Page 950 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 4508509009409469479489499509519529539549601000105014501950 ... LastLast
Results 14,236 to 14,250 of 36572
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Well, 30 random dudes went into a ring and...I can only say the winner will be back at London drinking Martinis with his new Million Dollar belt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean if your plan is to over-analyze everything, sure.

You could just as easily say that the Red Pill is skepticism because the movies are about waking up and realizing that everything you've been raised to believe is a lie. Or that it was anything that fit a "because of this, the pill is this" format; because humans are really really good at fitting things to fit their view/what they want to see.
    Yes, and since the film was made by two trans people, it's very easy to see where they got the idea for that

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Wait, I thought only one of the brothers was trans.
    Both are, last I checked. I think one came out later than the other

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Yes, and since the film was made by two trans people, it's very easy to see where they got the idea for that
    If they haven't outright said it, all you're doing is inserting your own opinion. If you're not, and they DID say that? Then hey! I don't frankly care, but it's a nice bit of context.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So I discovered something amazing today. To be clear, it's not really new information, it's just something I learned today.

The red pill is estrogen.

See, the Matrix was written by two Trans-individuals, and there are a lot of references to the Trans experience within it. One of those references is in the Red pill-Blue pill scene. At the time, Estrogen pills were red colored.
    Both did not transition until after the original movie. Granted, this does not mean they weren't struggling with identity issues, but the first Matrix movie was clearly marketed as a film by "The Wachowskis Brothers".

Also, I did not find any source that confirms this theory, aside from it being a theory made by a writer named Hannah DuVoix in 2012 who outright avoided implying that it was the Wachowskis' intent, that information found in an article by Tom Hawking about MRAs. Now if you know a much better source, I would greatly appreciate reading it as the theory itself is pretty interesting.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 05-17-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Both did not transition until after the original movie. Granted, this does not mean they weren't struggling with identity issues, but the first Matrix movie was clearly marketed as a film by "The Wachowskis Brothers".

Also, I did not find any source that confirms this theory, aside from it being a theory made by a writer named Hannah DuVoix in 2012 who outright avoided implying that it was the Wachowskis' intent, that information found in an article by Tom Hawking about MRAs. Now if you know a much better source, I would greatly appreciate reading it as the theory itself is pretty interesting.
    Nah, it's just a theory, but it's a very convincing one.

Nah, it's just a theory, but it's a very convincing one.
    I gotcha. It is a pretty interesting theory.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    MomoRanger!

Wow, that looks really cool.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    Really, though? Because it's not like Kate casually re-wrote reality, on a whim, that messed with, oh, all of creation. Repeatedly. You know?
    I mean, the Legends of Tomorrow do that on a daily basis. Always seems to work out for them. (It’s because straight people screw up time travel)

I love dealing with trespassers at my job. The look of terror on their faces is always hilarious.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I mean, the Legends of Tomorrow do that on a daily basis. Always seems to work out for them. (It’s because straight people screw up time travel)
    Must be. No, I've heard from people that Legends is the best one to get into, because it's so off-the-wall and entertaining, but I've never been able to get into it.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Extraordinary Member

Must be. No, I've heard from people that Legends is the best one to get into, because it's so off-the-wall and entertaining, but I've never been able to get into it.
    I've seen the first two seasons and enjoyed them for all their goofy shenanigans. Then I just kinda dropped it, but it's around that time that I dropped out of all the Arrowverse shows.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean if your plan is to over-analyze everything, sure.
    What do you mean by over-analyse exactly?

A trans reading of the work of two prominent trans creators isn't a deep pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Wait, I thought only one of the brothers was trans.
    Sisters and both of them are trans.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

legends of tomorrow is by far my favorite of the DCW shows.

the flash really fell off in recent seasons.

arrow was something of a yo-yo with great highs but cringy lows.

never watched black lightning so i can't judge.

and batwoman is............well there are enough youtube reviews to let you know of the ........ahem....."quality" of that show.

"legends" knows what it is and wants to be and embraces it. it also helps that it allowed matt Ryan to take up the role of john constintine again, since his show got canned and a lot of people love him in the role, myself included.

Extraordinary Member

Mashle continues to be a hilariously awesome manga. I love it.