Page 885 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 38578583587588188288388488588688788888989593598513851885 ... LastLast
Results 13,261 to 13,275 of 36885
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

james rolfe and the gang did a comparison vid on kung pow vs. kung fu hustle.

i don't think it's fair to compare them since they are two different movies. kung fu hustle is more of an action-comedy while kung pow is just a straight-up comedy.

watching the dub of "one piece: stampede".

fujitora and morgans got some pretty good voices.

scrapper didn't know how to tell them they didn't capture optimus prime.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    james rolfe and the gang did a comparison vid on kung pow vs. kung fu hustle.

i don't think it's fair to compare them since they are two different movies. kung fu hustle is more of an action-comedy while kung pow is just a straight-up comedy.
    While they are different, mainly in that Kung Pow is a parody, I don't think that a comparison is unfair. They're both inspired by old martial arts movies and add different but exaggerated elements to the typical format. Over the top action that could on be produced with CGI for Kung Fu Hustle, and absurdist comedy for Kung Pow. I'd say that there some merit in looking at them side by side, even if they go for different genres.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    While they are different, mainly in that Kung Pow is a parody, I don't think that a comparison is unfair. They're both inspired by old martial arts movies and add different but exaggerated elements to the typical format. Over the top action that could on be produced with CGI for Kung Fu Hustle, and absurdist comedy for Kung Pow. I'd say that there some merit in looking at them side by side, even if they go for different genres.
    but one can say that you can take the plot of kung fu hustle somewhat seriously since it has a more cohesive story and character arc. you can't say that about kung pow. i dare say that kung pow was to abridging what sweet home was to survival horror games. they are similarities but IMO, not enough to warrant a direct comparison. i love both movies but for different reasons.

Extraordinary Member

Black Clover: spoilers:
    Huh, did not expect Grey and Gauche to have that kind of connection. And it looks like Len will get his wish on that shipping front.

Not sure what Grey did to Gauche's wound, but there's plenty she should be able to do with transformation magic.

The chapter cliffhanger gives us the showdown I've been expecting since Dante showed up.
    end of spoilers

My Hero Academia: Well, that's a bad cliffhanger.

spoilers:
    Tokoyami gets the week's power display by using a darkness fueled Dark Shadow to throw down with Re-Destro himself, who only lost because his artificial legs gave out. But still, a very impressive display on Tokoyami's part.

Hawk's prodigal speed and training gets the better of Twice's raw numbers. But he totally left himself open to Dabi, and the only reason Hawks is alive and not a burnt crisp now is plot armor. But it's nice to see that Dabi does care about his League friends. And don't worry Twice, I'm sure that Toga and the rest will forgive you.
    end of spoilers

One Piece: ...so the day is saved not by a clever plan or epic display of power. But by Kinemon being just a bit dumb.

This is why One Piece is still the number one manga in Japan.

SPY X FAMILY: Just a simple chapter about cooking lessons and connecting with your past and appreciating the present. It is delightful.

Black Clover: spoilers:
    Huh, did not expect Grey and Gauche to have that kind of connection. And it looks like Len will get his wish on that shipping front.

Not sure what Grey did to Gauche's wound, but there's plenty she should be able to do with transformation magic.

The chapter cliffhanger gives us the showdown I've been expecting since Dante showed up.
    end of spoilers

My Hero Academia: Well, that's a bad cliffhanger.

spoilers:
    Tokoyami gets the week's power display by using a darkness fueled Dark Shadow to throw down with Re-Destro himself, who only lost because his artificial legs gave out. But still, a very impressive display on Tokoyami's part.

Hawk's prodigal speed and training gets the better of Twice's raw numbers. But he totally left himself open to Dabi, and the only reason Hawks is alive and not a burnt crisp now is plot armor. But it's nice to see that Dabi does care about his League friends. And don't worry Twice, I'm sure that Toga and the rest will forgive you.
    end of spoilers

One Piece: ...so the day is saved not by a clever plan or epic display of power. But by Kinemon being just a bit dumb.

This is why One Piece is still the number one manga in Japan.

SPY X FAMILY: Just a simple chapter about cooking lessons and connecting with your past and appreciating the present. It is delightful.
    new spy X family is out?

excuse me for a moment or two. teehee

Extraordinary Member

new spy X family is out?

excuse me for a moment or two. teehee
    *high fives*

SPY x FAMILY is so good!!!

Extraordinary Member

but one can say that you can take the plot of kung fu hustle somewhat seriously since it has a more cohesive story and character arc. you can't say that about kung pow. i dare say that kung pow was to abridging what sweet home was to survival horror games. they are similarities but IMO, not enough to warrant a direct comparison. i love both movies but for different reasons.
    I'd actually say that Kung Pow has perfectly cohesive story and arc for the main character.

It's bargin bin basic hero's journey style story with tons of goofy ass humor. But it has a perfectly fine narrative structure and a workable (if, again, very goofy) internal logic.

They may be on different ends of the serious/comedy spectrum, but just the fact that both movies are inspired by old martial art movies makes a direct comparison worthwhile if you ask me.

I should actually watch that video to see just how James compares them.

Extraordinary Member

Kin'emon is truly a master strategist.

I'd actually say that Kung Pow has perfectly cohesive story and arc for the main character.

It's bargin bin basic hero's journey style story with tons of goofy ass humor. But it has a perfectly fine narrative structure and a workable (if, again, very goofy) internal logic.

They may be on different ends of the serious/comedy spectrum, but just the fact that both movies are inspired by old martial art movies makes a direct comparison worthwhile if you ask me.

I should actually watch that video to see just how James compares them.
    one of the guys says that comparing them isn't really necessary since they are both comedies but totally different styles.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    One of the best fights in the series.
    Surprisingly, I didn’t like it. One of the best wrestlers in the world gets subbed by a striker?

That’s like having a super-wrestler character outstrike a super striker.

I would have preferred to see the main character strategize to force the fight into striking territory and win that way.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 03-22-2020 at 06:24 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rock On Jiro!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Rock On Jiro!
    Jiro's great! When she goes pro I'll bet that she won't just be beating up bad guys and saving civilians, she'll totally hold charity concerts as part of her hero work as well.

The latest episode was so emotionally catharic. Between how Deku's fight with Gentle ended, the kids getting their message across to UA with their concernt and Eri having a fun day and Gentle having a possibility of redemption. Just so many feels.

And Toho Animation releasing the entire song as a music video was some brilliant icing on the cake.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 03-23-2020 at 01:24 AM.