Page 96 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 468692939495969798991001061461965961096 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 36896
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    If I were them, I would lean into the video game scene. RWBY's begging to become it's own anime fighter game series. They've already gotten started in that BlazBlue crossover game.
    That game bombed however. I think there's too much of a negative perception of the franchise at this point and I have my doubts that even the people involved in RWBY want to do it anymore.

Extraordinary Member

I'd say you're making a mountain out of a molehill

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    That game bombed however. I think there's too much of a negative perception of the franchise at this point and I have my doubts that even the people involved in RWBY want to do it anymore.
    Possibly. I'm not that up on the fandom. I hate the show myself, and mostly just watch FatManFalling's reviews of it. I'm just saying if they wanted to keep going with the franchise, I think video games would be the way to go.

BANNED

Possibly. I'm not that up on the fandom. I hate the show myself, and mostly just watch FatManFalling's reviews of it. I'm just saying if they wanted to keep going with the franchise, I think video games would be the way to go.
    Meh it got volume 5 was rather poorly received and the atmosphere from both the he fans and haters has become way to toxic. It also lead to a boom in FMF imitators.

I don't really like FatManFalling tbh. The guy comes across as having a massive ego and unwarranted sense of self importance, when the only thing of note he's ever done, is **** on a mediocre web serie
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 09-29-2018 at 01:13 PM.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Mighty Member

I don't really like FatManFalling tbh. The guy comes across as having a massive ego and unwarranted sense of self importance, when the only thing of note he's ever done, is **** on a mediocre web serie
    So like every youtube personality?

Meh it got volume 5 was rather poorly received and the atmosphere from both the he fans and haters has become way to toxic. It also lead to a boom in FMF imitators.
    Yeah, it does feel kind of off that you can get whole cottage industries of YouTubers making careers out of shitting on a specific franchise, especially when that's really their only claim to fame. Like, once RWBY dies, if he can't springboard off onto something else, what's gunna fuel his Patreon?

I don't really like FatManFalling tbh. The guy comes across as having a massive ego and unwarranted sense of self importance, when the only thing of note he's ever done, is **** on a mediocre web series
    I feel like a lot of people seem to feel that way about the whole niche genre of "analysis critique" videos. Or any YouTuber they don't like. :P

I think he's better than most in terms of presentation and coverage of the topic, I've certainly enjoyed his main Review vids, but now he's got a whole posse of fellow RWBY haters he does reaction streams with, and that stuff just isn't very entertaining.

BANNED

Yeah, it does feel kind of off that you can get whole cottage industries of YouTubers making careers out of shitting on a specific franchise, especially when that's really their only claim to fame. Like, once RWBY dies, if he can't springboard off onto something else, what's gunna fuel his Patreon?

I feel like a lot of people seem to feel that way about the whole niche genre of "analysis critique" videos. Or any YouTuber they don't like. :P

I think he's better than most in terms of presentation and coverage of the topic, I've certainly enjoyed his main Review vids, but now he's got a whole posse of fellow RWBY haters he does reaction streams with, and that stuff just isn't very entertaining.
    I don't really disagree with his criticisms of the series all that much, but he just comes across as a really unpleasant person. Don't get me wrong there's plenty about Miles and Kerry's work to criticize, but FMF just takes it way beyond that and seems to have something personal against them.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 09-29-2018 at 01:42 PM.

I don't really disagree with his criticisms of the series all that much, but he just comes across as a really unpleasant person. Don't get me wrong there's plenty about Miles and Kerry's work to criticize, but FMF just takes it way beyond that and seems to have something personal against them.
    That's true, he does rag on them over much, especially as his reviews continue on. I guess he's gotten used to them being the "bad guys" of the narrative.

BANNED

That's true, he does rag on them over much, especially as his reviews continue on. I guess he's gotten used to them being the "bad guys" of the narrative.
    I think it's mainly because he didn't want to **** on Monty, so he set them up to be the scapegoats in his narrative (and he just dosn't like Miles for whatever reason). This isn't some great defense of M&K's work, because they have more than their fair share of shortcomings as writers. But Monty was more than likely a bigger part of the problem than they were.

People like to push the narrative that Monty Oum was a creative genius who could do no wrong and that M&K are "ruining his vision".
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 09-29-2018 at 02:11 PM.

I think it's mainly because he didn't want to **** on Monty, so he set them up to be the scapegoats in his narrative (and he just dosn't like Miles for whatever reason). This isn't some great defense of M&K's work, because they have more than their fair share of shortcomings as writers. But Monty was more than likely a bigger part of the problem than they were.
    Seems to mostly be Miles he has the hate-boner for, while he doesn't like Kerry, he seems to cut him more slack, I guess? Not that he's favorable to either of them.

He has some criticism of Monty, but it's light by comparison.

People like to push the narrative that Monty Oum was a creative genius who could do no wrong and that M&K are "ruining his vision".
    Creative? Yes. Genius? I wouldn't go that far. He was talented and skilled in the craft that he dedicated himself to learning, and he had a style he stuck to that stood out among the crowd.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 09-29-2018 at 02:19 PM.

BANNED

Seems to mostly be Miles he has the hate-boner for, while he doesn't like Kerry, he seems to cut him more slack, I guess? Not that he's favorable to either of them.

He has some criticism of Monty, but it's light by comparison.

Creative? Yes. Genius? I wouldn't go that far. He was talented and skilled in the craft that he dedicated himself to learning, and he had a style he stuck to that stood out among the crowd.
    Which is a weird attitude to have, since most evidence suggests that Miles is actualy the more sensible/talented one out of himself and Kerry.

Either way this is part of why I kind of suspect Miles might not want to do RWBY anymore. After six years of this, all he's gotten out of it is people constantly shitting on him and accusing him of running his friends legacy.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to do it anymore if I was in his position.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Which is a weird attitude to have, since most evidence suggests that Miles is actualy the more sensible/talented one out of himself and Kerry.

Either way this is part of why I kind of suspect Miles might not want to do RWBY anymore. After six years of this, all he's gotten out of it is people constantly shitting on him and accusing him of running his friends legacy.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to do it anymore if I was in his position.
    Yeah, I don't blame him. Especially since RoosterTeeth is still doing other shows, has other properties to spin. Nomad to Nowhere's the new thing for them. No reason to lock themselves down to one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I'd say you're making a mountain out of a molehill
    Plus, "bombed"? Most sites gave the BB:Cross tag game favorable reviews, with metacritic even giving it 80/100 to 76/100 (depending on which system you're playing). In terms of sales, I don't know how well it did but professional and user reception is pretty decent.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!