Page 910 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 410810860900906907908909910911912913914920960101014101910 ... LastLast
Results 13,636 to 13,650 of 36892
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    1. Gon's best fights are the ones that focus a lot on tactics* like his fight with Hisoka in the Tower of Heaven
    2. Killua is one of the few characters with an interesting unique power, and even his fights mostly default to physical combat anyway
    3. Kurapika's fights are boring. His powerset is based around facilitating dramatic moments, but the fights themselves are just him swinging around chains

*Granted, I've only seen the show through once, so I could be remembering things wrong
    1: that fight with hisoka was more about gon getting his hit back from the hunter's exam. sure, he used some cleaver moves but no one expected him to win, mostly because he was still a newb when it came to nen combat. so it still mostly just throwing hands with hisoka.

2: killua's fights tend to rely upon tactics than gon, when he can't outspeed his foes and insta-kill them, like when he was fighting with the twins and their dart game and had to use his nen ablity in a new way to overcome it.

3: kurapika has only been in one real fight in the anime, against uvogin and that was just showing off how utterly dangerous he was against members of the phantom troop. these days, he's had to use his chains in different ways due to the nature of the succession war arc. and he did take chrollo out for a time before hisoka found a way to free him from his chain curse.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    1: that fight with hisoka was more about gon getting his hit back from the hunter's exam. sure, he used some cleaver moves but no one expected him to win, mostly because he was still a newb when it came to nen combat. so it still mostly just throwing hands with hisoka.

2: killua's fights tend to rely upon tactics than gon, when he can't outspeed his foes and insta-kill them, like when he was fighting with the twins and their dart game and had to use his nen ablity in a new way to overcome it.

3: kurapika has only been in one real fight in the anime, against uvogin and that was just showing off how utterly dangerous he was against members of the phantom troop. these days, he's had to use his chains in different ways due to the nature of the succession war arc. and he did take chrollo out for a time before hisoka found a way to free him from his chain curse.
    1. Fair, but that's still better than basically every fight he's had since he got his unique power.
    2. And things like that Dart fight are why Killua is one of the few with a good power
    3. I'll grant you that

1. Fair, but that's still better than basically every fight he's had since he got his unique power.
    2. And things like that Dart fight are why Killua is one of the few with a good power
    3. I'll grant you that
    not saying they are all winners but there are a lot of ones with fantastic powers, like morel, netero, knov, welfin, leol (even though i don't like him) etc.

Extraordinary Member

I'd actually classify Netero as one of the characters with a boring power.

I'd actually classify Netero as one of the characters with a boring power.
    it's not, when you think about it.

the activation requirement on is very strict since it requires netero to perform a set of hand motions before he can attack. but thanks to his over 100 years of training, he can perform those motions and attack with such speed that it's almost unavoidable to dodge the attack. hence why his fight with meruem was so intense and marvelous.

well.........my aunt is on a ventilator.

****, I'm sorry to hear that, man. I hope to God that she'll recover.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Hoping she recovers. This is the last thing your family needs right now.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sorry to hear that, I hope she will get better.

Oh, I hope and pray she gets off of it soon and recovers.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

guys.........

she didn't make it.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Oh my god. I'm...Very sorry. Condolences to your family.

Take your time away from here if you need, but yeah. We'll be there for you as well cause we all need support every now and then.

Again, I am so sorry for your lost, friend.

guys.........

she didn't make it.
    Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I'm so sorry, Read. We're here if you need to talk to someone.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

guys.........

she didn't make it.
    I'm sorry for your loss, Read. And condolences to you and your family. If you need to talk with anyone, we'll be here.