Page 943 of 2458 FirstFirst ... 443843893933939940941942943944945946947953993104314431943 ... LastLast
Results 14,131 to 14,145 of 36864

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    Oh, yeah, it was hilarious to watch, but I can understand why that sort of thing is frowned upon, these days .

Honestly, I don't even really remember. It was about 14-15 years ago, give or take? Ancient history, best forgotten.
    I was a newbe back then. Mostly there for the Tournaments and RPGs. Though some things haven't changed.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I appreciate that the origami looks like you could do it with one sheet of paper and no cutting. Unlike Kubo.

Lately, I almost wish I had a Switch. Though it would eat my time faster than a Pac Man.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

so............unless this is a massive glich in the system.............youtube just erased ALL of my vids.

edit: nvm. my vids are back. what the **** is going on?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so............unless this is a massive glich in the system.............youtube just erased ALL of my vids.

edit: nvm. my vids are back. what the **** is going on?
    Heard in some chats I'm in it's affecting everyone so far....Not sure why.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Greetings from Sweden Pete.
    Greetings from Australia . Your name actually seems familiar, so we may have chatted back in the day. Either that, or it's a common internet screen-name.

Just wanted to say, as an old school Power Rangers fan, that such cool picture you've got there. I've got a similar one of me meeting James Marster and David Boreanaz from Angel. I went temporarily deaf from how excited I was in the moment.
    Heheh. Wow, yeah, that's pretty excited. I've heard of people having bad experiences, but I've only ever had really amazing experiences, meeting the cast. ASJ was really nice, to chat to, and that really was one of the best moments ever.

The last few months, the Australian cable sci-fi channel has been working its way through "Angel", and I'm up to the back half of season five. I really feel like Connor and then the Jasmine arcs through s3 and s4 brought the whole show down a bit, but s5 (when they're working with Wolfram and Hart) really flips the status quo and makes the show a lot more compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I was a newbe back then. Mostly there for the Tournaments and RPGs. Though some things haven't changed.
    No, I see some of the tournaments and RPGs are still running. I was never involved in many of those (I had fanfic, that's where my creative energy usually went to), but I know they were popular.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

With all this talk of power rangers, I'd figured I would mention that JDF has a pseudo ranger Kickstarter movie.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Psssshshfghggsh.

That's your ending to this fight?

You spend all the potential of an entire timeskip, narratively assassinate one of the best characters in the series, reconfigure your other most important secondary character into focusing on this one thing only and then meander around vaguely wondering why this conflict even really exists only to go "well better have them fight to the death because of reasons... not due to any actual ideological differences they might have... just they have to because... um... amnesia and... err... a cult..."

And like...

I had some (admittedly small) hopes because eventually you managed to spin this vapid storyline (at the last minute) into something that was at least conceptually interesting by finally working said characters' new desires into being in direct conflict with where the main narrative clearly was going to go.

There were some stakes, finally. Stuff was finally starting to happen a bit. It had been a rough and boring ride for these characters but you are finally getting to execute on their remaining potential by creating an actual difficult problem for them to solve.

And now, three chapters later, they have refused to address the problem really and it's just fine?

There's no real hard choice to make because it works out fine anyway? There's no consequence to the apparently really hard (but actually really stupid) dichotomy you set up because it's fine?

That's the result of like a hundred chapters of spinning your wheels on these characters and waxing lyrical about how complex and difficult the new post timeskip.status quo is now without ever actually justifying why?

It's just fine?

You'll forgive me for finding this IMMENSELY unsatisfying. I thought there might be some actual consequences to the decisions these characters make that actually put them at odds with the "right" thing to do.

But no, it's fine. They're fine. This was completely worth scrapping Mi-ra's entire character by giving her amnesia. This was completely worth doing because we get the grandly satisfying resolution of "oh it's fine, they get to kiss now and that problem isn't a problem because they're fine,"

Weak.

Booo.

*sigh*

Man, God of High School is a very frustrating thing to read right now. This whole piss arc.

Mi-ra says: "Make it stop," in this chapter and I am right there with her.

Man, I miss when this series was good.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 05-14-2020 at 10:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Greetings from Australia . Your name actually seems familiar, so we may have chatted back in the day. Either that, or it's a common internet screen-name.
    Oh, I've been around here for quite some time now. I rarely chat with people but I poke my nose in here and there. So you've probably seen the screen name here before.
    Heheh. Wow, yeah, that's pretty excited. I've heard of people having bad experiences, but I've only ever had really amazing experiences, meeting the cast. ASJ was really nice, to chat to, and that really was one of the best moments ever.

The last few months, the Australian cable sci-fi channel has been working its way through "Angel", and I'm up to the back half of season five. I really feel like Connor and then the Jasmine arcs through s3 and s4 brought the whole show down a bit, but s5 (when they're working with Wolfram and Hart) really flips the status quo and makes the show a lot more compelling.
    It was my first time meeting a celebrity from something I enjoyed. Had to practice in front of a mirror for a few weeks so that I would just squeel in thei faces.

Season 5 is probably my favourite season of the series, and absolutely an improvement over the latter half of season 4.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

She-Ra Season 5

spoilers:

Adora gets a big powerup this season and can now fight in space while in her She-Ra form!
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Retro games really are a thing, that was Duke Nukem 3D but a woman basically. Curious.

Makes me wish my piece of crap computer was good, would play Vrutal Doom/Russian gun mode and the dragon campaign thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Retro games really are a thing, that was Duke Nukem 3D but a woman basically. Curious.

Makes me wish my piece of crap computer was good, would play Vrutal Doom/Russian gun mode and the dragon campaign thing.
    Yeah, this youtube channel--Civvie11--really got me into boomer shooters. I got Blood, but I really want Amid-Evil, Dusk and the aformentioned Ion Fury. I had no clue that it was coming out on PS4.

Also, Duke 3D and Ion Fury did have some overlap. I think originally the main character from fury was supposed to be some bombshell chick who was mentioned in a duke poster, but....law stuff.

I *think* some people who worked on this might have been associated with Duke 3D, but that's a very loose fact, and I could be wrong.