Page 920 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 420820870910916917918919920921922923924930970102014201920 ... LastLast
Results 13,786 to 13,800 of 36884
    Extraordinary Member

I recall watching the Kekkaishi anime on adult swim

Berserk! Berserk is back! Not actually happens... but still BERSERK is back!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'm greatly amused that the chapter cover literally has the synopsis of the chapter on it.

Also, it's not been on that long a break recently, has it? We've been on a fairly consistent monthly schedule of late, I think.

Nah, 359 came out last August, so this is the first one in 8 months

could be worse I suppose, Hunter x Hunter's last chapter came out in November 2018
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-25-2020 at 12:51 PM.

You know, it's easy to forget that Krillin is physically strong enough to easily bend a human over backwards and stick the person's head up their own ass.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Just checking in to see how everyone's been doing. Hope you're all doing well.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Hey Sharker. Everything's going about as well as can be expected on my end. How about yourself?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Hey Sharker. Everything's going about as well as can be expected on my end. How about yourself?
    Good to hear.

As for me, a few ups, a few downs, but overall, doin' alright.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Just when I thought I couldn't be more supportive of this couple (canon or parody), we get this heart-warming gem. And hell yeah, Krillin tolerates no fools talking **** about his girl(or 18 having no patience with wannabe casanovas ruining her night with her man).
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 04-25-2020 at 05:50 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

You know, it's easy to forget that Krillin is physically strong enough to easily bend a human over backwards and stick the person's head up their own ass.
    Hancock has taught him well.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

That was kind of cute.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Women trouble, doing good in school, GMing when I get the chance. Still debating. Life ain’t perfect, but it’s not meant to be that. So just enduring it.

Glad to see your back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I’m DM’ing a game at the moment for the first time ever, and I can confirm this is 100% typical.

They all gave me their backstories which I carefully interconnected with each other in some way to provide oppprtunities for intra-party RP.

They have the mystery of who ordered their murder to figure out, as well as other tasks I’ve built in based on their individual backgrounds.

What do they focus on?

“Wait - you said that your beer deliveries were going missing and you need to make a delivery of beer barrels to a nearby tavern...? We’re in.”
    Ouch. That sounds... typical for DnD. My condolences.

I mean, in my example I'm fairly certain the DM at least planned for us abandoning the main quest to meet the dragon. Your thing sounds like people can't take hints. I hope it at least turned out fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I was kind of struck by how well implemented Sumiko was in the series despite her primary attribute was her absence. Really clever writing there.
    I have a vague recollection that the main cast never actually interacted with the real Sumiko on screen. It was always a shikigami acting as her. Or that was at least implied. Is that accurate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I remembered not thinking that much of the final arc the first time around but it definitely flowed better the second time. Yellow Tanabe took the vieew that the larger thematic message of the thing was more important than focusing on any single character.

Part of the point of the ending and the theme of the series as a whole, is about duty, support and cooperation. Yoshimori is given his thing to focus on and he's focusing on it. The power plays within the Shadow Organisation and the machinations of the primary villains isn't really something that ever really intersects with his interests or goals. Masamori is the guy who is taking that on and even his thematic arc is about him learning to rely on others and not to shoulder burdens alone so I didn't mind them both stepping back to let a more ensemble solution be implemented.

It's a different vibe to other things in the genre, which tend to be a lot more protagonist centric.

The final arc's pacing is a bit off, a bunch of stuff happens a bit too quickly, and spoilers:
    I really did not care for the introduction of the Watcher as a last minute character as it is very jarring. A character whose entry into the story, so far as I could tell, was purely to solve the "magic nuke" subplot that never went anywhere in the first place beyond the raising of the stakes a bit.
    end of spoilers There's also a bit of a hat-on-a-hat feeling to the resolution of the villains, I think that might have been a twist or two too many but it still flowed well.

But even with those blemishes on it, it's a strong series.
    Interesting. I will have to reread the series at some point with that in mind.

And yeah, despite my issues with the last arc I still hold series as a whole in high regard.

Oh that was delightful.

I love Krillin and 18 being a fun and wholesome couple, and being reminded that outside of their social circle they're both physical gods who could break the world, or any annoying shitheads, in any number of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Women trouble, doing good in school, GMing when I get the chance. Still debating. Life ain’t perfect, but it’s not meant to be that. So just enduring it.

Glad to see your back.
    Good luck with the troubles, man, but good to hear school's going well.