Page 91 of 2461 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091929394951011411915911091 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 36910
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    No, it has everything to do with interpretation. You don't get to pretend they're deliberately downplaying Daredevil just because you disagree with the result. What motive could they possibly have for doing that? Because when you say "It has nothing to do with 'interpretation'", you are expressly removing the possibility that they just got it wrong.
    so you honestly believe that daredevil and nightwing are that evenly matched? really?

because there are a bunch of threads that say otherwise.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so you honestly believe that daredevil and nightwing are that evenly matched? really?

because there are a bunch of threads that say otherwise.
    I haven't really looked into it, so I don't have a firm opinion. I just don't think DB deliberately downplayed Daredevil's feats so Nightwing could win. I'm willing to accept that they're wrong, but I don't buy into the conspiracy theory

I haven't really looked into it, so I don't have a firm opinion. I just don't think DB deliberately downplayed Daredevil's feats so Nightwing could win. I'm willing to accept that they're wrong, but I don't buy into the conspiracy theory
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...+vs.+daredevil

keep in mind, this is only one of the many times nightwing and dd have rumbled her. and the consensus is the same.

so read that and tell me if you still agree with deathbattle's assessment that dick and matt are too close in terms of strength, speed, and skills?

Extraordinary Member

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...+vs.+daredevil

keep in mind, this is only one of the many times nightwing and dd have rumbled her. and the consensus is the same.

so read that and tell me if you still agree with deathbattle's assessment that dick and matt are too close in terms of strength, speed, and skills?
    I'm willing to do this, but should I do it here? Should I make a new topic, PM you, rez the thread you linked, what?

Doesn't need to be a conspiracy to ignore things.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I'm willing to do this, but should I do it here? Should I make a new topic, PM you, rez the thread you linked, what?
    i just want you to read it and tell me if you agree with what they said about their stats.

Extraordinary Member

i just want you to read it and tell me if you agree with what they said about their stats.
    Well, I'll read through the thread and get back to you, but I will put out one thing now

Nightwing is called an aim dodger in the thread, and from what I can see, that's false.

On this occasion, Nightwing was able to move a human shield in place to defend himself from a hail of gunfire, and explicitly did so after the bullets were fired.

On another occasion, Nightwing dodged a round from a sniper rifle (I think it's deadshot shooting, but I could be wrong), from about a street's width away. And he clearly starts moving after the round is fired.

Here we have him dodge a bullet from a gun literally held to his head.

This ones ambiguous, but it sure looks like he's dodging a gunshot fired right next to his chin.

Dance's through point blank machine gun fire. I really, sincerely, doubt that this is aim dodging.

Well, I'll read through the thread and get back to you, but I will put out one thing now

Nightwing is called an aim dodger in the thread, and from what I can see, that's false.

On this occasion, Nightwing was able to move a human shield in place to defend himself from a hail of gunfire, and explicitly did so after the bullets were fired.

On another occasion, Nightwing dodged a round from a sniper rifle (I think it's deadshot shooting, but I could be wrong), from about a street's width away. And he clearly starts moving after the round is fired.

Here we have him dodge a bullet from a gun literally held to his head.

This ones ambiguous, but it sure looks like he's dodging a gunshot fired right next to his chin.

Dance's through point blank machine gun fire. I really, sincerely, doubt that this is aim dodging.
    a few of those are aim dodging.

here's the thing. both bruce and dick have dodged bullets before but due to those instances being too few and far inbetween over their careers that they can not be called bullet timers.

while matt has done enough crazy **** with bullets over his career that he can be considered a bullet timer. and he doesn't just dodge bullets. he deflects the bullets either back at the shooter or deflects to hit someone else, which takes a tremendous level of speed and skill to do.

Extraordinary Member

a few of those are aim dodging.

here's the thing. both bruce and dick have dodged bullets before but due to those instances being too few and far inbetween over their careers that they can not be called bullet timers.

while matt has done enough crazy **** with bullets over his career that he can be considered a bullet timer. and he doesn't just dodge bullets. he deflects the bullets either back at the shooter or deflects to hit someone else, which takes a tremendous level of speed and skill to do.
    1. which ones
    2. I'd say Nightwing has more than enough bullet dodging feats to call it a consistent thing

Besides, The claim isn't that nightwing is faster than daredevil. It's that the gap is small enough it's not insurmountable. And since Nightwing seems to consistently dodge bullets without much issue, I buy that

1. which ones
    2. I'd say Nightwing has more than enough bullet dodging feats to call it a consistent thing

Besides, The claim isn't that nightwing is faster than daredevil. It's that the gap is small enough it's not insurmountable. And since Nightwing seems to consistently dodge bullets without much issue, I buy that
    the sniper attack and the last one.

but if you wish to argue this point, make a thread and see if anything has changed since the last time nightwing/daredevil came up.

btw, this is what dancing between bullets looks like.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Doesn't need to be a conspiracy to ignore things.
    I doubt that they willfully ignored things just so Nightwing could win. Because why would they do that?

It's more likely that they're human and that they messed up their research.

It's just an internet show that get things wrong here and there.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It just....this one seems a bit blatant, I guess.
    Blatant insofar as you actually noticed that they are trying to make the historically very white medium of comics more diverse through the process of adaptation?

I mean, yes. That's definitely a factor in casting non-white actors to reinterpret traditionally white roles. It's an adaptation, it's the prime time to do it.

I don't really get why it bothers you. The original comics are still there, decades of stories with white Black Canary. This version is going to be not white. I doubt it'll stick and change the character completely in all mediums but, again, why would that be a problem for you?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Effit.
    _____
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 09-27-2018 at 10:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Blatant insofar as you actually noticed that they are trying to make the historically very white medium of comics more diverse through the process of adaptation?

I mean, yes. That's definitely a factor in casting non-white actors to reinterpret traditionally white roles. It's an adaptation, it's the prime time to do it.

I don't really get why it bothers you. The original comics are still there, decades of stories with white Black Canary. This version is going to be not white. I doubt it'll stick and change the character completely in all mediums but, again, why would that be a problem for you?
    TBH I think it might have been better to cast a black actress as Huntress instead. Black Canary has a very iconic look and making her black strays a bit to far away from that. While a black huntress would still have most of her iconic visible traits and it would look like a much more minor change in comparison.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Hmm, well, the thing is if it was actually to be more diverse wouldn’t they tell stories/make movies of their, actual, diverse characters? Many of which exist and have existed for a long time and are popular? I would have this problem if they cast her as Cassandra Cain too, by the way, so it’s not just that Jurnee Smolett-Bell is replacing a traditionally white character.

Perhaps I come from a slightly more jaded stand point then is my problem. This doesn’t feel like they cast it for diversity sake but instead for easy sake. Instead of using a more diverse character in they movie (Cassandra Cain as an example) they instead just changed out a white person.

Perhaps because Canary is so iconic in the blonde (wether wig or natural) that this reveal was more surprising to me (like the MJ one in SM:H. Mary Jane is THE red head). Especially when cast alongside Huntress, who has been of a duskier complexion in comics but yet has Mary Elizabeth Winstead playing her.

In the end, I’m still watching the movie because I like the characters and hope they are done well on the Big Screen. I’m not offended or ruined by the casting, just surprised and curious as to why.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM