Page 919 of 2458 FirstFirst ... 419819869909915916917918919920921922923929969101914191919 ... LastLast
Results 13,771 to 13,785 of 36869

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    For that session most of the players and the DM were on Skype and that worked rather well, except for the DM not being able to get the music he wanted to play through Skype.

But I can understand that it might not satisfy everyone.
    Yeah the group decided against doing it online.

Extraordinary Member

Hey guys, A friend of mine is going to be streaming some Jackbox in about an hour and a half from now. If you're free, come by an hang out. I'll link his twitch once we get closer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Hey guys, A friend of mine is going to be streaming some Jackbox in about an hour and a half from now. If you're free, come by an hang out. I'll link his twitch once we get closer.
    https://www.twitch.tv/zackzackzackz

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...Sooooo many whats being heard in my head watching this.

Hah, what a coincidence, Twister, I just watched a vid on this series and the peculiar genre it was part of.

Before Miki Saegusa established a psychic rapport with kaiju, she was the baddest bitch that threw gold coins really hard.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

this week's standings.

congrats to this week's champion, themunchking.

week 4 standings.JPG

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    We're still going if anyone else wants in

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Hah, what a coincidence, Twister, I just watched a vid on this series and the peculiar genre it was part of.

Before Miki Saegusa established a psychic rapport with kaiju, she was the baddest bitch that threw gold coins really hard.

That coin may as well be Captain America's shield the way she uses it. Haha.

But yeah, it kinda got me hooked.

You know I been thinking Capoeira needs to be represent more in anime.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    You know I been thinking Capoeira needs to be represent more in anime.
    While not an anime, if you're looking for capoeira-themed stories, there's a manga called Batuque you might be interested in.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

So, over the last week or so, I have read through Kekkaishi again.

I'm honestly shocked that I don't have stronger memories of this story, it's really good. The art is top notch throughout, the combat is constantly imaginative and the characters are really well put together and pretty consistently interesting. It has a few hitches here and there that prevent it from being one of my absolute favourites but it's got tremendous momentum and is really, really well constructed.

Very much enjoyed reading it again, would highly recommend people take a look at it if you're in the need of some good shonen work.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    So, over the last week or so, I have read through Kekkaishi again.

I'm honestly shocked that I don't have stronger memories of this story, it's really good. The art is top notch throughout, the combat is constantly imaginative and the characters are really well put together and pretty consistently interesting. It has a few hitches here and there that prevent it from being one of my absolute favourites but it's got tremendous momentum and is really, really well constructed.

Very much enjoyed reading it again, would highly recommend people take a look at it if you're in the need of some good shonen work.
    I have very fond memories of Kekkaishi. Yoshimori is one of my favourite shounen leads of all time and it is one of the best in terms of creative combat.

The chapter where Sumiko sends her final message to Yoshimori as she leaves to stabilize the world he created for Chusinmaru is one of my favourite single manga chapters. It hit me like a brick with the reveal of Sumiko's feelings in regards to relating to other people and then she just disappears. A very strong finish to an otherwise rather lacklustre final arc.

The final arc being rather underwhelming is my main problem with the series overall. There was a lot of things built up that were dealt with surprisingly swiftly and with little involvement from the main character. Just felt weird.

I have very fond memories of Kekkaishi. Yoshimori is one of my favourite shounen leads of all time and it is one of the best in terms of creative combat.

The chapter where Sumiko sends her final message to Yoshimori as she leaves to stabilize the world he created for Chusinmaru is one of my favourite single manga chapters. It hit me like a brick with the reveal of Sumiko's feelings in regards to relating to other people and then she just disappears. A very strong finish to an otherwise rather lacklustre final arc.

The final arc being rather underwhelming is my main problem with the series overall. There was a lot of things built up that were dealt with surprisingly swiftly and with little involvement from the main character. Just felt weird.
    Oh yeah, I started reading that manga, probably at least ten years ago, but never finished. I really should go back to it and finish.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I was kind of struck by how well implemented Sumiko was in the series despite her primary attribute was her absence. Really clever writing there.

I remembered not thinking that much of the final arc the first time around but it definitely flowed better the second time. Yellow Tanabe took the vieew that the larger thematic message of the thing was more important than focusing on any single character.

Part of the point of the ending and the theme of the series as a whole, is about duty, support and cooperation. Yoshimori is given his thing to focus on and he's focusing on it. The power plays within the Shadow Organisation and the machinations of the primary villains isn't really something that ever really intersects with his interests or goals. Masamori is the guy who is taking that on and even his thematic arc is about him learning to rely on others and not to shoulder burdens alone so I didn't mind them both stepping back to let a more ensemble solution be implemented.

It's a different vibe to other things in the genre, which tend to be a lot more protagonist centric.

The final arc's pacing is a bit off, a bunch of stuff happens a bit too quickly, and spoilers:
    I really did not care for the introduction of the Watcher as a last minute character as it is very jarring. A character whose entry into the story, so far as I could tell, was purely to solve the "magic nuke" subplot that never went anywhere in the first place beyond the raising of the stakes a bit.
    end of spoilers There's also a bit of a hat-on-a-hat feeling to the resolution of the villains, I think that might have been a twist or two too many but it still flowed well.

But even with those blemishes on it, it's a strong series.