Page 946 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 446846896936942943944945946947948949950956996104614461946 ... LastLast
Results 14,176 to 14,190 of 36885
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I nearly mentioned My Hero Academia as well. Didn’t think of Fullmetal Alchemist, but I’ll suggest that as well.

Thank you!
    Just as a note, depending on the disposition of the child, I would be a little careful with Fullmetal Alchemist. It's quite a bit more violent, bloody and horrifying relative to the other things in the thread. I'd also say the same of Kimetsu no Yaiba. There are some quite violent and upsetting scenes in both that a nervous or easily spooked child might react poorly to. They are both excellent shows but you might want to wait until he's a little older before showing him them.

I would also second Mob Psycho 100, it's a really good show.

One Piece and Naruto are fine, Dragonball is fine.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann would also be a good get. Big mechs are cool and Trigger really killed it in the design and sense of scale of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    A few less obvious recommendations:

Skip Beat: It's like a shounen for acting, with a ton of comedy as well. It only has one season, but it's well worth watching.

Haikyuu!!: Intense volleyball anime with awesome animation, cast, humor, etc.

Dr. Stone: A shounen using SCIENCE! The characters are attempting to rebuild civilization after an apocalyptic events petrifies every human on Earth. Funny, educational and with a colorful, memorable cast of characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Just as a note, depending on the disposition of the child, I would be a little careful with Fullmetal Alchemist. It's quite a bit more violent, bloody and horrifying relative to the other things in the thread. I'd also say the same of Kimetsu no Yaiba. There are some quite violent and upsetting scenes in both that a nervous or easily spooked child might react poorly to. They are both excellent shows but you might want to wait until he's a little older before showing him them.

I would also second Mob Psycho 100, it's a really good show.

One Piece and Naruto are fine, Dragonball is fine.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann would also be a good get. Big mechs are cool and Trigger really killed it in the design and sense of scale of the show.
    Thanks both!

The Gridman Anime might be a good one too. There IS a scene where the big bad slashes a kid's eye with a hacksaw and a scary stabbing scene later on, but aside from that, it's a fairly safe anime and I think a kid would get a blast out of the Kaiju Fights.

I would also advise viewing the beach episode first before showing it to the kid. I don't remember anything too bad in that, certainly not on Keijo level, aside from a scene where Akane takes a phone out of her bra.

But aside from all that, it's a really fun anime with some awesome action.

I recommend that one and the thoughts of the others.

Then again, I'm the Guy who showed the Guyver anime to my nephew when we were younger, so
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

If you can track it down, the censored version of the Street Fighter 2 Anime Movie should be fine to show as well.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    So yeah, still checking the settings of WWE 2k19 so while I'm checking that out, you guys feel free to choose which of the 30 men you'd like to back up on.

1. Ash Ketchum
    2. Deadpool
    3. Katakuri
    4. Eggman
    5. Wario
    6. Tommy Vercetti (GTA Vice City)
    7. Geese Howard
    8. King Dedede -The MunchKING
    9. Lester the Unlikely
    10. Shaggy
    11. Glass Joe
    12. Link
    13. James Bond
    14. Winter Soldier
    15. Shao Kahn
    16. Thanos
    17. Green Arrow
    18. Hank Hill
    19. Wilson "Kingpin" Fisk (classic)
    20. Dale Gribble
    21. Simon Belmont
    22. Solid Snake
    23. Luke Cage
    24. Mario
    25. Guile
    26. Pepsi man
    27. Jiren the Gray
    28. Tienshinhan
    29. Little Mac
    30. Daredevil
    Is that Katakuri the one piece one? If so, I'll take him

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I would recommend Slayers for a child his age: It's a highly comedic fantasy adventure with plenty of action involving swords and magic. It's also relatively "safe" since the violence is hardly graphic and there's practically no fanservice. I'd also recommend Yu Yu Hakusho and the Fatal Fury movies.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I would recommend Slayers for a child his age: It's a highly comedic fantasy adventure with plenty of action involving swords and magic. It's also relatively "safe" since the violence is hardly graphic and there's practically no fanservice. I'd also recommend Yu Yu Hakusho and the Fatal Fury movies.
    Although, there is plenty of Mai Shiranui Service in this movies. Especially the Motion Picture.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Then again, I'm the Guy who showed the Guyver anime to my nephew when we were younger, so
    Dude, you're better than my mom was. Apparently, she thought HBO's Spawn was "too violent and mature"for her impressionable 11 year-old child, but had no problem with letting me buy the Devilman and Guyver OVAs, or occasionally watching Evangelion with me. Don't even get me started on the fact that I was watching the first two Terminator movies and Robocop when I was 8.

My mother was weird.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Dude, you're better than my mom was. Apparently, she thought HBO's Spawn was "too violent and mature"for her impressionable 11 year-old child, but had no problem with letting me buy the Devilman and Guyver OVAs, or occasionally watching Evangelion with me. Don't even get me started on the fact that I was watching the first two Terminator movies and Robocop when I was 8.

My mother was weird.
    Oh that is awesome!

I'm pretty sure I was into horror movies before anime but I think it's mostly the same. Gotta rep my man Jason!

In fact, it was a bit of luck that I got into Anime. I came home from school one day, switched through channels to find something to watch and I chanced upon Goku VS Monkey Vegeta.

It was eye opening to say the least.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

My mother was weird.
    That sounds like a nice kind of weird.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu: Nijūnanazuryūsen

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Is that Katakuri the one piece one? If so, I'll take him
    Alrighty, Katakuri is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That sounds like a nice kind of weird.
    Yeah, I had a good mom.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu: Nijūnanazuryūsen

This from the new one I assume? I don't remember Kenshin giving someone the work quite like this. I think I'd remember my boy busting out an evolved extra sweet Kuzuryusen. I also don't remember him fighting Zoro's cousin or something, but hey.

..I should catch up one day on that new arc...Eventually.