Page 913 of 2469 FirstFirst ... 413813863903909910911912913914915916917923963101314131913 ... LastLast
Results 13,681 to 13,695 of 37035
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I think it would be best if you talk it out first before that.
    mom told me some stuff about what happened.

my cousin was the first in the family to get the virus. he's young and healthy so his condition wasn't so serious that he needed to go the hospital so he stayed at home with my aunt. they got a care provider, someone whom they all seemed to like, mainly do to her not stealing from them. anyway, i was informed that this woman, this so-called care provider...............didn't wear gloves or a mask when she was dealing with my cousin. her reasoning? she was super religious and that Jesus would protect her from the virus. and she was right. she didn't get sick as far as i know but she was more than likely a carrier for the virus. and given what i know of what she did and my cousin's condition, it's more than likely she passed the virus on to my aunt. she eventually wore gloves and a mask but only because her PASTOR told her to. not a doctor or nurse or anyone who actually knows what the fuck they were doing. her bloody pastor.

and you know what? after she visited him, he came down with the virus too. and even worse, she didn't have a car, so she had to take the L-train to and from their house.

so because of her.........."faith", my aunt is gone.

i am beyond furious right now.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

my cousin was the first in the family to get the virus. he's young and healthy so his condition wasn't so serious that he needed to go the hospital so he stayed at home with my aunt. they got a care provider, someone whom they all seemed to like, mainly do to her not stealing from them. anyway, i was informed that this woman, this so-called care provider...............didn't wear gloves or a mask when she was dealing with my cousin. her reasoning? she was super religious and that Jesus would protect her from the virus. and she was right. she didn't get sick as far as i know but she was more than likely a carrier for the virus. and given what i know of what she did and my cousin's condition, it's more than likely she passed the virus on to my aunt. she eventually wore gloves and a mask but only because her PASTOR told her to. not a doctor or nurse or anyone who actually knows what the fuck they were doing. her bloody pastor.

and you know what? after she visited him, he came down with the virus too. and even worse, she didn't have a car, so she had to take the L-train to and from their house.

That is...beyond awful and horrible. I have literally no words for that level of stupidity.

However, violence is not the answer. I understand being enraged over this but it will not help the situation.

As a friend, the only advice I can really offer is to consult a lawyer and if calling the police would be an option in this instance.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    That is...beyond awful and horrible. I have literally no words for that level of stupidity.

However, violence is not the answer. I understand being enraged over this but it will not help the situation.

As a friend, the only advice I can really offer is to consult a lawyer and if calling the police would be an option in this instance.
    it's not that i can actually do anything about it. my aunt and her family live in Chicago and I'm broke as fuck right now. (I'm not getting a stimulus check either)

and my mom is a lawyer and she said that unless my cousin actually does something, we can't do anything. all she can do is talk to him directly and convince him otherwise.

it's not that i can actually do anything about it. my aunt and her family live in Chicago and I'm broke as fuck right now. (I'm not getting a stimulus check either)

and my mom is a lawyer and she said that unless my cousin actually does something, we can't do anything. all she can do is talk to him directly and convince him otherwise.
    Understood. In that case, the best you can do is just be there for your loved ones in these times.

Again, I am extremely sorry you have to go through all of this. Nobody deserves this.

Just know that you are loved, by your family and us, and will be here to talk and support you.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

First, allow me to offer my commiserations for your loss Read. Losing family, especially in a way like this feels so unfair.

Second, there's been a lot of, frankly, fucking stupid behaviour from a number of faith groups during this crisis. Your situation is, sadly, the result of that. I can only hope that people will learn that this isn't the time to bank on the protection of whatever god they happen to believe in.

My best wishes to your family and yourself. I would recommend you make sure you channel the anger and fury you have into supporting your family, looking after yourself and engaging with your communities where possible.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Oh no...So sorry for your loss again but good grief, stupidity and stubbornness to listen to freaking guidelines given by numerous people is indeed blood boiling. Especially when it puts people in danger during a crisis like this. That woman just makes me shake my head...

Again, wishing your family to be safe and strong during these times.

I'm not a Lawyer, but I'm married to one and I work for another. There is enough precedent for a good lawyer to make a case against that woman. If your aunt's immediate family wants to take that route, there should be ways to get advice.

And again, I'm sorry this happened.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm not a Lawyer, but I'm married to one and I work for another. There is enough precedent for a good lawyer to make a case against that woman. If your aunt's immediate family wants to take that route, there should be ways to get advice.

And again, I'm sorry this happened.
    sadly, my cousin is the only immedetly family she had left. her husband/my uncle passed suddenly this year.

mom doesn't wanna bring this up to him yet since he's still recovering from corona and he might not react well to this news.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

My guesses for the other DLC characters are Meruem, Hiei, Kenpachi (with Shikai) and... I'll confess that I don't know enough Jojo characters to make a guess.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    My guesses for the other DLC characters are Meruem, Hiei, Kenpachi (with Shikai) and... I'll confess that I don't know enough Jojo characters to make a guess.
    Jojo-wise... looking at wiki, apparently Dio and Jotaro are the only characters in there.

So I would expect Joseph circa Battle Tendancy as he's really popular.

Would prefer Jolene myself but her anime hasn't come out yet so that's a long shot.

Extraordinary Member

Rumors I'm hearing are Eisdisi and Leorio

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Jojo-wise... looking at wiki, apparently Dio and Jotaro are the only characters in there.

So I would expect Joseph circa Battle Tendancy as he's really popular.

Would prefer Jolene myself but her anime hasn't come out yet so that's a long shot.
    Going by popularity/name value I'd say Yoshikage Kira is a likely choice. Giorno and Diovalo due to them recently having their part adapted into the anime.

There could also be an argument made for bringing in Bruno Bucciarati.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis