Page 961 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 4618619119519579589599609619629639649659711011106114611961 ... LastLast
Results 14,401 to 14,415 of 36575

I've been looking forward to it ever since the E3 reveal

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    spoilers:
    And Izuku is nearly at 50% in his mastery of One for All in such a short time. Our cinnamon roll boy is growing up so fast.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That is certainly true. But I think it's less complete mastery (as in using it throughout his entire body) and more using 45% power for that one smash attack. That was what he was training for after all.
    end of spoilers

Still, cinnamon broccoli boy is so strong now.

EDIT: Also, spoilers:
    I've been wondering if Deku might be the best equipped to deal with Shigaraki. If he's managed to gain some mastery over Float and Black Whip he's got a good power set to avoid Shigaraki's Decay.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 05-25-2020 at 12:26 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

It's a bank holiday in the UK so I have spent some of it animating.

This for the Doig&Swift animorning challenge and the prompt was water:

Pretty pleased with how this turned out, both in terms of the finished product and the efficiency of my workflow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's a bank holiday in the UK so I have spent some of it animating.

This for the Doig&Swift animorning challenge and the prompt was water:

Pretty pleased with how this turned out, both in terms of the finished product and the efficiency of my workflow.
    I like the way you handled the water in your animation.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

sigh.

my brother-in-law's best friend died in an accident yesterday. we weren't particularly close but he was good people. the runs loved him and my mom enjoyed his company.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    sigh.

my brother-in-law's best friend died in an accident yesterday. we weren't particularly close but he was good people. the runs loved him and my mom enjoyed his company.
    Damn man. That is horrible. Sorry for your loss.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

sigh.

Oh god. So sorry for the loss. Condolences for his family and friends.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I am now 31. Gonna do some mma training to celebrate.
    Congratulations, Fist!

Youngster.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Sorry to hear, MoR.

For my money, and I might have mentioned it recently, the best lightsaber sequence in the entire series is in A New Hope. Tight movements, constant footwork, sliding attacks along each other's 'blades'...lots of small, more subtle stuff. Course, that was back when it was more based on fencing, which...makes sense when you have a 1m long murder rod that just needs to touch someone to tear a chunk off them.

Then they got fancy.

For fun, the final Ben Solo battle against his old knights was also a favourite. Not for technical purposes, but in that fight we got to see BEN SOLO, not Kylo Ren. Actor played it well. Got a look at who he would have been, I think.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Sorry to hear, MoR.

For my money, and I might have mentioned it recently, the best lightsaber sequence in the entire series is in A New Hope. Tight movements, constant footwork, sliding attacks along each other's 'blades'...lots of small, more subtle stuff. Course, that was back when it was more based on fencing, which...makes sense when you have a 1m long murder rod that just needs to touch someone to tear a chunk off them.

Then they got fancy.

For fun, the final Ben Solo battle against his old knights was also a favourite. Not for technical purposes, but in that fight we got to see BEN SOLO, not Kylo Ren. Actor played it well. Got a look at who he would have been, I think.
    after seeing obi-wan/maul in "rebels", part of me believes that obi-wan's style became less reliant on the more established styles and favored more........focus, if that's a word for it. vader couldn't really jump around much due to his limbs and armor and thus had to chance his style to adapt to his new living situation. but i see your point on it.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    poor elena. but she is still waifu for many.

after seeing obi-wan/maul in "rebels", part of me believes that obi-wan's style became less reliant on the more established styles and favored more........focus, if that's a word for it. vader couldn't really jump around much due to his limbs and armor and thus had to chance his style to adapt to his new living situation. but i see your point on it.
    We could come up with in-setting reasons for it, I'm sure. I just like it. Lucas was really going for more of a fencing approach back then (edit: and Kendo), and wasn't thinking about the Jedi as being mystic kung fu people, I'm guessing.

It's more logical, to me, and the fighting actually looks workable and so forth in places. It's not all fancy spinning and wild sweeps and leading with the body (note that the vast majority of the time they keep each other at a distance, keep the weapons between them, and keep each other 'on the point' of their weapon).

Granted, leading with the body is pretty common in all Hollywood fights (ugh), but to see LESS of it in a space fantasy really makes the point about who they had for choreography.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    We could come up with in-setting reasons for it, I'm sure. I just like it. Lucas was really going for more of a fencing approach back then (edit: and Kendo), and wasn't thinking about the Jedi as being mystic kung fu people, I'm guessing.

It's more logical, to me, and the fighting actually looks workable and so forth in places. It's not all fancy spinning and wild sweeps and leading with the body (note that the vast majority of the time they keep each other at a distance, keep the weapons between them, and keep each other 'on the point' of their weapon).

Granted, leading with the body is pretty common in all Hollywood fights (ugh), but to see LESS of it in a space fantasy really makes the point about who they had for choreography.
    I recall a documentary or interview where Lucas said that he originally imagined that the lightsabre would be a significantly heavy weapon, rather than the ultra lightweight direction things ultimately went. The choreography in New Hope especially, is built around that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I recall a documentary or interview where Lucas said that he originally imagined that the lightsabre would be a significantly heavy weapon, rather than the ultra lightweight direction things ultimately went. The choreography in New Hope especially, is built around that idea.
    That would make sense.

Either way...heavy, not-heavy, what I see in A New Hope is consistent with a couple of dudes who are using 1m murder-sticks that can maim with a touch. And I really like some of it.

I mean...

*person A spins lightsaber around, as well as their body*

*person B pokes them with their own lightsaber half-way through the body spin, or when the other saber is basically out from between them (this happens LOTS)*

Done.

I know - people want the big movements, they want to see flash and flare (and possibly flair). Myself? I like realism. Yep, realism in a series with space-magic and laser swords, because maaaaan, fighting is still fighting and there are far more efficient ways to do it. And a lot of the crap I see in the flashy fights? Would get people killed.

It like stuff that looks tight and real AND has some flair. It's possible.
    Why are we here?