wood church, one of the biggest mega churches in the country, didn't open the doors to his church until someone reported on it in the news. mack had already turned his store into a relief shelter as billions of gallons of water rained on Houston.
    ...Seriously, this guy needs more props doing such great work for the community.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Or Doomguy/Slayer, who I doubt Nemesis could even hurt if being shot out of a giant railgun and through a space station barely phased him.
    Doom Slayer considers Nemesis a mid-tier boss. At best. If Doom Slayer has the BFG-9000, then Nemesis isn't even that.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Welp, it's time to count'em.

Kenny Rogers has passed away at age 81

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

Oh damn that sucks.

I picked up The Resistance and Archangel 8 by AWA studios. I’m looking forward to reading more. Also it’s great to see JMS back in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

Remembered watching this when they showed the Muppet Show on Disney when I was a kid.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis