Page 909 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 409809859899905906907908909910911912913919959100914091909 ... LastLast
Results 13,621 to 13,635 of 36875

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

just a reminder that agent bishop was a total beast. routinely taking on all 4 turtles, who sometimes have extra fighters like Casey, April, hun and karai, and dominating. hell, he was one of the few people in the whole show who was a match for master splinter, who was one of the greatest fighters in the multi-verse.
    God, I forgot about Bishop. He is easily one of the best TMNT characters ever created.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I would've liked a Code Veronica Remake but we'll see what they can do with this.

For the love of God, give Ashley a Cannon!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

I would've liked a Code Veronica Remake but we'll see what they can do with this.

For the love of God, give Ashley a Cannon!
    if they remake CV, then they either need to make steve more likable or just cut him out completely.

i honestly hate that little fucker and was glad he was dead.

if they remake CV, then they either need to make steve more likable or just cut him out completely.

i honestly hate that little fucker and was glad he was dead.
    Yeah, making him more reigned in and real would improve things drastically. Also make him more intelligent. Claire I want to see with the same 'I am so done with this s-t' POV Jill had to better contrast the two.

I'm not sure you can really do with the Ashford Twins besides making them straight up incestous at this point. Alfred was as loony as it gets.

Matrix Wesker Boss Fight!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Yeah, making him more reigned in and real would improve things drastically. Also make him more intelligent. Claire I want to see with the same 'I am so done with this s-t' POV Jill had to better contrast the two.

I'm not sure you can really do with the Ashford Twins besides making them straight up incestous at this point. Alfred was as loony as it gets.

Matrix Wesker Boss Fight!
    ditto with the incest. alfred's obsession and devotion to Alexia is easy to go that route.

steve basically needs a overhaul of his entire character.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Four years since and these videos still impress the hell out of me.

if you need to laugh.....

Extraordinary Member

Hunter X Hunter hot take: I think the basic forms of nen are more interesting than the special abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Hunter X Hunter hot take: I think the basic forms of nen are more interesting than the special abilities
    How so?

I think Hunter x Hunter's power system, while deep and interesting, is overhyped. It allows you to have advantages by building flaws and requirements into the power, but the entire value system is arbitrary. Who gets to decide what kind of flaw warrants what level of buff? The universe acts like Nen is some natural ki force when in reality it would require either a capricious deity or army of administrative staff to properly oversee such a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    How so?

I think Hunter x Hunter's power system, while deep and interesting, is overhyped. It allows you to have advantages by building flaws and requirements into the power, but the entire value system is arbitrary. Who gets to decide what kind of flaw warrants what level of buff? The universe acts like Nen is some natural ki force when in reality it would require either a capricious deity or army of administrative staff to properly oversee such a system.
    it's pretty clear cut that it's a risk-reward system based on your own personality and nen type. not saying I have all the answers since hiatus X hiatus but it's a given that no one can create a uber busted power without some big time limitations and restrictions.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    How so?

I think Togashi is really good at creating drama using Nen's basic forms, but isn't creative enough to consistently create interesting powersets.

A few characters have good abilities, like Hisoka, but most are lacklustre

I think Togashi is really good at creating drama using Nen's basic forms, but isn't creative enough to consistently create interesting powersets.

A few characters have good abilities, like Hisoka, but most are lacklustre
    but the basic forms of nen really aren't interesting since it just falls into basic HTH combat. you can only go so far with punching and kicking.

Extraordinary Member

but the basic forms of nen really aren't interesting since it just falls into basic HTH combat. you can only go so far with punching and kicking.
    And Togashi is capable of taking it very far thanks to the various wrinkles embedded into the basics. Gon's Best Fights are all ones that don't involve his unique ability at all, for example.

The basics promise little, and then over deliver. Meanwhile the unique Nen powers promise a lot, and under deliver. More characters have boring powers than have interesting ones.

And Togashi is capable of taking it very far thanks to the various wrinkles embedded into the basics. Gon's Best Fights are all ones that don't involve his unique ability at all, for example.

The basics promise little, and then over deliver. Meanwhile the unique Nen powers promise a lot, and under deliver. More characters have boring powers than have interesting ones.
    well gon is a basic sort of character. his fights don't normally involve a lot of tactics and strategy. it would be boring if characters like killua or kurapika were fighting like that, since they are more cerebral fighters. it's more of an expanse of what he did in YYH, since none of the main quartet fight exactly the same.

Extraordinary Member

well gon is a basic sort of character. his fights don't normally involve a lot of tactics and strategy. it would be boring if characters like killua or kurapika were fighting like that, since they are more cerebral fighters. it's more of an expanse of what he did in YYH, since none of the main quartet fight exactly the same.
    1. Gon's best fights are the ones that focus a lot on tactics* like his fight with Hisoka in the Tower of Heaven
    2. Killua is one of the few characters with an interesting unique power, and even his fights mostly default to physical combat anyway
    3. Kurapika's fights are boring. His powerset is based around facilitating dramatic moments, but the fights themselves are just him swinging around chains

*Granted, I've only seen the show through once, so I could be remembering things wrong