Page 90 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990919293941001401905901090 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 36892
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post

AR OH EF EL

c
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 09-26-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I don't see the problem with them saying "These two are incredibly even and the fight could go both ways, but Nightwing's gadgets mean he can take it slightly more often"

Especially since both have feats for reacting to bullets
    Hitting bullets in mid flight with your Billie club so that it strikes the guy who fired it in the forehead and dodging greatly supersonic sniper rounds are a LONG way from “reacting to bullets”
    Last edited by Hiromi; 09-26-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    AR OH EF EL

c
    I was wondering who'd be into her, then I remembered an old cartoon:

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Ng3GgMN.jpg

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ng3GgMN.jpg

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    but the people watching might not. they shortchanged matt to make the matchup more even than it actually was. and this wasn't the first time they did such a thing so it doesn't really surprise me. infuriating but not surprising.
    No, they did not deliberately downplay Daredevil. They looked at the feats and came to the conclusion that they were very close to each other. They interpreted the feats differently than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    No, they did not deliberately downplay Daredevil. They looked at the feats and came to the conclusion that they were very close to each other. They interpreted the feats differently than you.
    No, they deliberately downplayed him, going so far as to leave out parts of his abilities, overemphasize weaknesses, and leave out specific feats so as to skew things.

It's nothing to do with 'interpretation'.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

You know, I for the most part always want the best actors/actresses to get the roles when they come up first in superhero movies. And maybe she’s an excellent actress and will surprise me, but Jurnee Smolett-Bell doesn’t even come close to looking like Black Canary.

The DCEU is very diverse already, so why do they feel the need to change her? I...just don’t understand, I guess. I mean, I’m not against it so long as she’s a killer actress and she was the best suited for the role, but there are actresses that look like Dinah AND are killer out there too, so.....

I kind of had the same problem with Zendya(sp?) as Mary Jane Watson in SM:H. It seemed like they changed her just because they could and not because she was the best actress for the role.

Mind you, I have liked several changed roles. Heimdall, Nick Fury, Hawkgirl (Legends), Iris and Joe West (Flash), etc......

It just....this one seems a bit blatant, I guess.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 09-26-2018 at 10:12 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Mind, I’ll always give an actor/actress a chance in these rolls. I even gave the Fan4stic cast the benefit of the doubt (until fifteen minutes into the movie at least). Regardless, I just hope the BoP movie is good in the end. So long as she does a good job, I’ll be happy. Dinah deserves that.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

possibly the final Xmen title produced by Fox?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

I kind of had the same problem with Zendya(sp?) as Mary Jane Watson in SM:H. It seemed like they changed her just because they could and not because she was the best actress for the role.
    Well to be fair she's not Mary Jane but Michelle J., though I do agree on not liking the initials, feels like giving her the MJ initials is either a cop out or a potential escape clause for the studio if they want to actually bring in a Mary Jane later, should have just made a new character and leave it at that, like they did with Liz Toombs
    Last edited by Hiromi; 09-26-2018 at 10:18 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

No, they deliberately downplayed him, going so far as to leave out parts of his abilities, overemphasize weaknesses, and leave out specific feats so as to skew things.

what he said.

look, i normally enjoy deathbattle as much as anyone but when they do **** like this, and they do it a lot, it's no wonder they are so many channels on youtube that constantly debunk their vids. dante vs. bayo was one. and this was one was another.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    possibly the final Xmen title produced by Fox?

Not bad. Seems they're just remaking The Last Stand with some space stuff tossed in. Will need to see more before I decide whether to see or skip.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

No, it has everything to do with interpretation. You don't get to pretend they're deliberately downplaying Daredevil just because you disagree with the result. What motive could they possibly have for doing that? Because when you say "It has nothing to do with 'interpretation'", you are expressly removing the possibility that they just got it wrong.