Page 918 of 2468 FirstFirst ... 418818868908914915916917918919920921922928968101814181918 ... LastLast
Results 13,756 to 13,770 of 37014
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

wait. we actually get to see tyrone in action?

excuse me while i go look for this.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    wait. we actually get to see tyrone in action?

excuse me while i go look for this.
    Haha. Check your email, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Haha. Check your email, friend.
    i thank you and my potential future wife thanks you.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i thank you and my potential future wife thanks you.
    No problems. Kinda excited to see some extra story about these guys.

...Meanwhile, High&Low The Worst continues to elude me.

i think i love this guy. he sounds so calm but when he's mad, it's hilarious. like you can feel how much he hates these cheap coffee gear.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

DnD-problems:

Main quest = Go to an active war zone to find this missing person who holds clues that could help solve a complicated political deadlock and give the party and their boss tons of prestige.

Party: That sounds like an interesting quest with lots story potential for everyone involved. We'll make sure we're all ready with proper preparations for this long and dangerous journey.

Ancient Dwarf Barbarian the party runs into: Please help me save my friend who is a dragon.

Party: ...this will only take a few days tops. That other guys is probably dead anyway. Let's go meet a dragon WOOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    DnD-problems:

Main quest = Go to an active war zone to find this missing person who holds clues that could help solve a complicated political deadlock and give the party and their boss tons of prestige.

Party: That sounds like an interesting quest with lots story potential for everyone involved. We'll make sure we're all ready with proper preparations for this long and dangerous journey.

Ancient Dwarf Barbarian the party runs into: Please help me save my friend who is a dragon.

Party: ...this will only take a few days tops. That other guys is probably dead anyway. Let's go meet a dragon WOOO!!!
    I miss playing DnD.

latest ep of "clone wars" dropped.

dear god.

you can almost............hear ROTS playing the background. that's the thing about that movie that i love: you know what's coming and part of you hopes that things will change. but they don't.

and now ahsoka will have to deal with order 66.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I miss playing DnD.
    For that session most of the players and the DM were on Skype and that worked rather well, except for the DM not being able to get the music he wanted to play through Skype.

But I can understand that it might not satisfy everyone.

Berserk: spoilers:
    Well, it looks like Farnese's growth potential for magic was far greater than anyone anticipated. And to think, she's capable of this much with only a few months of tutelage. Casca, brave girl that she is, is trying to work past her trauma but it's going to take time. Meanwhile, Guts is at a loss at what to do since he's more or less accomplished his objective of restoring Casca's sanity, but can do little else during the healing process. Then Skull Knight appears and announces how Guts has come to end of his journey and states how the outcome was pretty much what he predicted(arguably).
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 04-24-2020 at 07:00 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Would appreciate the courtesy of spoiler tags Len.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Would appreciate the courtesy of spoiler tags Len.
    Apologies, and done.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Apologies, and done.
    Much appreciated.

Also, having now read the chapter in question, I'm willing to bet...

spoilers:
    ... that this is the moment we've been building up to for the last... decade or so. Guts finally has to choose between his revenge or the more intimidating prospect of attempting to emotionally heal the rift between himself and Caska. This is a first step on what I think is the point of the series.

The fundamental thematic question of the series, to my reading at least, is this; how far are you willing to go for revenge? This began as a thing presented as something of a necessity, Guts need to go on his quest for revenge because he had nothing else and Griffith was unmistakably a monster. Now, Guts has his friends, a restored Caska to reconcile with, a place of safety and Griffith seems to be rebuilding the world to be safer, kinder and more just as he promised he would despite the mountain of corpses it's built upon.

I have long theorised that we are going to come to a point in the series where Guts will have the choice in some form - kill Griffith and doom the world to more chaos and violence or move past his desire for revenge and allow the world to improve.

I don't know how he will answer this nor do I have a view on what he should or should not do but that's the beauty of the story. The writing is good enough and complex enough that I don't have definitive response.

I'm glad we're getting closer to the nub of this question.
    end of spoilers

Goddamn Berserk is still a great series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    DnD-problems:

I’m DM’ing a game at the moment for the first time ever, and I can confirm this is 100% typical.

They all gave me their backstories which I carefully interconnected with each other in some way to provide oppprtunities for intra-party RP.

They have the mystery of who ordered their murder to figure out, as well as other tasks I’ve built in based on their individual backgrounds.

What do they focus on?

“Wait - you said that your beer deliveries were going missing and you need to make a delivery of beer barrels to a nearby tavern...? We’re in.”