Page 915 of 2464 FirstFirst ... 415815865905911912913914915916917918919925965101514151915 ... LastLast
Results 13,711 to 13,725 of 36951

MoR: Good grief man, I am so sorry about what happened. Been busy but I try to read to see what happens. With that, I hope you are all well.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    MoR: Good grief man, I am so sorry about what happened. Been busy but I try to read to see what happens. With that, I hope you are all well.
    thanks, man. things have calmed down a bit here. it's not likely my cousin will file a lawsuit, given his own personality.

but for me, i will never forgive that woman for what she did.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Was Thanos by Donny Cates any good? I saw it's free on Comixology and was thinking about picking it up.
    Never read it, but I've heard good things

watched the latest ep of "the clone wars". damnit. the feels man.

Was Thanos by Donny Cates any good? I saw it's free on Comixology and was thinking about picking it up.
    I haven’t read it but Cates is a pretty badass writer. He writes a series called Redneck that’s just amazing.

Whelp

God need: Did so good on a home work my teacher wants to post it as a example for a good story for future classes.

Bad: Whelp my gf who thinks I cannot write for ****, bad mouths all my hobbies got a hold of my phone and changed pas words for sites. Got them fixed. I wish this pandemic was not a thing, not just safety/health but could get away.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Bad: Whelp my gf who thinks I cannot write for ****, bad mouths all my hobbies got a hold of my phone and changed pas words for sites.
    Chou, that doesn't sound like it's a healthy dynamic for a relationship.

yeah, bro. if she's doing all that, best cut yourself off that kind of negativity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'm not at the top... but I'm not dead last. I'll take it.
    Same here.

Maybe I should stop pushing Joker so hard in my playthrough of Persona 5 Royal.

Extraordinary Member

Ok, to be clear. That run of Thanos had 18 issues with two different creative teams. You don't to have read one storyline to understand the other, and there's not much of a lasting impact from either of them.

The first story, issues 1-12, is written by Jeff Lemire while Donny Cates wrote the last six issues.

Of the two I prefer Jeff Lemire's part. In it Thanos has contracted some kind of mysterious disease which is weakening him and might even kill him. It shows Thanos being vulnerable in a rare fashion, has lots of more obscure characters like Champion, Starfox and the Shi'ar Imperial Guard, some neat cosmic concepts and cool action scenes.

Donny Cates story is... hilariously entertaining but probably not in the way that was intended. It's just so try hard edge lordy that I couldn't take it seriously.

It begins with a Cosmic Ghost Rider from the future dragging Thanos into a future timeline at the behest on an older version of Thanos who has killed basically everyone else in the entire universe.

It includes stuff like:
    spoilers:
    Future Thanos has the Hulk locked up in his basement and on the day he conquered earth he had Hulk eat Steve Rogers.

As a morning ritual future Thanos has Cosmic Ghost Rider use the penance stare on him so that he can feel all the pain he's caused to the entire universe, because he fins it soothing.

Cosmic Ghost Rider has a backstory that kinds feels like a fanfiction character somebody created by plucking bits and pieces from characters they already liked. He's Frank Castle who is now Ghost Rider and also Galactus' herald and he acts insane kinda like Deadpool.
    end of spoilers

It's stupid and quite dark but it tries so hard that I found it kinda endearing, and it certainly presents things on a grand scale. Might not be for everyone though.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Ah, gotcha. Unfortunately, only the last six issues were available for free, but unintended humor is the best humor so I'm in!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

Ah, gotcha. Unfortunately, only the last six issues were available for free, but unintended humor is the best humor so I'm in!
    Coolers. Have fun with it.

I have access to Thanos Wins by Cates, Thanos Rising, and Thanos Volume 1 (collects issues 1-6) online through my library. I haven't checked them out yet.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I’m not the biggest Kristen Stewart fan, but the movie Underwater is quite good. Definitely hits all the ‘trapped in a remote place’ notes I think, and she did a pretty good job.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

So, according to reports I've read, Toriyama has been completely hands-off with DBS's Moro arc and is allowing Toyotaro free reign with the manga while he's busy drafting new arcs for the DBS anime(which is why the Moro saga hasn't been animated yet). So, for people who are still wondering which medium takes priority in DBS canon, there's your answer.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!