Page 904 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 404804854894900901902903904905906907908914954100414041904 ... LastLast
Results 13,546 to 13,560 of 36888
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Doesn't help that the main character is completely unsympathetic and the dialogue sounds like it was written by someone who hasn't been around teenagers since the nineties.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Doesn't help that the main character is completely unsympathetic and the dialogue sounds like it was written by someone who hasn't been around teenagers since the nineties.
    and the fact that she has now given the world 24-hour sunlight because "crime goes on in the dark".

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and the fact that she has now given the world 24-hour sunlight because "crime goes on in the dark".
    ...I can't help but imagine the most edgy as hell Batman would look at that and go "Oh, get over yourself" at her for saying that.
    Last edited by Iron_Twister; 04-11-2020 at 06:48 AM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Well at least the plants will like that I guess.

and BUSHROOT!! She's actually aiding and abetting a criminal guy!!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

and to top this all off, theresa put everyone to sleep for 600 years, messed up the world, and spent that time pumping out over 200 ten year old kids who wrote hundreds of scientific text for people to read. oh and the kids have no names just numbers.

dear god, that sounds so creepy.

and to top this all off, theresa put everyone to sleep for 600 years, messed up the world, and spent that time pumping out over 200 ten year old kids who wrote hundreds of scientific text for people to read. oh and the kids have no names just numbers.

dear god, that sounds so creepy.
    As someone who hasn't watched any of the book review, are we sure she's not SUPPOSED to be a creepy controlling super-tyrant? Maybe that's what the author WANTS us to think about the character.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    As someone who hasn't watched any of the book review, are we sure she's not SUPPOSED to be a creepy controlling super-tyrant? Maybe that's what the author WANTS us to think about the character.
    well I was referring to the 200 super smart ten years olds who don't act like ten years.

but nope. that's what everyone thinks at first. but norman legit thinks his book is a masterpiece that should be taught in schools alongside the classics and that theresa is a character that all people should admire and strive to be like.

well I was referring to the 200 super smart ten years olds who don't act like ten years.
    Oh that's creepy too, but in a different way. I assumed she made them that way to do the super-thinking. Which is creepy in that you make a bunch of ten year olds and then force them to be personalityless supergeniuses for you.

but nope. that's what everyone thinks at first. but norman legit thinks his book is a masterpiece that should be taught in schools alongside the classics and that theresa is a character that all people should admire and strive to be like.
    yeah, my point is; is that because he sees tyranny and controlling people like that to be a GOOD thing? And if anyone had the power they should make a bunch of super genius kids who are basically robots for the state. Or does he just not realize he made her a tyrant?

Oh that's creepy too, but in a different way. I assumed she made them that way to do the super-thinking. Which is creepy in that you make a bunch of ten year olds and then force them to be personalityless supergeniuses for you.

yeah, my point is; is that because he sees tyranny and controlling people like that to be a GOOD thing? And if anyone had the power they should make a bunch of super genius kids who are basically robots for the state. Or does he just not realize he made her a tyrant?
    to the former, theresa didn't have them around when she destroyed the Antarctic, covering the world in a perma-mist that will **** up the ecosystems of various countries, flooded the marked with gold to make herself rich, eliminated winter in order for farmers to grow crops year around, willing moved jews from their home in Israel to a island she created in the atlantic ocean, used her powers to harass a lawyer who was representing a case action lawsuit against her, and made it perma-daylight because reasons. all of that she did on her own. oh and before i forget, she just decided to put the entire population to sleep for 600 years because she didn't want to deal with "regular people" having the same powers as her. keep in mind, she told no one she was gonna do this. she just decided to put everyone to sleep without a word of warning. so yeah. those ten year olds didn't really do much compared to what their mommy did.

as for the later, you are giving norman too much credit, munchy. he seriously thinks that he's created a masterpiece as it is. to him, it's not a parody or satire. it's a real classic. and he will go on and give terrible reviews to other works like "the old man and the sea", "to kill a mockingbird" and pretty much anything by stephen king. and if you don't like it, you are a part of a massive online troll network, whose goal is to ruin his reputation and do so because his book is so earth shaking and powerful, that we "trolls" are just scared.

i wish i was making this up but he really thinks this.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    ...Even for an Elseworld, that's pretty damn silly. And unimaginative.
    Selina Kyle. Innocent Girl Next Door.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

as for the later, you are giving norman too much credit, munchy. he seriously thinks that he's created a masterpiece as it is. to him, it's not a parody or satire. it's a real classic.
    Well yeah, but I've read novels that were basically political screeds where the writers thought it was a masterpiece. I mean Ayn Rand seemed to seriously think "being a rich *******" was a good thing, so I just didn't know if this guy was just pro-tyranny.

Well yeah, but I've read novels that were basically political screeds where the writers thought it was a masterpiece. I mean Ayn Rand seemed to seriously think "being a rich *******" was a good thing, so I just didn't know if this guy was just pro-tyranny.
    given how jingoistic he is, i doubt he is pro-tyrant. too bad he created one.

did i forget to mention the president not only gave her a commission in the US army but made her a 5 star general so she could invade and conquer north Korea?

Anyone ever try this?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Selina Kyle. Innocent Girl Next Door.
    spoilers:
    She's not. She tries to have her childhood friend Bruce kidnapped for ransom while leading both him and Jack (Joker) on. She also fakes her own death to get her trust. And before anyone says "she was doing it for her father who got what can only be described as 'soap opera disease'", Bruce offered to pay for everything her father needs. She denied it because "I'm strong and don't need no man's help".
    end of spoilers

Honestly, from what I've seen of it from others talking about it, the book reads like someone rushing through a recap of a season of a substandard CW teen drama.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    spoilers:
    She's not. She tries to have her childhood friend Bruce kidnapped for ransom while leading both him and Jack (Joker) on. She also fakes her own death to get her trust. And before anyone says "she was doing it for her father who got what can only be described as 'soap opera disease'", Bruce offered to pay for everything her father needs. She denied it because "I'm strong and don't need no man's help".
    end of spoilers

Honestly, from what I've seen of it from others talking about it, the book reads like someone rushing through a recap of a season of a substandard CW teen drama.
    Oh that makes more sense but I'm still gonna laugh at it.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.